• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

That Dark Souls video was the best.

dark_souls_by_alo81-d6nrmmw.gif

Yup, and this moment was just perfect. Could actually also become a new "GTFO" gif.

my favorite part of listening to the bombcast at work is blaring it over the speakers while im the only one in the office and as soon as my 60 something year old boss walks in without fail jeff yells MOTHERFUCKER

Dark Souls thingy was alright.

I feel like it'd be a better Breaking Brad game with Vinny on cheer squad, but the game's so colossal that I can't imagine them wanting to put themselves through such an endeavor.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dark Souls thingy was alright.

I feel like it'd be a better Breaking Brad game with Vinny on cheer squad, but the game's so colossal that I can't imagine them wanting to put themselves through such an endeavor.

You really want to hear Brad whine about it for two hours? Vinny kept positive throughout and you could tell he was still enjoying it.

komplanen

Dark Souls video was amazing but I felt like the true stars (Vinny and Dark Souls) were being strangled slowly by annoying back seat gaming from Ian and Rorie and Rorie's terrible habit of saying shit as facts that get shot down literally before he finishes the sentence. He's worse than Brad at that which is saying a lot.

Lucky me. My premium membership ended about a hour after the dark souls stream.

If it ended the day before a Vinny dark souls stream would have got me to instantly resub.

popo

huh, did anyone mention that they plan to play that Pathfinder D&D game a week Thursday (special guest Mr D Snider).

Also, the 800k archive of that Dark Souls stream is 666mb. I take it as a sign.

I really like Rorie on the podcast. He has a lot to contribute. Especially about genres and games the others are not into.

I like Drew too but doesn't add much to most discussion. Mostly because he doesn't play much outside of sims. He does bring a different perspective to the discussion at times.

But if I had to pick one regular it would be Rorie.

popo

I'd prefer if it's someone who didn't know anything at all like brad or jeff.

The problem is that these streams only really work if the person wants to play the game. I think that is (one reason at least) why they are down on ER, because if they get bored or don't take to the game, they know they are stuck doing it every day. Brad might be willing to give it a shot but I think Jeff has made his mind up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I honestly think brad and rorie would make better partners than Ian and Rorie. Rorie can bring that knowledge (though it's going to be pretty limited post lordvessel from what I've seen) and brad is pretty good at engaging vinny with conversation and questions when vinny is driving. Better than having two guys sitting at the back going "Oh, ah, yeah you can do that, ya know something might happen there..." or just straight up spoiling some moments. The beauty of dark souls is the discovery after all.

sixghost

I honestly think brad and rorie would make better partners than Ian and Rorie. Rorie can bring that knowledge (though it's going to be pretty limited post lordvessel from what I've seen) and brad is pretty good at engaging vinny with conversation and questions when vinny is driving. Better than having two guys sitting at the back going "Oh, ah, yeah you can do that, ya know something might happen there..." or just straight up spoiling some moments. The beauty of dark souls is the discovery after all.

The same thing happened when Idle Thumbs streamed Dark Souls. They had a guy there that basically just told Chris what to do every second.

Xater

huh, did anyone mention that they plan to play that Pathfinder D&D game a week Thursday (special guest Mr D Snider).

Also, the 800k archive of that Dark Souls stream is 666mb. I take it as a sign.

Yeah pretty excited about the Pathfinder session finally happening.

K.Sabot

"Gran Turismo is no Forza" - Jeff Gerstmann 2013

I spit up my drink when I heard that on Jar time.

Also the context of that quote is in terms of popularity, and not quality if you consider his previous comparisons. (Killzone is no Halo, etc.)

hamchan

The same thing happened when Idle Thumbs streamed Dark Souls. They had a guy there that basically just told Chris what to do every second.

I felt Ian and Rorie did a good job avoiding this. They took the training wheels off after half an hour and let Vinny do whatever. They only told him where the bonfires were to save some frustration for Vinny and probably the viewers too.

eot

Banned
If Vinny's going to finish Dark Souls on camera (I kinda doubt it) I wish he'd get the DLC and do that too.

Mesoian

Jeff sounds kinda tired in Jar Time.

I hope he has a good vacation.

Also: I love that Jeff has Tommy February 6 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom