• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebetite

Banned
It kind of blows me away that people could ever doubt the hustle of any of the OG Bombers. They started in a goddamn basement, the site is their baby. If they weren't slacking when they were working out of said basement, they're not gonna start slacking after they've become accountable to a major media corporation.

That's kind of always how it is, though. Someone's job always looks easier from the outside. I just did some time as a temp worker (temp, in this case, meaning five years) at an auto factory. Everyone inside the factory (including anyone in management who ever had to deal with me) admired my work ethic-- considered me the most dependable, competent and hard-working temp worker on staff. Everyone outside the factory assumed I just sat my ass on a forklift all day and played around on my phone. They'd give anything to be in my position, but I'd have given anything to be in theirs.

Every week, management would come up with some new harebrained safety policy that wasn't actually safer, but made my job harder. They'd randomly add new parts deliveries to jobs so they could eliminate other ones, without actually doing the necessary simulation or testing to see if it was even mathematically possible to keep up with all of the parts (it usually wasn't). If you stopped production because you couldn't keep up with the job that nobody had bothered to simulate or test, it was still your ass. Any time you had an extra couple of minutes, it was routine to help out your coworkers to keep them on schedule as well. Keeping track of and working through all of their stupid decisions within our department was a full-time job in and of itself. That's the shit nobody ever heard about.

Some office gig somewhere in which I don't have to put up with hellish alternating-shift hours, the lingering threat of accidental manslaughter by powered industrial vehicle, criminal mismanagement, the dehumanizing effect of factory work and the ever-looming threat of plant closure seems like a dream job compared to that. I know, however, that as soon as I started I'd begin finding other problems that dramatically complicate and sour my work experience. Then I'd start feeling vaguely jealous of all those cushy auto-workers.

Megasoum

Banned
That is one great picture lol

2729954-2015-02-26+15.42.5055.jpg

Speaking of Rocky IV (and by extension Dolph Lundgren), this shit is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtatY7bOUY
This would be the one and only time I would ever watch that again.

Sorry Dan, T3 is pants. One kind-of okay-ish sequence doesn't redeem it. A scene that would be a DVD extra in the first two films.

I've always liked T3. Not as a sequel to the first two movies, but as a fun action movie. And there's like at least three great sequences in that movie (the coffin scene, the firetruck scene and "Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.")

Frith

I think its fine to ask questions although I kinda feel we know all this already none of that is a surprise to me. fun on the internet is work.

just encase hes still about i will say i miss vinny on a podcast so fucking much and when that shit happens i will be overjoyed!

Speaking of Rocky IV (and by extension Dolph Lundgren), this shit is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtatY7bOUY

I've always liked T3. Not as a sequel to the first two movies, but as a fun action movie. And there's like at least three great sequences in that movie (the coffin scene, the firetruck scene and "Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.")
Arnold has a whole back (and front) catalogue of genuinely fun popcorn-fodder that I'd spend 90 minutes on over T3!

From the Elton John bit onwards, it just feels like they've done a '_____ Movie' spoof without the jokes.

Even Jingle All The Way is more fun!

Arnold has a whole back (and front) catalogue of genuinely fun popcorn-fodder that I'd spend 90 minutes on over T3!

From the Elton John bit onwards, it just feels like they've done a '_____ Movie' spoof without the jokes.

Even Jingle All The Way is more fun!

Well yeah, I could spend my entire life watching nothing but Commando, but that's not really the point.

I watch Jingle All The Way every Christmas. Though I'll admit that it's mostly for ironic reasons.
Samantha's going to be on UPF tonight, woo!
Cool!

Why is the game called Mortal Kombat X when it's just a bunch of MK dudes fighting one another? It made sense with Street Fighter X Tekken because it was one set of dudes fighting another set of dudes.

But this? I'm just wondering if they're hiding half of the roster because they think they're tricksters or something. Otherwise, it should be called Mortal Kombat X Mortal Kombat or else it's going to confuse a lot of potential customers.

Why is the game called Mortal Kombat X when it's just a bunch of MK dudes fighting one another? It made sense with Street Fighter X Tekken because it was one set of dudes fighting another set of dudes.

But this? I'm just wondering if they're hiding half of the roster because they think they're tricksters or something. Otherwise, it should be called Mortal Kombat X Mortal Kombat or else it's going to confuse a lot of potential customers.

Umr63Kx.gif

komplanen

I feel bad for being weekend gaf ;-( Sorry guys, sorry Vinny and Alex :-(

Will I ever be accepted back into the group that looks down on weekend gaf? I fell so hard, I fell so deep. It will be a long climb back up but I will give it my best.

Bacon

Will I ever be accepted back into the group that looks down on weekend gaf? I fell so hard, I fell so deep. It will be a long climb back up but I will give it my best.

You're fine dude. Vinny took your comments in stride, people in this thread were the ones who got upset.

Zaph

We have all fallen to the weekend sickness at some point.

LiK

lol, if Vinny is fine with it, you shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the breakdown Vinny. That was a good read.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Lelcar

this post made me laugh. you're cool, dude.

Megasoum

Banned
Holy shit, one of the guy in the Trivial Pursuit's credits is my boss now...

Time to send some funny emails around the company with attached screenshots!

Peace. No animosity intended.

For some reason this sort of sendoff always makes me feel the opposite.

Peace. No animosity intended.

Some office gig somewhere in which I don't have to put up with hellish alternating-shift hours, the lingering threat of accidental manslaughter by powered industrial vehicle, criminal mismanagement, the dehumanizing effect of factory work and the ever-looming threat of plant closure seems like a dream job compared to that. I know, however, that as soon as I started I'd begin finding other problems that dramatically complicate and sour my work experience. Then I'd start feeling vaguely jealous of all those cushy auto-workers.

Your whole post is great, but this seems particularly wise. Wewt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom