• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Rf0T4.jpg

Meneses

I'm with Vinny on this one.

Everything about the end of Chapter 4 is great and super compelling except for the fact that we get a final gameplay bit that stretches out way too long and kills a bit of momentum.

One of the very few negative things about Yakuza.

faridmon

But I like fun and silly.

FF movies are way too silly to take them seriously and the writing is just poor

I wanna see 21 Jump Street guys take on FF. That should be fun.

Tubobutts

I like 2F2F because of how incredibly stupid it is. I've also only watched these movies with the F&40s commentary so that's probably part of it.

Kimaka

I hate all Fast and Furious movies.

I think they are shit.

They are fun to watch just to rip on them, but I wouldn't have watched any of them without gbeast talking over them. They're not good movies. The only one I've seen before film and 40s was Fast Five and I thought that was just okay because of the Rock.

faridmon

They are fun to watch just to rip on them, but I wouldn't have watched any of them without gbeast talking over them. They're not good movies. The only one I've seen before film and 40s was Fast Five and I thought that was just okay because of the Rock.

Oh Ok, That makes more sense. I have watched the first 3 and stopped because I just didn't enjoy it at all. Watched Fast 5 because a friend was crazy about it just before we went to watch Fast and Furious 7. Still didn't enjoy

couldn't stop thinking how is it possible for cars to parachute from planes like that

you're not supposed to take them seriously

I am trying but man...

On the other side I absolutely love them just on their own. They've built up an amazing franchise where I actually care about the characters despite the ridiculous stories they write for them from one dumb movie about street racing.

kai3345

Banned
On the other side I absolutely love them just on their own. They've built up an amazing franchise where I actually care about the characters despite the ridiculous stories they write for them from one dumb movie about street racing.

yeah, these movies are great even removed from the GBeast commentary

pizzacat

Banned
if you gotta turn your brain off for any type of media, its p awful. If somethings dumb, then its dumb but it doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. But nothing in the f&f movies besides its set pieces are dumb in a way where its entertaining.

you guys are gushing over a lets play of the gears of war series basically

if you gotta turn your brain off for any type of media, its p awful. If somethings dumb, then its dumb but it doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. But nothing in the f&f movies besides its set pieces are dumb in a way where its entertaining.

F&F isn't anywhere close to the self-serious nature of something like MARIAAA gears of war. there's a likable cast of diverse characters, and the series has shown that it isn't afraid to kill off major cast members. you don't have to turn off your brain to appreciate the sentiment of FAMILY or the money-on-the-screen spectacle of a great stunt, especially when they handle the actual real relationships of the actors themselves with the gravitas that they deserve (i.e. the proper send off of paul walker at the end of 7). it's a rather inoffensive series that is almost purely about having a good time. we're in the same thread where people talk about wrestling at length, i think we can get away with liking movies about people saving the world with their driving ability

I disagree. I know it more in relation to books, but my high school teacher called it "junk food books". When I read something like the Drizzt series i'm not going in looking for something deep and well written. I'm reading it because it's fun and I can turn off my brain and just enjoy the ride.

What i'm saying is Fast and Furious is the Drizzt of car movies.

Real Hero

If you turned your brain off F and F movies wouldn't be as funny as they are.

Lunar15

The Fast and the Furious movies are basically live-action american anime. It started as a show about a young man earning his way in the street racing crowd, turning his rivals into his teammates. Now, with the power of friendship (read: Family), his friends get increasingly more ridiculous superpowers as the scale keeps expanding to nonsensical levels.

kai3345

Banned
if the stunts were the ONLY thing that was good in the fast and furious series, I don't think people would enjoy them as much as they do.

It's the, as Dan put it, "accidentally genuinely likeable ensemble" of characters that people are enjoying and the unexpectedly ridiculous attention to detail with regards to the timeline and character relationships in a fucking series about racing cars that allowed these characters to come together and for the series to constantly evolve in interesting ways.

I really need to just sit down and finish Yakuza 0.

I got to the end of chapter 14 (?) ACTUAL SPOILERS
RIP tachibana
/SPOILERS and just havent had the time the last few days.

I want to finish the real estate and club management mini games too before rapping up the story and I think I am on the last grindy bits for both.

Wunder

They finally did the two things I've been waiting for.

one of the best endings for a chapter imo. Now they get to spend the next 20 episodes in real estate!

I really need to just sit down and finish Yakuza 0.

I got to the end of chapter 14 (?) ACTUAL SPOILERS
RIP tachibana
/SPOILERS and just havent had the time the last few days.

I want to finish the real estate and club management mini games too before rapping up the story and I think I am on the last grindy bits for both.

I'm glad I finished the real estate and cabaret stuff around 8/9. Most of the substories peter out around then too so I could literally just mainline the story missions right into my veins

ev0

Yeah, story wise by the time I got to Chapter 14, I couldnt NOT finish the story. I had to see what happened!

I had done most of the side stuff and real estate/cabaret before then though. I dunno if Beast has the time or patience to do those. Hope they do some

Wunder

Yeah, story wise by the time I got to Chapter 14, I couldnt NOT finish the story. I had to see what happened!

I had done most of the side stuff and real estate/cabaret before then though. I dunno if Beast has the time or patience to do those. Hope they do some

It's also best to do the substory/management games before too since later chapters have harder roaming enemies and sometimes are even packed in every fuckin' street, making it a real hassle to run around the city.

It's also best to do the substory/management games before too since later chapters have harder roaming enemies and sometimes are even packed in every fuckin' street, making it a real hassle to run around the city.

Yeah. I wish I just did that stuff earlier.

I have the Media king are to finish and its just a pain running back and forth and having guys with weapons on the streets to fight.

My fault but for me the real estate thing didnt really click with me until late game.

Wunder

Yeah. I wish I just did that stuff earlier.

I have the Media king are to finish and its just a pain running back and forth and having guys with weapons on the streets to fight.

My fault but for me the real estate thing didnt really click with me until late game.

Yeah it's not really your fault to be fair. It's paced pretty poorly and if you actually wanted to 100% them, you'd spend your time running back and forth between substory and real estate or just walk back and forth in the building waiting for more money to come in.

If Dan is going to Wrestlemania next week does that mean no F&F and/or BitE?

Mupod

They finally did the two things I've been waiting for.

Haven't watched it yet. I'll take a stab at guessing.

Breaker style
and
erotic videos
?

I was surprised that they managed to stumble into most of the Majima sidequests I really liked, although they're not done with Doll Girl yet and it has a great ending. But yeah, looking forward to them doing the next story stuff.

I wish they weren't so scared shitless of Mr. Shakedown because their storylines are hilarious. The snot gun alone could have taken him out if they hadn't wasted it on GOONS.

Top Bottom