• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Catvoca

Banned
Man that scene with Leonard, some rando, telling his fridge dream story just completely destroys me. The audacity to hang such a pivotal scene on a guest character played by a relative unknown, and it actually WORKS. Show's too good, it's unfair to other shows. Have you seen The Leftovers? I think you might like it. Halt and Catch Fire, in its final season now, is also getting eerily close to Mad Men levels of greatness.

If I'm ever in the mood of a good cry I just watch that Leonard scene.

I watched the first two episodes of The Leftovers and keep meaning to go back to it because of the critical praise. Haven't watched Half and Catch Fire but i've heard good things. I keep getting in this spiral were I just rewatch shows I already love like Mad Men and The Sopranos instead of checking out new stuff, it's a problem!

Shaders being consumables now is just a real head-scratcher. i remember some shaders being really cool because they dropped in a raid or something. What a stupid regression

LiK

Are there not exotic "sets"? Or like, an exotic helmet doesn't have like a chest counterpart?

There are but you can never equip them all at the same time. You can also only equip one exotic weapon.

There are sets for drops in raids tho and they're usually pretty powerful gear compared to the normal sets.

DO IT.gif

do it and be part of the meme

I'm desperately trying to come up with a Mac-Knack joke but I'm not funny enough.

giphy.gif

DID BLITZ REALLY BUY THE KNACK COMBO? TUNE IN NEXT TIME ON GBGAF OT 32

xuchu

I read in the OT that people were brought to tears by the damn story, comparing it to TLOU in terms of writing and feels.

But then I see this quicklook. Is it just wildly inconsistent or what?

Yeah, it's stupid. It's far better than destiny 1 in simply having story but it's just serviceable and nothing special. Don't know how people are moved to tears.

There are but you can never equip them all at the same time. You can also only equip one exotic weapon.

There are sets for drops in raids tho and they're usually pretty powerful gear compared to the normal sets.

Hm ok. That seems odd, but I understand not wanting people to always use full exotic loadouts.

LiK

Hm ok. That seems odd, but I understand not wanting people to always use full exotic loadouts.

I had hoped there was a mode or a event where we could equip them all for fun but they never did that. Would be nice to just see what they look like with all exotic pieces in a set worn together without the need to photoshop.

It's really surprising to me that they don't have gear set bonuses like pretty much every other loot-oriented game seems to.

They do for Raid sets. I think I read this game has more set bonuses for regular sets as well.

Yeah, it's stupid. It's far better than destiny 1 in simply having story but it's just serviceable and nothing special. Don't know how people are moved to tears.
Bungie never wrote anything that moved me to tears. Except for ODST and that was not because of the writing but the sweet, sweet melancholy jazzy tunes of godly Marty. While Halo 4 is not my favorite Halo game, I do love the sense of urgency that game has and how it was wrapped around Cortana going nuts.

Sadly, they ruined that all with Halo 5. I love the insane ending but man... they could have done so much more.

I had hoped there was a mode or a event where we could equip them all for fun but they never did that. Would be nice to just see what they look like with all exotic pieces in a set worn together without the need to photoshop.

It's really surprising to me that they don't have gear set bonuses like pretty much every other loot-oriented game seems to.

Seems weird to have the exotics in sets at all. Just have them all one-offs and don't worry about making them "match".

Shaders being consumables now is just a real head-scratcher. i remember some shaders being really cool because they dropped in a raid or something. What a stupid regression

I'm assuming it's a move to get people to buy microtransations.

The weapon system is shit now too. Kinetic/Energy does nothing but limit the kind of guns your shooting whilst I'd guess is to make PvP balance easier.

I'm assuming it's a move to get people to buy microtransations.

The weapon system is shit now too. Kinetic/Energy does nothing but limit the kind of guns your shooting whilst I'd guess is to make PvP balance easier.

Oh for sure. But it still sucks! It's gonna make me not want to use them at all. I also dislike the change to the weapon system on paper. I hate PVP balance messing with single-player game design.

Hasney

Worst thing about the weapon change is I actually enjoyed Destiny 1s PVP, but only the bigger matches with vehicles. Now I don't want to play it at all and they fucked with the weapon sets.

Oh for sure. But it still sucks! It's gonna make me not want to use them at all. I also dislike the change to the weapon system on paper. I hate PVP balance messing with single-player game design.

It certainly does suck. I also feel the weapon system hurts PvP because it makes things feel less dynamic.

Top Bottom