• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Strax

Me and a friend tried playing yesterday and couldn't find a match. Kind of a big bummer considering I do really like it.

Indeed

It's only really good in 1v1 and people sticking to a good 1v1 game where they can't just blame their team lol

I'm all for teams. I've never played 1v1 in Rocket League except to teach my girlfriend the game.

Go teams!

the celebrity shit in death stranding pushes me further away

What celebrity shit? Besides Del Toro these are just actors. Unless I missed some announcement about the casting.

lmhd6svq.png

That sounds like an absolutely incredible experience :D! I definitely agree that the music is the strongest part of KH, there are so many amazing songs in it. That sucks recording was prohibited but I am glad you were able to get some. Yoko Shimomura being there (and playing in the encore) is super cool!!! Sounds like they performed a really good selection of songs from what you posted/recorded! Dearly Beloved is one of my favorites, can listen to that forever. All of the songs you got recordings of are awesome too!! I love Destati (can't imagine hearing that live, that would be awesome), The Other Promise, Wave of Darkness, Passion, Vector to the Heavens (could go on for awhile... basically every song lol)!

That reminds me a lot of the first Distant Worlds concert that came here (3-4 years ago). Nobou Uematsu actually came to the show and it happened to be his birthday. He went up on stage at one point and we all sang happy birthday and then he joined the choir for one winged angel haha. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to record then either. When they came back a month ago though they allowed us to, which was amazing. Hearing the FF6 character medley in person was amazing.

Thanks for sharing, that was awesome! Gonna spend some time listening to KH music at work tomorrow after I finish Friday's Beastcast haha. Hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to have the KH show come here!

I'm on board w/ Alex saying Fast Five might be the best ending of the series though the side of me that feels things likes the ending to Furious 7 a lot.

Speaking of that, what are some of your favourite voice acting roles by famous actors in games? Because I've been playing through the Mass Effect trilogy recently and I had forgotten that a) Martin Sheen was in it and b) he's really really good.

Speaking of that, what are some of your favourite voice acting roles by famous actors in games? Because I've been playing through the Mass Effect trilogy recently and I had forgotten that a) Martin Sheen was in it and b) he's really really good.

I haven't played ME2 since like it released but yeah I really liked Sheen as Illusive Man.

Favorite famous actors in games:

Ray Liotta and Dennis Hopper in GTA Vice City
Kyle MacLachlan in GTA 3
Gary Oldman in Call of Duty Black Ops (I think he was in World at War too?).
Mark Hamill as the Joker in the Arkham games feels like a cheat but I'll add it.
Ron Perlman as the Fallout narrator.
JK Simmons in Portal 2

Zaph

Nier endings ABCDE finally done.

What a game, just outstanding. P5, or some other surprise, is going to have to put in real work to snatch my GOTY.

While there were no shortages of other surprises, I have no idea what possessed Peter to think he should spoil that moment.

I said yes.

Giganteus

I'm not sure if disc jam is bad or if i am bad at disc jam.
I thought the same thing for the first 30 minutes to an hour. I genuinely thought it was crap and it didn't feel good to play, then i figured out the controls and how to do everything, and Disc Jam is really good, it turns out. I've had some amazing matches. It's just one of those games that need to be figured out by the player. If you suck at Disc Jam, the game sucks, to be blunt.

Disc jam seems really fun but I have yet to have a match without significant lag. Haven't had any lag issues with other games so that is disappointing.

Did they play simple and clean though

Nope. They played the instrumental version of Passion though. It's an orchestral concert so, no vocal songs pls.

Thanks for the report! I've been to an awesome Final Symphony 2 concert in 2015, but this sounds a whole tier higher.
I'm imagining Shimomura during the encore like I've seen her in this FF XV concert recording :)

Yesss, she was so into it. Also, very humble but enjoying every second of it as well. I mean, she mentioned it was always her dream to hear her music from games performed live.

That sounds like an absolutely incredible experience :D! I definitely agree that the music is the strongest part of KH, there are so many amazing songs in it. That sucks recording was prohibited but I am glad you were able to get some. Yoko Shimomura being there (and playing in the encore) is super cool!!! Sounds like they performed a really good selection of songs from what you posted/recorded! Dearly Beloved is one of my favorites, can listen to that forever. All of the songs you got recordings of are awesome too!! I love Destati (can't imagine hearing that live, that would be awesome), The Other Promise, Wave of Darkness, Passion, Vector to the Heavens (could go on for awhile... basically every song lol)!

That reminds me a lot of the first Distant Worlds concert that came here (3-4 years ago). Nobou Uematsu actually came to the show and it happened to be his birthday. He went up on stage at one point and we all sang happy birthday and then he joined the choir for one winged angel haha. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to record then either. When they came back a month ago though they allowed us to, which was amazing. Hearing the FF6 character medley in person was amazing.

Thanks for sharing, that was awesome! Gonna spend some time listening to KH music at work tomorrow after I finish Friday's Beastcast haha. Hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to have the KH show come here!

I came into KH mostly for the Disney characters since that's what I grew up watching. However, after all this time ever since playing KH back in 2002, the music is the thing that made such a strong impression on me. I mean they basically played most of the important tracks and hearing them again brought back many wonderful memories. Also, YES, when Destati came on you could feel the entire room being blown away because it came after Dearly Beloved which is a very calming, bittersweet song.

That bit with Nobou Uematsu sounds amazing haha. Your welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed going through it and yes, I've been listening to the series soundtrack since yesterday. If I didn't have so many other games to play right now, I would totally replay the KH games.

Are you sure this isn't a Wrestling post?

tumblr_navxqugWg41tivkh4o6_250.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nier endings ABCDE finally done.

What a game, just outstanding. P5, or some other surprise, is going to have to put in real work to snatch my GOTY.

While there were no shortages of other surprises, I have no idea what possessed Peter to think he should spoil that moment.

I said yes.

Out of curiosity, how long did that take you?

I really hope people who are interested in Nier didn't hear that spoiler. I saw it myself without it being spoiled and found it pretty clever and touching. I cannot fathom why someone would spoil the literal last thing that happens in a game before it's even out on all platforms like it's nothing. super shitty.

oti

Banned
I really hope people who are interested in Nier didn't hear that spoiler. I saw it myself without it being spoiled and found it pretty clever and touching. I cannot fathom why someone would spoil the literal last thing that happens in a game before it's even out on all platforms like it's nothing. super shitty.

I stopped listening to the episode halfway because of it. No interest in dancing around a spoiler and it sounds completely pointless to spoil it to begin with. No idea why they (no idea who) did it. None.

Bacon

I stopped listening to the episode halfway because of it. No interest in dancing around a spoiler and it sounds completely pointless to spoil it to begin with. No idea why they (no idea who) did it. None.

It was marked in the show notes the exact time of the spoilers, you could have just skipped over it.

I'm glad to still be spoiler-free on it. I've been a week or two behind on podcasts for the last two months and got to see people's reactions to know to avoid it. Even then, I forgot about that being said and saw in the youtube comments that the actual time stamp to avoid it is in the extended description which I would have missed because it's... only visible in the extended description.

I feel like they should just have a separate podcast series to go more in-depth on the delicious spoilery core of some games. Zelda is a great example of this because 90% of just playing the game is this giant mechanical spoiler. Like, the whole game is centered around discovery--much like playing a puzzle game, learning how it works ruins the whole thing; in other words, you can't solve what you already know--and that's, like, the game. (And yeah, spoilers matter. I've heard how the duders tiptoe around spoiling Zelda for themselves, for example. I don't believe that's entirely for the audience's benefit.)

There's probably a deeper discussion to be had about games and whether they're either meant to be "consumed" or "explored." Like the concept of (mechanical) spoilers in a fighting or strategy game are pretty crazy, but in something like Dark Souls not knowing can be a fundamental part of the experience. BotW is another great example of the latter. (And again, huge props to Dan for totally getting this during the QL.)

I feel like they should just have a separate podcast series to go more in-depth on the delicious spoilery core of some games. Zelda is a great example of this because 90% of just playing the game is this giant mechanical spoiler. Like, the whole game is centered around discovery--much like playing a puzzle game, learning how it works ruins the whole thing; in other words, you can't solve what you already know--and that's, like, the game. (And yeah, spoilers matter. I've heard how the duders tiptoe around spoiling Zelda for themselves, for example. I don't believe that's entirely for the audience's benefit.)

There's probably a deeper discussion to be had about games and whether they're either meant to be "consumed" or "explored." Like the concept of (mechanical) spoilers in a fighting or strategy game are pretty crazy, but in something like Dark Souls not knowing can be a fundamental part of the experience. BotW is another great example of the latter. (And again, huge props to Dan for totally getting this during the QL.)

I mean, this is kinda what "Spoilercast" is? They seem to do it very rarely though. Last one was MGSV, I think.

I mean, this is kinda what "Spoilercast" is? They seem to do it very rarely though. Last one was MGSV, I think.

I mean something more general. But it just occurred to me that the end-of-year stuff basically doubles as a general spoilercast (at least for best story/best moment/etc.), so it seems GB has thought of everything. Makes more sense than micropodcasts too.

Nevermind!

I wish they did them more often. The issue is that they only really do them when enough of them finish the same game. As far as I know, only Dan has finished Breath of the Wild. Would be cool if they did something like what they wanted to do with Dark Souls II (this was Brad and Vinny) where every once in a while they could do a spoiler video/podcast as an update to show how far they got since the last time.

Top Bottom