• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck, overwatch is so much fun.

I wreck shop with D.VA, Reinhart and torbjorn. The last two you can get some ridiculously good utility out of especially when everyone else in the team is just farting around. Reinhart's dash slam is so much fucking fun. When the team starts playing as a team (which is rare sometimes) you can seriously make a game saving push with his shield.

The whole experience is just so smooth too.

Reinhardt's shield is amazing if you can round up a team that can coordinate a concentrated push (which, as you said, can be rare). I just love how well all of the abilities can coalesce while simultaneously being geared to counter specific opposition tactics. 21 heroes and they all feel equally viable.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reinhardt's shield is amazing if you can round up a team that can coordinate a concentrated push (which, as you said, can be rare). I just love how well all of the abilities can coalesce while simultaneously being geared to counter specific opposition tactics. 21 heroes and they all feel equally viable.

I mostly started playing reinhardt and torbjorn just out of need really, because goddamn half the time everyone just goes for the usual assault/sniper and does shit all except run around and do nothing.

They are seriously fun to play though.

Whippy have you used Reinhart to save your entire team from a D.Va explosion? That's one of the best gifs I've seen from the beta, dude tackled the mech while it was glowing and drove it off the edge to protect his squad.

Wunder

I mostly started playing reinhardt and torbjorn just out of need really, because goddamn half the time everyone just goes for the usual assault/sniper and does shit all except run around and do nothing.

They are seriously fun to play though.

I love Rein but I seriously can't play him when I'm solo queuing. I have no idea what's going on behind me and whenever I try and coordinate a push it feels like it's just me and the healer behind me and then my shield gets broken and its sad time city

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Whippy have you used Reinhart to save your entire team from a D.Va explosion? That's one of the best gifs I've seen from the beta, dude tackled the mech while it was glowing and drove it off the edge to protect his squad.

No but that sounds amazing. I did slam a gorilla to the wall and nearly pulled off a last second save during a capture the objective match. Also the best thing is when 2 reinhardts have a shield off and then one just slams the other. Did that once to save a cart match.

I love Rein but I seriously can't play him when I'm solo queuing. I have no idea what's going on behind me and whenever I try and coordinate a push it feels like it's just me and the healer behind me and then my shield gets broken and its sad time city

Yeah that happens more often than not, but when you can get a concentrated push it's awesome.

drew has sticky stuff on him

SK8wCJD.gif

Wunder

No but that sounds amazing. I did slam a gorilla to the wall and nearly pulled off a last second save during a capture the objective match. Also the best thing is when 2 reinhardts have a shield off and then one just slams the other. Did that once to save a cart match.

Yeah that happens more often than not, but when you can get a concentrated push it's awesome.

for sure. Swinging that hammer feels so satisfying too, if you swing your mouse in the direction of the swing it just increases the hit box!

SomberOwl

I hope we get some good discussions on the Kinda Funny Gamescast with Jeff. I really hope they avoid talking about games media and how they got into it and anything around that rehashed and worn out topic.

Edit: Reading some of the questions being posted to the Kinda Funny Forums for Jeff and every other question has something to do with games media...

popo

Jeff might be the only thing that gets me to listen to Kinda Shitty Funny. Dan wasn't enough to convince me.

I'm always shocked how many international GB fans there are, despite being one myself.

They put up a breakdown after one of those surveys they did. It is like 60% US, 30% euro (heavily UK) but the other 10% is very diverse

MG310

I hope we get some good discussions on the Kinda Funny Gamescast with Jeff. I really hope they avoid talking about games media and how they got into it and anything around that rehashed and worn out topic.

Edit: Reading some of the questions being posted to the Kinda Funny Forums for Jeff and every other question has something to do with games media...

Jeff holds a lot of video games, but has anyone ever asked which one has the best hand-feel?

I remember playing Reinhardt once, and there was an opposing Rein, and we kept charging at each other whenever we ran into each other. It was hilarious because we kept stunning each other trying to one up ourselves with the charge. It happened atleast 10 times. So good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jeff being into Overwatch is awesome seeing how down he was on it before release (he straight up said "I do not like that game" last podcast or 2 pdocasts ago or something)

Jeff being into Overwatch is awesome seeing how down he was on it before release (he straight up said "I do not like that game" last podcast or 2 pdocasts ago or something)

Yeah he was super-negative about it right before the open beta. "That game does absolutely nothing for me" and he disliked "everything about the aesthetic" too. Pretty dramatic turnaround. Sounds like he didn't spend a ton of time with it before recently, so he might have just had a few bad matches and put it down.

Gurrry

Anyone know what max level in OW is? And do you still get loot boxes once you hit max level?

I tried asking in the OW thread, but it moves too fast.

edit: nvm! some kind soul answered! apparently you prestige and cycle once you hit max level. nice!

Meguro

Banned
I thought anime talk was banned.

Overwatch is so fun. But my PC being as it is I can't even have a video running in the background without it stuttering like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom