• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Jeff has said that, despite what everyone is implying in this thread, the site is actually growing in popularity and subscription numbers are increasing.

To do what you propose would involve a massive amount of engineering work. Why pay for all that when you're already on an upward trajectory?

Seriously, people. It's ok to be less enthused about the site, but for whatever reason it seems like everyone is always convinced the site is dying despite the fact that every single time the real numbers of the site are discussed by those who know them they say that the site is doing better than ever.
Some growth is no excuse to stop trying. They'll probably get the preview feature when Gamespot gets their subscription service back (assuming that's still happening - it was one of the reasons CBSi bought GB).

Also, you're doing that thing where you're making out everyone is on the crazy train because one or two people went full-on sky is falling mode; the rest are simply saying that GB needs to do a better job at selling their goods. You don't need an MBA to see that their free video content and their Youtube channel does a poor job promoting the excellent subscription content. Why do you think every forth WM Happy Hour was free? Having some form of preview is standard when creating a sub service.

GB/CBSi are probably well aware of this, but like most conglomerates, they're slow as fuck doing anything.

Finally watched Friday's morning show cringing in anticipation for the section about danganronpa because I really like the game.

After hearing it wtf were you people crying about? Patrick if anything was over the top in his praise for the game. Yes truth bullets are dumb as shit. The reaction to his 95% praise on here is batshit crazy.

If something as simple as calling truth bullets dumb/silly sends you into such a hissy fit maybe stop playing video games and see a therapist about your rage issues. 100% serious.
Because of Patrick's ridiculous description of the game, I'll probably buy it next time I have to travel. Anime fans are insanely defensive.

FluxWaveZ

Finally watched Friday's morning show cringing in anticipation for the section about danganronpa because I really like the game.

After hearing it wtf were you people crying about? Patrick if anything was over the top in his praise for the game. Yes truth bullets are dumb as shit. The reaction to his 95% praise on here is batshit crazy.

If something as simple as calling truth bullets dumb/silly sends you into such a hissy fit maybe stop playing video games and see a therapist about your rage issues. 100% serious.

It offended me deeply when he called it "Dopenronga."

LuchaShaq

Banned
Because of Patrick's ridiculous description of the game, I'll probably buy it next time I have to travel. Anime fans are insanely defensive.

You'd think people that are fans of giantbomb, aka fans of good dumb, wouldn't throw a hissy fit when a small feature of a game is called dumb.

I'm watching the latest Breaking Brad, and when Brad said that you wouldn't want to have the volume at 33 when you could have it at 32 or 34, I checked my volume and indeed, it was at 33. Fuck Brad.
You'd think people that are fans of giantbomb, aka fans of good dumb, wouldn't throw a hissy fit when a small feature of a game is called dumb.
Yeah, that's just dumb.

I'm watching the latest Breaking Brad, and when Brad said that you wouldn't want to have the volume at 33 when you could have it at 32 or 34, I checked my volume and indeed, it was at 33. Fuck Brad.
In college I had an ocd roommate and I would intentionally leave all the volumes on everything on odd numbers.

popo

Alex getting shit over his SP review on twitter. Hilarity of someone giving him shit for not condemning gender and racial stereotypes and then calling him out as a "straight white male".

Drew and Danny's F1 podcast is a go, around mid-March on the Premium feeds:
Alt+F1

Says it is also available for free on the site. Not sure if that is just streaming or also includes direct downloads.

Speaking of Danny, looks like The Lobby is starting up shortly. I just finished the first episode and the difference in production values is insane.

In college I had an ocd roommate and I would intentionally leave all the volumes on everything on odd numbers.

I once dated a girl who would only adjust the volume by factors of 5. So it was either 25 or 30, 30 or 35, etc.

To this day I do not know what vile things reside in her soul nor do I care to learn much about them.

E92 M3

I did like the "home-y" feel of the Nexus. It's ripe for evolution. Firelink Shrine was kind of like that I suppose, but the thing that makes the Nexus work is that you're forced to go back to it over and over again so you see the changes, not to mention it's where most of the services resides.

However, I really don't like how the stages are named x-1, x-2, x-3, x-4 because it implies a linear progression and little backtracking (the only backtracking that I remember is Doran, Biorr, Yuria and Rydell). On top of that, by laying out all the levels, it becomes very hard to "hide" levels like Ash Lake and The Painted World, and I love that kind of shit.

I think Firelink shrine feels a lot homier than the Nexus - love to just chill there.

Patryn

Alex getting shit over his SP review on twitter. Hilarity of someone giving him shit for not condemning gender and racial stereotypes and then calling him out as a "straight white male".

Have these people ever watched South Park? Also, wow at a person wanting an apology for Alex giving the game a good review (if I'm reading the conversation correctly).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
"That's problematic" is the new "that's racist".

Have these people ever watched South Park? Also, wow at a person wanting an apology for Alex giving the game a good review (if I'm reading the conversation correctly).

Apparently that person hates South Park and hates that Alex likes it and gave it a 5 star review because they find South Park offensive

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The BB going on right now is some of the best stuff they have ever done.
I feel like I'm committing heresy by saying this, but I'm pretty tired of watching people stream Souls games. Then again, this has to be the last one for GB.....right?

Kerned

Banned
I feel like I'm committing heresy by saying this, but I'm pretty tired of watching people stream Souls games. Then again, this has to be the last one for GB.....right?

I imagine so. There will probably be a Quick Look of DS2 with Brad and Vinny, and then there will be some podcast discussion. I can't imagine there will be an ongoing stream of it though because everyone who intends to play it is going to want to play it on their own terms.

But who knows, maybe hell will freeze over and Jeff will start a daily Dark Souls 2 endurance run.
The entire universe will freeze over before that happens.

I once dated a girl who would only adjust the volume by factors of 5. So it was either 25 or 30, 30 or 35, etc.

To this day I do not know what vile things reside in her soul nor do I care to learn much about them.

I used to do this on my old car. My current car does not have a numerical representation of volume, just a row of bars. I like to keep an even number of bars at all times.

MG310

Things are shaping up nicely for Brad to have a final showdown with the Potato Marshal when
the Old Monk summons him in 3-3

popo

Drew 2.0 is available in a variety of models and colours. Call in to your local VinnCo showroom and test drive one today!

Giantbomb needs to get out of that SF office. I imagine they spend most of their time there in HR meetings about how not to flush pies down toilets.

Really though. Just have afternoons open with the cameras/consoles/pc capture kits set up before lunch, call it something funny like Puppy Chat. BOOM, Giant Bomb happens.

I hate meeting fetishists in corporate culture.

It's one hundred percent distilled Japanese Absurdism, the old way of doing things, like how Nippon Ichi USED to be, and he called it what it was. Scoops has put that Gen 7 phase behind him with his new omnivorous gaming this last year, and Alex went along with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The discussion about Danganronpa is still weird, because they compare it to South Park.

If people expect South Park to have crude jokes and you can be okay with it, why wouldn't you expect anime games to have anime-isms?

Dany

Banned
Wait, did I miss something?

Is Brad leaving or is it just a sarcastic joke?

Proof.

ibrsjzPUCjVSGN.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom