• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

KingKong

I fully believe Star Citizen will come out and it will even have the features they promised, it will just be really buggy and extremey poorly unoptimized and none of the features except the flying will be good

Aselith

I fully believe Star Citizen will come out and it will even have the features they promised, it will just be really buggy and extremey poorly unoptimized and none of the features except the flying will be good

Yeah, that seems pretty likely. Hopefully the other stuff will be good enough at least though.

Buggy and poor optimization are pretty much guaranteed though.

Watching that Gamescom presentation now and these gamplay actors are so wooden lol

They expected nothing from PUGB, whereas they expected Mario + Rabbids to be a dogshit mini-game collection.

It's... very much not that.

it had mario in the title, so they were always going to play it
pubg came out of nowhere
would have never seen them playing/liking a game that came from an arma 3 mod

Curufinwe

The logic is that Dan reviewed Uncharted 4. Different reviewers have different tastes. Had Dan reviewed TLL, it might've earned a 5. Or maybe not. Tastes do change over time.

Instead of reviewing TLL, Dan had to review Agents of Mayhem. Poor guy.

Two stars if Jeff reviewed it, or TLoU.

Megasoum

Banned
Well I just traded my og launch PS4 for a PS4 Pro for a grand total of 98$ CAN dollars lmao....

One of the perks of working in the game industry is that I get a bunch of games for free.... I had a stack of games to trade and turns out that most of them were worth 40$ haha.

If PUBG doesn't make it into GOTY consideration it's gonna be a lock for Best Surprise.

I think I'm about 2/3 through Zero Time Dilemma in my ongoing plunge into a VN black hole. If things are building toward what I think they are I don't think I'll be thrilled by how it wraps up, but even so, I'm having a pretty good time. It started out wonky with the intentionally hard to follow timeline, but once it starts to pull the threads together it's still engaging in that pretty unique Zero Escape way.

Curufinwe

Well I just traded my og launch PS4 for a PS4 Pro for a grand total of 98$ CAN dollars lmao....

One of the perks of working in the game industry is that I get a bunch of games for free.... I had a stack of games to trade and turns out that most of them were worth 40$ haha.

I sold my PS4 to a co-worker for $120 which was the trade in value at Best Buy back in May.

Megasoum

Banned
Re-watching old content these days..... They should make another GB Makes Mario video...

Like, not a whole series but a one of... Actually a GBEast version of the video would be great.

oti

Banned
Re-watching old content these days..... They should make another GB Makes Mario video...

Like, not a whole series but a one of... Actually a GBEast version of the video would be great.

Either that or a Steal My Sunshine kind of deal with community created levels was my idea. Without puzzle levels though.

Curufinwe

Maybe. Jeff did give LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 2, and Horizon: Zero Dawn all 5 star reviews, so he doesn't hate all Sony-published exclusives ;p

Jeff doesn't like the shooting in the ND games so considering all the shooting involved, two or three stars would be a fair summation of his opinion of them. Same thing if he had reviewed Red Dead Redemption, or RE4 for Gamespot back in the day. It's not related to the publisher.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure it's just my won personal viewpoint because I bounced off it but I feel like Splatoon 1 had a really long time that I knew people around here and other places talking about it

where as I feel like I haven't heard anyone I know talking about Splatoon 2 outside of the OT on here after the first week

robotrock

Banned
I'm sure it's just my won personal viewpoint because I bounced off it but I feel like Splatoon 1 had a really long time that I knew people around here and other places talking about it

where as I feel like I haven't heard anyone I know talking about Splatoon 2 outside of the OT on here after the first week

I imagine this is because Splatoon was new, and Splatoon 2 is now just more of the same.

With the other games coming out soon, you won't hear about it ever again aside from updates and DLC. Guaranteed.

Ashby

I did the thing with Splatoon 1 where you don't think you're gonna be that interested in a game and then it's a couple days from release and you get hype for it and buy it at full price then never play it again after less than a week. I did the same thing with Splatoon 2.

oti

Banned
The Death Note movie is one of the most beautiful trainwrecks I have ever seen.
It feels like someone who absolutely hated the comic decided to make a movie in order to kill Death Note.

kiguel182

Went to the internet to solve a Zelda thing. On one hand I feel bad but also I hate the riddles and didn't feel like banging my head against the wall so whatever.

TraBuch

Banned
The Death Note movie is one of the most beautiful trainwrecks I have ever seen.
It feels like someone who absolutely hated the comic decided to make a movie in order to kill Death Note.
I actually like the movie more than the anime. I found the movie to be really dumb fun. I found the anime to be boring as shit.

oti

Banned
I actually like the movie more than the anime. I found the movie to be really dumb fun. I found the anime to be boring as shit.
I've only read the comic and loved it. If find this movie very entertaining in a "lolwhat" kind of way. The pacing is good too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I've spent way more time with another cute multiplayer game
gigantic-pakko.jpg

i started prey on hard
and the things jump scared me a few times
then i got the shotty with some upgrades and now i feel good, maxed out sens and jumping all around

With the other games coming out soon, you won't hear about it ever again aside from updates and DLC. Guaranteed.

That sounds about right.

There's just far too many games this year. The only game that has had any semblance of staying power is PUBG.

The bad thing about this isn't that PUBG would win GOTY (even though I don't like it but that's not the point of GB GOTY). It's that the deliberations will be super boring.

you and I both know that the real fight is who gets 2nd best

The bad thing about this isn't that PUBG would win GOTY (even though I don't like it but that's not the point of GB GOTY). It's that the deliberations will be super boring.

don't worry I'm sure there will be plenty of debate about whether or not Zelda deserves the number two spot

but GB GOTY time is one of the best times of the year
How are the Japanese live action DN movies thought of? That's the only version I've seen.

Never seen them but if we were to see the reception of other live action films based on anime/manga then it's probably regular ol'ass shlock. There are things that are not meant to be made into live action and that's that.

BTA

Yeah I feel like this is gonna be the problem.

I'm totally fine with PUBG charting or winning (I've had some great times with it even though I haven't played a ton) but it's gonna be disappointing if discussions focus too much around it/relative to it vs discussing the other rad games that come out this year.

Top Bottom