• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I wish more people would play The Division because it's basically this but better

problem with loot in the division was that it's just guns and hoodies. At least, it was at launch. I was super high on it for the first like 2 weeks and then I quit playing The Division and never really looked back. Also every single enemy was a bullet sponge on the strike equivalents and it was kind of a huge drag. I assume it got a lot better though.

LiK

The best thing about Division was the multi-man exploit which allowed you to have like shitload of players in one mission.

Imagine PUBG where you coop with everyone to kill AI enemies and bosses.

Of course, they patched it out.

I did have some amazing moments in the Dark Zones in The Division, though. Some really unique experiences to be had, but there was so much wasted potential.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Since it might not be eligible for GOTY, I wanted to propose a new award for PUBG. It'll be called "The Worst Thing about PUBG" and it could have nominees such as it's a Bad Game, it has the worst name, we have to see headlines like "Interview with PlayerUnknown," or just everything about PUBG.

I don't
I don't get it.
I played the beta. Felt like a lot of other games to me.
Doom certainly felt better.

I think people are addicted to the loot based gameplay and the justification they use for liking the game is “the shooting is so good.”

The shooting does feel good but not good enough to play for endless hours imo.

That was my problem with the Division. The gameplay was ok but the loot was so bland that there was no draw to keep trying to get more.

I understand the Dark Zone was the main gimmick but it didn't help how broken it got so fast and for me anyway when the PvE stuff was worth revisiting it was kinda too little too late. I really wanted to like The Division and I did for a little while but felt like they kept 'fixing' the wrong things.

LiK

Dark Zone alienated a lot of people I knew who enjoyed the story missions. They didn't care for the PVP aspects. I know the DLC added randomized dungeons but not even that made me want to go back.

I understand the Dark Zone was the main gimmick but it didn't help how broken it got so fast and for me anyway when the PvE stuff was worth revisiting it was kinda too little too late. I really wanted to like The Division and I did for a little while but felt like they kept 'fixing' the wrong things.

Every patch they nerfed more perks and sets until everything felt equally weak and useless.

Salarians

there was a month or so where I played a bunch of the crucible in Destiny 1, it was alright

not sure if I'd get back into it if/when I play Des2ny

I did have some amazing moments in the Dark Zones in The Division, though. Some really unique experiences to be had, but there was so much wasted potential.

Yeah the DZ was fucking RAD that first week. I had some wild going rogue times where we managed to outlast like a 5 minute full-on server-wide manhunt by hiding on top of the library or something, which only had 2 ways up to the roof that we could cover. Nothing really like that in games.

oti

Banned
I think people are addicted to the loot based gameplay and the justification they use for liking the game is “the shooting is so good.”

The shooting does feel good but not good enough to play for endless hours imo.

You can like the shooting and not grind endless hours for some dumb weapon. I played the story in Destiny 1, played all the strikes on normal and hard with friends, played some 5h PVP and then I was done. That's a totally fine way to play Destiny. Too bad I miseed out on the Raids though.

And what I've played from Destiny 2 so far is really good. Really cool levels, pretty graphics, fun gameplay. You can completely ignore the grind and just sell your copy after enjoying the not-grind parts of Destiny.

Salarians

BpVd7Bb.jpg

oti

Banned
I don't know why but something about that makes me feel actually grossed out

aside from the usual "funko pops are awful" thing

How does this make you feel?

Here was a picture of a plant with some holes in it. You know, that Trypophobia picture you've seen hundreds of times on the internet already.

You can like the shooting and not grind endless hours for some dumb weapon. I played the story in Destiny 1, played all the strikes on normal and hard with friends, played some 5h PVP and then I was done. That's a totally fine way to play Destiny. Too bad I miseed out on the Raids though.

And what I've played from Destiny 2 so far is really good. Really cool levels, pretty graphics, fun gameplay. You can completely ignore the grind and just sell your copy after enjoying the not-grind parts of Destiny.

Yeah that’s pretty much what I did with D1, except solo. Had a good time overall.

J_Viper

I don't
I don't get it.
I played the beta. Felt like a lot of other games to me.
Doom certainly felt better.

The shotgun in Doom '16 sounds like someone slamming a car door. The weapon audio in that game is poor across the board.

Destiny 2 only reminds me that no one comes close to Bungie when it comes to guns in video games

Zaph

huh, i was wondering why a game as big as D2 opens with a crappy motion graphic, but i guess that's why - they crafted it around your old character.

I'm sorry, but for a franchise where they said you'd be building up a character over 10 years only having a few jpegs at the start of the game for all the hours you put in the first game is lame.

The biggest regret I have as a teen was somehow seeing that nipple photoshop.

oti

Banned
I'm sorry, but for a franchise where they said you'd be building up a character over 10 years only having a few jpegs at the start of the game for all the hours you put in the first game is lame.

I agree that Brad and Jeff are waaaaay overselling this.

Rainmaker

Banned
I agree that Brad and Jeff are waaaaay overselling this.

It sounds stupid but on every picture it reminded exactly what that instance was like and how fun the people I was doing it with were. It shouldn't have worked as well as it did. It actually made me want to reconnect with some of those people I hadn't talked to in awhile since we moved on from Destiny 1.

oti

Banned
Nah, that stuff is meaningful. Seeing a screen of the first time you did a thing, with your first group is meaningful as fuck.

Not to a "well, they sure lied about this whole you can play your character throughout the ten years of Destiny thing, but this makes up for it" degree.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
IfI pick up Destiny 2 in a month, which class should I play? I usually like big tank-y guys with big guns.
I played a Warlock in the Beta and I think I could heal people which is not what I expected from a WARLOCK

DICE does excellent work too, I'd place them right behind Bungie

Can't wait to shoot some star wars guns in Battlefront 2

Star Wars guns have the problem that they all sound lame as fuck.

Here was a picture of a plant with some holes in it. You know, that Trypophobia picture you've seen hundreds of times on the internet already.

kinda glad I didn't see that lol, I think I do have some of that trypophobia.

LiK

Raids were the most fun and also the most frustrating parts of Destiny. If you have one guy who keeps messing up, then it can be quite a grind.

All of my stuff came up as stuff I did on my own as I didn't do the raids.

They should have at least included strikes or something.

Jeff and Brad definitely oversold it, but also it's a neat touch.

Top Bottom