• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bw4COPA.gif

Day of Reckoning 2 was dope Geoff only likes old game

For those that care, the PS Now app is now available on PC in North America. The thing that really irks me (and I think this is a recent change) is the fact that they seemingly took away the a la carte option. $20/month is still too much for me. If it ever became $10/month, I would probably jump in at that price. I kind of want the guys to check out the app at some point to see how well it runs for them.

Download it here: https://download-psnow.playstation.com/downloads/psnow/pc/latest

Xater

This game tapes wasn't that entertaining. It was a pretty bad conference even back in the day. The only interesting part was how much garbage Nintendo was talking about online.

If only 1 could be the next Game Tapes which would you pick?

Microsoft's E3 2005. (The one where J allard sits on the weird slanted round stage for half the show)

or

Xbox- Next Generation Revealed. The MTV special presented by Elijah Wood

Xater

If only 1 could be the next Game Tapes which would you pick?

Microsoft's E3 2005. (The one where J allard sits on the weird slanted round stage for half the show)

or

Xbox- Next Generation Revealed. The MTV special presented by Elijah Wood

Man they are both good. I'd probably have to pick the Allard one though.

kiguel182

Regarding the Game Tapes, I don't know if it was talked about here, but Nintendo didn't change their idea regarding having internet be a focus on the Wii. Their idea was just different and, ultimately, not what people wanted.

The whole setup of "channels" was a the big focus of the console and it was all internet enabled apps. You can even argue they were a little ahead since Apple TV kinda works with channels and stuff. They simply weren't supported.

While the Wii had ancient ways of playing online they certainly tried to make an internet based console with channels and a focus on downloadable content. The focus was there it just wasn't supported and they lacked other stuff that Xbox had.

Anyway, these are my hot takes! Tune in next time.

kiguel182

Why's Jeff snickering at wireless Mario Kart so much? That literally happened on the DS.

Mario Kart DS was one of my first big online experience and it was amazing. Also, the idea of hotspots is ridiculous today but I didn't have wi-fi in the house so being able to go to a specific store to play online was great.

I mean, friend codes suck but online Mario Kart DS was awesome.

I actually loved the channels design of the Wii considering you were using a remote analogue. Also that thing had the best background music for their UI.

I mean, friend codes suck but online Mario Kart DS was awesome.

I remember getting really stupid good at snake drifting with Yoshi and having a blast online. Although I also remember a crapton of terrible, laggy matches.

kiguel182

So I'm reading that Jim Sterling thread about micro transactions in Deus Ex and my first thought was "There were micro transactions?"

I've done 1 and a half playthroughs and I never noticed. It's not like they are restricting Praxis kits either.

Jim Sterling's stuff got old a long time ago. "defend the consumer! Bad devs! Companies are evil!" lost all meaning when he just complains about every method of monetisation that he doesn't like.

It was fun when he was ripping on Aliens because that whole marketing campaign was a disgrace but now it's more like "if it bothers you just buy something else Jim, it's just video-games". He still has his moments but they are rarer and rarer these days.

Jim Sterling's stuff got old a long time ago. "defend the consumer! Bad devs! Companies are evil!" lost all meaning when he just complains about every method of monetisation that he doesn't like.

It was fun when he was ripping on Aliens because that whole marketing campaign was a disgrace but now it's more like "if it bothers you just buy something else Jim, it's just video-games". He still has his moments but they are rarer and rarer these days.

Hes already covered that in the video successfully.

Phediuk

Man, 2005 still feels so recent in my memory, but then I watch that Nintendo 2005 conference thing and holy shit it looks so dated.

I watched that conference live. In fact, I think that was the first E3 where all of them were streamed live.

Does anybody actually watch the video bombast? Watched the first couple and wondered wtf was I doing.

I was going to be but realised I far prefer listening to it when I'm going to sleep or something.

Plus I let my premium lapse (August what the hell?), so won't be for the forseeable.

I'd play Uncharted 4 again if it got updated for Neo. I really loved that game.

Does anybody actually watch the video bombast? Watched the first couple and wondered wtf was I doing.

I don't sit and watch it, but I do have it on while I'm working. Occasionally, I'll glance down at the stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom