• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
cvXwZ0Z.jpg

i'm not going to let this pass without giving my explicit approval

by which i mean i really really approve

Myggen

Yeah, it being common doesn't mean it's reasonable. People are free to do as they like, and their "fans" need to get the fuck over that fact.

But you can still disagree, and that's all some people here are doing. As SlowRevolution said, you can be disappointed by something like this without starting to hate the person.

f0rk

I'm surprised TB would even invite anyone from the traditional games websites on his show, he's got the worlds biggest chip on his shoulder about how people haven't taken youtubers as seriously in the past

Looking at his twitter he clearly still has it

I don't think any here "hates" Danny, and I doubt many other fans will "hate" him because of this. But it's normal for people to not want someone they respect to go on a show with someone who have opinions they hate, see all the debates about whether scientists should debate global warming deniers or creationists.

What? So when Bill Nye did the debate with that creationist last year, we should have not wanted to see that? So just because TB says one thing, we shouldn't see Danny or anyone else we like talk with him ever again? That's a bit drastic and childish.

I still think Danny is a good guy. Notice how I have only referred to his specific actions and attitudes right now in a negative light.

I don't judge a book by the page I last read, but it's sure as hell the thing that leaves the most current impression on me

So his actions are attitudes are that he's indifferent towards TB, still hates GG, but you think it's negative Danny isn't all about repping that GG hate? Should he go out guns a-blazing, questioning TB on why he supports GG? Is that what you really want? They just can't have a normal conversation about games?

But you can still disagree, and that's all some people here are doing. As SlowRevolution said, you can be disappointed by something like this without starting to hate the person.

So...you disagree with Danny talking with TB?

I'm free to criticise someone I'm disappointed with. People need to deal.

You're criticizing Danny, because again, he's choosing to talk with TB? I don't think that's something to be criticized for. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, but that's not what's happening here. People are acting like Danny is tainting himself by even hearing TB's voice coming at him.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Apparently, despite me not looking anymore, GG is still a thing, huh? Sucks.

Excited for Demo Derby. It's a good week for subscribers.

Wow life is strange is getting good reviews

That's good to hear. I'll probably pick it up once all episodes are released if it's good.

Anjin M

i'm not going to let this pass without giving my explicit approval

by which i mean i really really approve
Now I want to next Bombcast thread to feature the duders with bananas for arms.

Does anyone have links to Giantbomb folks on tumblr? I want to follow them

Instead of copying and pasting a bunch of links, I'll direct you to the sidebar on the Giant Bomb reddit. They keep links to all of the duder's social media outlets.

Myggen

What? So when Bill Nye did the debate with that creationist last year, we should have not wanted to see that? So just because TB says one thing, we shouldn't see Danny or anyone else we like talk with him ever again? That's a bit drastic and childish.

Yes, I think there's a good argument to be made against Bill Nye debating that creationist last year. Creationists will not be persuaded by scientific evidence or Nye's arguments, so what's the point of "winning" a debate like that other than seeming to give the creationist argument some legitimacy by actually debating it? Same with GG, you're not going to persuade anyone still banging that shitty drum that GG is about harassment, so why try?

Again, I don't think Nye debating some creationist is a big deal, nor do I think Danny going on TB's show is a very big deal. But I think it's absolutely pointless, and possibly counter-productive. But Danny is free to do as he wants and I don't think any less of him for going on some asshole's Youtube channel.

What? So when Bill Nye did the debate with that creationist last year, we should have not wanted to see that?

well kind of yea

it was sort of a waste of everyones time and made more people hear of ken ham than before

bill nye's field is pretty outside of evolution as well (bachelors in engineering and thats about it)

bill sort of just got taken along for a giant commercial for a creationism museum

So his actions are attitudes are that he's indifferent towards TB, still hates GG, but you think it's negative Danny isn't all about repping that GG hate? Should he go out guns a-blazing, questioning TB on why he supports GG? Is that what you really want? They just can't have a normal conversation about games?

Yes to all of your questions.

You're criticizing Danny, because again, he's choosing to talk with TB? I don't think that's something to be criticized for. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's fine. You're not wrong, that's just your view on the matter. My view is, yes, that is something I feel I have to criticise.

Zaph

I want Patrick and Jason S to do a podcast about this podcast.

He should steal that idea. Does Tricky even come around here anymore? Or are we just that embarrassing ex you see at sainsburys and quickly go to the checkout only to get the slowest cashier who wants to make small talk while you're dreading that inevitable tap on the shoulder.

Fantastapotamus

What show are you talking about?

He should steal that idea. Does Tricky even come around here anymore? Or are we just that embarrassing ex you see at sainsburys and quickly go to the checkout only to get the slowest cashier who wants to make small talk while you're dreading that inevitable tap on the shoulder.

He hangs mostly in the Official Kotaku thread here.

lol as the kids say

I hope you like the Scottish :(

I liked Braveheart, does that count?

Yes, I think there's a good argument to be made against Bill Nye debating that creationist last year. Creationists will not be persuaded by scientific evidence or Nye's arguments, so what's the point of "winning" a debate like that other than seeming to give the creationist argument some legitimacy by actually debating it?

Again, I don't think Nye debating some creationist is a big deal, nor do I think Danny going on TB's show is a very big deal. But I think it's absolutely pointless, and possibly counter-productive.

Ok, how is it counter productive? If Bill Nye got through to just 1 person watching, if someone was educated on the argument he was using, do you think it was counter productive? I don't. Sure Hammy was living it up, but the only reason people watched was to see Bill Nye talk. And well you got those people who wanted to watch Ken talk. But I don't think it was counter productive. I don't think Bill Nye is 'tainted' and I sure as hell wouldn't say that the act of him showing up to debate can be criticized. Maybe his argument can be criticized, the way he said things, but just the act of having the debate shouldn't be criticized.

well kind of yea

it was sort of a waste of everyones time and made more people hear of ken ham than before

bill nye's field is pretty outside of evolution as well (bachelors in engineering and thats about it)

I feel that people will remember Bill Nye over Ken. honestly, until I brought it up, I couldn't even remember the creationist guys name, and I'm indifferent towards Bill Nye.

Yes to all of your questions.

That's fine. You're not wrong, that's just your view on the matter. My view is, yes, that is something I feel I have to criticise.

This is just something I don't understand. It's like...I'm trying to pull up moments where I felt like that towards something, and all I can pull up are times I was jealous an ex-GF would talk to other guys alot when we would be currently dating. That's the only time I've ever felt that someone else shouldn't talk to someone(And even then, in my case my ex would talk alot to this particular person to the point of cancelling plans.) That's the only way I can see where you're coming from.

Wunder

that's why you self-checkout.

although sainsburys does has some of the shittiest machines so maybe that's a poor idea.

Ok, how is it counter productive? If Bill Nye got through to just 1 person watching, if someone was educated on the argument he was using, do you think it was counter productive? I don't. Sure Hammy was living it up, but the only reason people watched was to see Bill Nye talk. And well you got those people who wanted to watch Ken talk. But I don't think it was counter productive. I don't think Bill Nye is 'tainted' and I sure as hell wouldn't say that the act of him showing up to debate can be criticized. Maybe his argument can be criticized, the way he said things, but just the act of having the debate shouldn't be criticized.

I feel that people will remember Bill Nye over Ken. honestly, until I brought it up, I couldn't even remember the creationist guys name, and I'm indifferent towards Bill Nye.
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-35743340.html

On February 27, 2014, Ham announced that the publicity the debate generated for AiG had spurred fundraising for its stalled Ark Encounter project, allowing the first phase of construction – a 510-foot (160 m) reconstruction of Noah's Ark estimated to cost $73 million – to begin.

I'd say it had a net negative.

Myggen

I never said that either Danny or Nye were "tainted" for talking to the other side, because I don't believe they are/were. It's impossible to prove either way, but I doubt anyone who believes in creationism were convinced by Nye's arguments because the whole point of creationism is to disregard every scientific evidence and trust a 2000 year old book. It's "counter-productive" in that well-regarded people debating your kooky ideas will give your kooky ideas some legitimacy: "How can we be that bad when the science guy wanted to debate us?". It did also give that creationist a lot more publicity than he would've gotten otherwise, see Steve's post.

But I'll leave it at that, we should probably move on.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Let him build his little toys. Or big toy in this case. i wanna see the story that says 'Little girl takes interest to science and becomes athiest after watching debate'.

I'd completely agree. Not to mention that it's a bad example to use in the first place to say people shouldn't react like this to Danny, seeing as though the debate is described on Wikipedia thusly:

Touche. But unless they talk about GG in the podcast(I believe they're doing a cooptional?), thats when we should start criticizing what is said.

Zaph

that's why you self-checkout.

although sainsburys does has some of the shittiest machines so maybe that's a poor idea.
The built in scales on those machines are garbage and always require assistance. Then some 12 year old woddles over and ID's me for the bottle of wine in my basket. Whole thing's an ordeal.

The Waitrose machines are way better and dont weigh your bag. I do all my shopping there now.
tU5o5CY.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Since we are talking about Britain, is there a difference between "Shit" and "Shite" except sounding way more polite?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Since we are talking about Britain, is there a difference between "Shit" and "Shite" except sounding way more polite?

Good question. What about ass and arse? I used to think arse was just a hilarious adorable accent thing, but then I saw it written out and now I don't know anything about life.

I think we've probably exhausted THAT topic, anyway

Good question. What about ass and arse? I used to think arse was just a hilarious adorable accent thing, but then I saw it written out and now I don't know anything about life.

Shite's pretty much just for flavour. Arse is our way of saying "ass", but I type out "ass" a lot because hooooy Americanisation!

Zaph

Shit is the American version, shite is the British. At least that's what American and British TV has teached me.

Shite is the predominantly Irish variation. Most English people say shit.

Arse on the other hand is almost always used throughout the UK. Ass sounds stupid in our accent.

Wunder

The built in scales on those machines are garbage and always require assistance. Then some 12 year old woddles over and ID's me for the bottle of wine in my basket. Whole thing's an ordeal.

The Waitrose machines are way better and dont weigh your bag. I do all my shopping there now.
tU5o5CY.jpg

yeah but waitrose is expensive m8

popo

Yeah, you might be correct there. I do sometimes get ads on GB's YT channel, but it feels like it's extremely rare.

I am not sure how they (youtube) select which videos get ads. I imagine it is somewhat targeted to content and region. Euros often get to skip a lot of advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom