• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

danm999

Lurking in some other community threads just makes me appreciate how the Giant Bomb staff and the vast majority of the fan base have their heads on straight.

LiK

Lurking in some other community threads just makes me appreciate how the Giant Bomb staff and the vast majority of the fan base have their heads on straight.

We're the most respected by the GB crew. I know Vinny is reading this. Hey Vinny.

ev0

Jeff would be more about Sonic x Mr. Do x Trackmania fanfics. Dan of course would go with the popular Zelda x Taco Bell fanfics as well as write about what it's like to be a professional heel.

I admit, you made me look up to see if any Mr Do fanfic existed. I didn't look hard but couldnt find any. I feel empty now

I love these unprepared streams... Who wants half assed content like this? Prepare your livestreams like GBE and think of something fun/continious

Xater

I love these unprepared streams... Who wants half assed content like this? Prepare your livestreams like GBE and think of something fun/continious

I already stopped watching. It's a bad idea with bad commentary from Rorie and Jason. Can't deal with it, sorry.

Fobwashed

are you doing your gimmick from last year at paxamania this weekend

Can't make it out to PAX East. Mainly cuz I have a baby but secondly because it's hard to justify going to more than one PAX a year what w/PAX West being in my backyard here in Seattle. It's super awesome tho so I'd love to make it out again sometime in the future. Maybe when the baby becomes a little girl that I can take with me?

As for my gimmick, I've got an evolution in mind for the next Rumble ;-]

Just joining the stream, and they're talking about frame pacing! Frame pacing is super important, and a lot of the time when people see their game "hitching" it's not due to frame rate drops but uneven frame pacing. The prioritization of it in recent years has been wonderful.

Just joining the stream, and they're talking about frame pacing! Frame pacing is super important, and a lot of the time when people see their game "hitching" it's not due to frame rate drops but uneven frame pacing. The prioritization of it in recent years has been wonderful.

jeez, are they still playing bloodborne

Dineren

Banned
Even though I don't like JC3 at all it was a pretty good pick to demonstrate boost mode. The frame rate seemed a lot better than the videos I saw around release.

Expecting GB West to put any effort into (live) content? Hah.

Yeah this is dire straits. This team has zero chemistry. Any West feature without Jeff in it is... not good now.

East's gotta secede from the Union at this rate.

Teddified

UGHHH making me wanna replay witcher 3....I've been meaning to replay the second one. But with so much out I don't know if I have that time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Yeah this is dire straits. This team has zero chemistry. Any West feature without Jeff in it is... not good now.

Also I find stuff like this weird. It's not a competition. It's one and the same entity. People act like west is somehow stopping east content or something, but they're all giantbomb content.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It also doesn't have to take 200 hours. I played the GotY edition (all DLCs) and finished in 100 and change.

In fact you can skip a large part of the side stuff in the main game and DLCs and be done MUCH faster than that.

Wunder

Also I find stuff like this weird. It's not a competition. It's one and the same entity. People act like west is somehow stopping east content or something, but they're all giantbomb content.

Well they are careful about not stepping over each others toes, so technically West can stop East content by streaming or releasing something when East wanted to do something. That being said, I don't think putting even more pressures on livestreaming content is really the solution. I thought people wanted Brad or whoever to just hop on and stream whatever they wanted? I mean it's either this or nothing, and I'm not really sure how much more planned you want it to be. Brad picked out like 4 or 5 games that he wanted to test and play around with and he's doing that, he's not necessarily spending 50 minutes looking through a list of games wondering what to play.

kingocfs

Not enough Alex dying in Mega Man over and over again while Vinny and Dan talk about food.

I just find the comparison interesting because East has been steadily cranking out video content for a long time now despite having a broom closet for a studio and only Vinny as a producer, and this was true before Dan joined the team too. Plus there's a lot more enthusiasm and excitement coming from that side. I'm just drawing a qualitative comparison.

Meanwhile West's features are like, one a month if you're lucky, and their other streams are just not that good.

Curufinwe

Not enough Alex dying in Mega Man over and over again while Vinny and Dan talk about food.

Yeah, Blue Bombing is not a good feature. I know these guys have massive nostalgia for the NES, but that doesn't mean watching them play NES games for hours at is always going to be fun.

Top Bottom