• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

Jeff actually enjoying playing a healer is the highest possible compliment to Overwatch.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

I'm stuck at work and can't play games for a good week because of study/family commitments - after living vicariously through the GB dudes for the last couple of hours, I don't know what to do now.

Salarians

Defending and the payload is a foot from the goal and our Hanzo dragon kills literally the entire enemy team. Overwatch is a good game.

2854417-overwatch.jpg
Quick Look: Overwatch

Jeff, Dan, and Drew aren't just classes. They're heroes.

Oh cool, they did a launch thing stream. Gotta catch up, had my cousin over and tried abit of Overwatch. It looks alright but damn did Doom spoil me, it moves like molasses compared to that game.

Tubobutts

This is like the fourth time Dan has said Mercator projection. Is that also the name of a wrestler?

Gorillas aren't monkeys you racist.

I promised myself I would wait a few weeks for Overwatch. Maybe pick it up a little cheaper on Amazon. At least wait until I finish Doom. But here I am downloading it.

I'm so weak

hamchan

Says a lot when Jeff, who doesn't enjoy TF2-like games and who doesn't care that much for Blizzard games, is enjoying Overwatch.

valeo

Says a lot when Jeff, who doesn't enjoy TF2-like games and who doesn't care that much for Blizzard games, is enjoying Overwatch.

Says a lot when he's enjoying being the only class that is full-healer (Mercy).

They should put that on the box 'Gerstmann played healer and enjoyed it'

tesqui

Was in a real Doom mood, so I went and rewatched Breaking Brad: Doom 2 Ultra Violent. Still holds up really well. In my opinion top 5 premium content on the site.

I hope brad follows through on that Quake stream he was tweeting about doing.

I still don't understand why everyone likes Overwatch so much. But also I have 1000+ hours in TF2 and no desire to go back.

It's a little flashier and has Blizzards name behind it. One thing I think that is very much a knock against TF2 is that it's old and thus is harder to break into now. I'm not worried about being good in Overwatch because most people don't have a fucking clue what they're doing. In TF2 I'm constantly confused by the different weapon behaviors when most players aren't and it kind of brings the experience down for me. Overwatch is to TF2 as League is to Dota. This the same reason I think Hearthstone is so successful. A lot of people know about Magic and might be curious about it, but it's been around forever and playing catchup seems incredibly daunting.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Am I weird for...not being super in love with Overwatch's character designs? They're fine, but the internet is absolutely going bonkers over them, and they sort of feel over designed to me.

I dunno, I still think Valve has some of the best character design in the business. Overwatch sort of feels, visually, to TF2 the way League of Legends feels to Dota

Listening to the Doom "How is this good?" talk on the recent Bombcast, it occurs to me the last three games I played and loved, I initially was down on at the announcement. Uncharted 4 announcement got the "another Uncharted?" reaction. Overwatch is, as I understand it, Blizzard shifting failed MMO concepts to their first competitive shooter. And Doom, the last good id game released when people thought Y2K could happen.

Am I weird for...not being super in love with Overwatch's character designs? They're fine, but the internet is absolutely going bonkers over them, and they sort of feel over designed to me.

I dunno, I still think Valve has some of the best character design in the business. Overwatch sort of feels, visually, to TF2 the way League of Legends feels to Dota

I hate that Tracer has an English accent. Is that anywhere near the antipathy that you feel?

valeo

I think TF2 character designs are perfect - but I like Overwatch for having a mish-mash of characters and making it all seem somehow cohesive.

Volotaire

Greg Miller
@GameOverGreggy
.@jeffgerstmann comes to the Kinda Funny Gamescast tomorrow. Got questions? Post'em here: kindafunnyforums.com/viewtopic.php?… pic.twitter.com/ucUgNDtwCv

Seems like Jeff is turning up on the Kinda Funny Gamescast.

Seems like Jeff is turning up on the Kinda Funny Gamescast.

no podcast tomorrow confirmed

Brad finally resigned

Jeff quit to join kinda funny games

Dan is now manager of a taco bell

Jason is playing Zarya, forever.

Drew has climbed a mountain, has not been seen since. Last seen flying a B-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom