• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

oti

Banned
Which these towers don't do.

That's cool. I don't want to read those previews, I'm sure the game will be great.

I was never concerned about the game like Jeff and Brad were with all those new elements in Zelda. It's Nintendo. They look at what gameplay elements are popular, refine them and add their polish to them. This is their take on Survival and Open World and I'm sure it will be great, although not revolutionize those genres.

At the same time: Starfox Wii U

tumblr_nsg3h0se5q1tx4uo1o3_250.gif

Zelda's towers fill out the topography and detail of the area. It doesn't sound like they put any markers down at all.

Boy oh boy, the months of shitty fanboy arguments about Horizon vs. Zelda are going to be something to behold, huh.

Valtýr

The Windjammers video is funny when Brad is trying to get them to turn the CRT filters off without showing the utter disdain for them.

Zelda's towers fill out the topography and detail of the area. It doesn't sound like they put any markers down at all.

Boy oh boy, the months of shitty fanboy arguments about Horizon vs. Zelda are going to be something to behold, huh.

Trying to read the previews thread, one of the articles makes a negative comment about Horizon, cue celebration about said comment from certain people.

Most other previews sound super encouraging, though. Can't wait for next Friday.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Yep, NITW is definitely the new 'independent game which spurs both great and terrible fanart'

oti

Banned
Trying to read the previews thread, one of the articles makes a negative comment about Horizon, cue celebration about said comment from certain people.

Most other previews sound super encouraging, though. Can't wait for next Friday.

Why? What a shitty and completely unnecessary thing to do.

Meguro

Banned
Zelda sounds like the game I really wanted it to be.
Can't believe I'm getting to play Zelda and then a friggin' Nier sequel a few days later.
2017 is such a great year for games already.

Dineren

Banned
As a weirdo that liked Skyward Sword despite its issues I never doubted I would like Zelda, but I'm glad to hear the positive impressions.

Dan also likes Majora's Mask though ��

That's how you know he's trustworthy.

Zelda sounds like the game I really wanted it to be.
Can't believe I'm getting to play Zelda and then a friggin' Nier sequel a few days later.
2017 is such a great year for games already.

The best part of it is that, generally, there has been a wide variety of games and most anybody will be able to find something they love.

KingKong

You think you know a person like Dan and then he says something insane like that the orange skittles are the worst when its clearly the purple

oti

Banned
The games are coming out almost back to back. A lot of people will be playing one after another so why somebody would compare the two seems obvious to me.
Compare them after the review hits, maybe? I'm sure there are people who are wondering which of those two games to get but surely there must be better ways to talk about this than criticising the other game in a completely different preview.

Dan also likes Majora's Mask though 🤔
That makes him not trustworthy. I now have doubts again.
nah

As a weirdo that liked Skyward Sword despite its issues I never doubted I would like Zelda, but I'm glad to hear the positive impressions.
You're not a weirdo. You're on the right side of history.

No matter how good it is, it will still be there in the fall. When I can pick up a Switch with Zelda, Mario and a third game like Fir Emblem Warriors or Xenoblade 2 I'll be there.

I know the Zeitgeist argument is pretty rote at this point, but I really want to be there day 1 for this game. Hopefully there are some surprises in there.

The big one that I'm still not sure about is whether or not
you play as Zelda at some point.

Maybe it makes sense in context.

What preview is it from broncobuster?

This one http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230933997&postcount=258

And to note, the author also brings up Horizon when talking about the visuals in its favor. I don't think the author is trying to fan the flames, but I suppose people will use what ammo they can get.

Not playing favoritism, friend of the site Peter Brown's preview is nice and concise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWiUcgPGMhg

Man, this is shaping up to be quite a year for video games, huh?

It's the best time to be playing video games. I wish I had a break to play some backlogged games like Dishonored 2.

a little confused about Alex's disdain for every nintendo launch? I can't recall significant issues with the Wii U or Wii launch outside of the loading times on the former. am i forgetting something major ?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
a little confused about Alex's disdain for every nintendo launch? I can't recall significant issues with the Wii U or Wii launch outside of the loading times on the former. am i forgetting something major ?

For the Wii he might be referring to Nintnedo's god awful stocking of new consoles. Like it was hard to get a Wii for the entire first year and a half it came out.

No_Style

Sorry, Vincenzo. I love The Witcher 3 but I agree with Alex & Dan's assessment of its combat. Serviceable and functional.

Dineren

Banned

I don't remember how widespread it was, but there were gamepads that wouldn't sync with the console at the Wii U launch I believe.

This one http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230933997&postcount=258

And to note, the author also brings up Horizon when talking about the visuals in its favor. I don't think the author is trying to fan the flames, but I suppose people will use what ammo they can get.

"Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda."

I think that's a perfectly fair thing to say, contextualized as to why the comparison is made. Sounds fantastic!

oti

Banned
"Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda."

I think that's a perfectly fair thing to say, contextualized as to why the comparison is made. Sounds fantastic!

I agree. Should've read the preview before commenting but I'm too afraid of spoilers.

No_Style

Huh. Maybe I shouldn't have postponed my play of Horizon: ZD then. Oh well....

Curufinwe

For the Wii he might be referring to Nintnedo's god awful stocking of new consoles. Like it was hard to get a Wii for the entire first year and a half it came out.

We did not see a Wii sitting on a store shelf ready to be purchased until September 2008.

I agree. Should've read the preview before commenting but I'm too afraid of spoilers.
Absolutely, I've gone on (almost) media blackout!

Is the Peter Brown preview spoiler-free, even for someone with super high spoiler sensitivity right now?
Huh. Maybe I shouldn't have postponed my play of Horizon: ZD then. Oh well....
I really want to play it. Later this year I'll probably get a PS4 and finally pick it up. Gonna be an important game for GOTY time.

oh snap

fast and furious franchise film and 40s every friday with the first episode out today

Will listen to all but week 4.

Absolutely, I've gone on (almost) media blackout!

Is the Peter Brown preview spoiler-free, even for someone with super high spoiler sensitivity right now?

Depends. Most of the footage is comparable to E3 footage, and he mostly talks about the mechanics and systems.

TraBuch

Banned
In Final Fantasy X, I'm now in the airship for the first time, about how far am I into the game? I haven't played it since it was new on the PS2 so I forget.

Top Bottom