• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff is super high on Doom. Unless something else comes out and touches him the same way, safe bet that it'll make it around the top or even the top. Since they all seem to dig it a lot.

yami4ct

The Uncharted 4 is National Treasure 2 email is really funny, but definitely misses the point a good bit. Yes, Uncharted 4 is similar to a bad movie in broad points, but a large point of what makes a movie good or bad is the storytelling, not the broad plot. Delivery is arguably even more important than the content and that's where UC4 nails it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They're different games.

But I have a feeling their positive reaction to Doom and Overwatch are going to make Battlefield 1 get put to the mettle and find it lacking.

What's everyone's review rankings?

Austin>>>Alex=Brad>>Jeff>Dan for me, but I dig more introspective stuff instead of more traditional reviews. Giant Bomb is also the only site where I read everyone review, it's cool how distinctive everyone's style is.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Austin>>>Alex=Brad>>Jeff>Dan for me, but I dig more introspective stuff instead of more traditional reviews. Giant Bomb is also the only site where I read everyone review, it's cool how distinctive everyone's style is.

They come out so rarely that I've ceased to care really.

For me it would be Austin, Brad, Alex/Jeff, then Dan.

yami4ct

My laptop was getting real hot and I thought my good old MBA was finally kicking the bucket.

Turns out Safari had a bad cache file that was running my CPU at 100%. Didn't know that could happen, but now I get the joy of booting up the internet for the first time after completely clearing my cache.

Jeez it's slow. I knew cache files helped things load faster, but I didn't know it was that much.

Mine is Austin/Jeff >>> Alex > Jason > Drew/Vinny > Brad/Dan.

yami4ct

What else is coming out this year?

A lot of stuff the crew would like might not get announced dates until E3.

Off the top of my head for AAA stuff:
Titanfall 2
COD Future War thing
Battlefield 1
Forza Horizon 3 (maybe)
Gears 4
Destiny Expansion

From Japan:
Final Fantasy XV
Picross 3DS (Hit Europe already, should hit this year in the US I think)
Persona 5 (Believe)
Rhythm Heaven

GB Won't Play but will be good:
Zero Time Dilemma
Steins;Gate 0
Trails of Cold Steel 2

No Date. Probably won't be this year but, who knows?
Last Guardian
Horizon: Zero Dawn

That doesn't include any surprise indie hits or games that get announced later. I also probably am missing shit.

Wunder

A lot of stuff the crew would like might not get announced dates until E3.

Off the top of my head for AAA stuff:
Titanfall 2
COD Future War thing
Battlefield 1
Forza Horizon 3 (maybe)
Gears 4
Destiny Expansion

From Japan:
Final Fantasy XV
Picross 3DS (Hit Europe already, should hit this year in the US I think)
Persona 5 (Believe)
Rhythm Heaven

GB Won't Play but will be good:
Zero Time Dilemma
Steins;Gate 0
Trails of Cold Steel 2

No Date. Probably won't be this year but, who knows?
Last Guardian
Horizon: Zero Dawn

That doesn't include any surprise indie hits or games that get announced later. I also probably am missing shit.

What's Steins;Gate 0?

yami4ct

Oh shit, forgot the new due sex is coming out this year too.

Deus Ex, Dishonored and Mafia III slipped my mind. I'm not surprised I forgot Dishonored since I really hate that first game.

What's Steins;Gate 0?

Visual Novel. Sequel/side-quel of the original Steins;Gate, a game pretty much anyone who likes VNs at all loves. Takes one of the alternate timelines for that game and expands on it. Really well liked in Japan so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom