• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

More like Sleepy Pogs
2843330-dan-pog.gif

This is my favourite Dishonored Gamespot thread on NeoGAF.
i don't know what it was about deus ex one but nothing people have done with the franchise since has quite gotten that feeling. it's probably one of those nostalgia titles for me where I can't not see that game like I was 10 or 12 or whatever.

that said I only really remember like the first half of that game.

Deux Ex is amazing. It's basically "meaningful decisions" the game, and quite possibly the best complex game design I've ever seen (complex meaning not an arcade game or similar). You're constantly juggling multiple resources and the way leveling up and augmentation slots work means that even at the end of the game you can't do everything. Yet at the end of the game you feel really powerful, because what you can do you do super well.

Using two resources for exploration (lockpicks and multitools) already makes the game more interesting than most games of similar style. Having minigames for similar purposes is just dumb, and completely misses the point.

(The one obvious flaw I can think of is the way hacking computers works. I get what they're trying to do by making better hacking just give you more time to work, but it makes hacking a lot worse for people who are slow readers, disabled people etc.. Maybe some sort of "turn-based" system would be better? Oh and I guess swimming is quite unnecessary.)

I saw before the edit
swipekeyboard ftw
This Bombcast intro jam is pretty good
More powertools on Bombcast
Call of Juarez Gunslinger is awesome as fuck.
I bought it a while ago and it did nothing for me.
I'd replace Isolation with Splinter Cell Blacklist but that is a dang good list.

2/3rds of Isolation are a fantastic horror game, but it ran waaaaaaaay too long.

Edit: And yes, so far HITMANcopyrighttrademark has been effing fantastic.
Wasn't Blacklist disliked by most? I seem to recall that, I think?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't really get asmr, because I get the same sensations out of music, so to me they're just like really boring noise. That sensation is nice but I can get it from something more enjoyable.

Why does everyone say Dishonored punishes you for killing everybody? Because characters in the game acknowledge the fact that you're killing everybody?

The last level in the game is so much cooler in High Chaos.

And even if you don't like that ending the game immediately unlocks the Low Chaos version of the level after beating it so you don't have to replay the whole game.

I mean it gets way harder to stealth in high chaos, but if you're on the last level in high chaos, odds are you are getting by just fine without it

Scizzy

Dan's secret dream in life is to be like a runaway child in an '80s movie who secretly lives in a Walmart. Dozens of big screen TVs, every video game, tons of WWE merchandise, all the Oreos and queso a man can eat - it's a Ryckert paradise. Of course he likes shitting there; it lets him feel a little closer to that unattainable goal.

repeater

Dan not shitting in his house is weird. Like off the charts mental. Dude needs to see a professional.

That has to be Dan playing Dan. Even Drew was shocked in podcast.

I was stunned when I heard it.

that sounds like the craziest thing Dan's said.

Seeing face reactions would have been great when he said that.
Wait, so this is unanimously considered weird behaviour?

Hear me out. We all accept the old adage that "You don't shit where you eat", right?

I eat in my house, almost daily.

Thus, I don't shit in my own house.
QED.

Peru

Hear me out. We all accept the old adage that "You don't shit where you eat", right?

QED.

By that logic you shouldn't shit on planet earth at all.

QED.

I eat in the Milky Way galaxy daily. Thus, I don't shit in the Milky Way galaxy.

repeater

Look, there are so many poop particles about after you've committed an act like that. What I'm saying is, the very least you can do as a civilized rational being (as opposed to a mere beast wallowing in dirt and grime) is to try to keep as many of them as far away from your food and breathing as possible. Thus: if you can poop at Walmarts, that's good. If you, by the grace of God, have somehow acquired the powers to poop at some distant region of the cosmos, that's even better and I'm slightly envious of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom