• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

jaina

I can't wait
bildschirmfoto2017-10shs63.png

t1507318200z1.png

Vampires can’t go out in the sun, have to deal with insatiable bloodlust and have to watch everyone they love wither and die.

Worst case scenario for a werewolf is that you’ve got a totally normal life for all put one day a month. Best case scenario, you get to enjoy being aforementioned cool wolf guy for a bit.

Ashby

My roommate, who writes for our university newspaper, has to cover some "event" where students are going to yell "Golf Story!" inside the SUB. She is devastated. 😂😂😂

BTA

You can eat garlic.

...fuck that's a strong argument.

Werewolf life is pretty disruptive though. Better hope you don't have anything planned during the full moon.

Golf Story seems bad guys.

I'm enjoying it a fair amount (and will probably play more tonight), but I also don't think it's the best thing ever. It plays into the "just one more thing" mindset I can't shake though, but that also means the challenges are sorta repetitive instead of being interesting quests in the world more often than not.

My roommate, who writes for our university newspaper, has to cover some "event" where students are going to yell "Sucked In!" inside the SUB. She is devastated. 😂😂😂

ftfy

J_Viper

What I find most surprising about one of GB's choices for GoTY, aka Destiny 2, is that the side quests are actually alright.

They're not up to the standard of something like TW3, or even Horizon, of course, but I found myself pausing a podcast I was listening to so I could focus on what was going down. I didn't expect that.

If you told me Bungie would be coming up with better side-content than Bioware has in years, I would have asked what you were smoking, but that seems to be the case now.

My roommate, who writes for our university newspaper, has to cover some "event" where students are going to yell "Golf Story!" inside the SUB. She is devastated. 😂😂😂

1a6c93c71aefe2b524e8a40ec27a0800e7f0f49ff8d71545dff2c9235f099771.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Golf Story looks interesting, but also seems kind of light in terms of a main story hook. Side stuff seems fetch questy too. I think I'd rather play something more golf focused like Everybody's Golf if I wanted a golfing game or Stardew Valley if I wanted a more charming world.

You can eat garlic.

Depends on the Vampire lore.

Oakinn

Was Rick and Morty always this popular? I've never seen the show, but I knew of it. In the last few months it feels like it exploded into mainstream?

Harpuia

Golf Story looks interesting, but also seems kind of light in terms of a main story hook. Side stuff seems fetch questy too. I think I'd rather play something more golf focused like Everybody's Golf if I wanted a golfing game or Stardew Valley if I wanted a more charming world.

Yeah I was thiiiisss close to getting Golf Story until they finally announced the release date of stardew valley. I only got room for one charming indie game in my diet, and stardew valley seemed like a better grab.

Hindl

I'm enjoying it a fair amount (and will probably play more tonight), but I also don't think it's the best thing ever. It plays into the "just one more thing" mindset I can't shake though, but that also means the challenges are sorta repetitive instead of being interesting quests in the world more often than not.
Yeah it's a good game that came out of nowhere so it has people talking about it, and I think that gives the impression that people think it's the greatest thing ever. It's not, it's just this nice little surprise that's charming and goofy

Depends on the Vampire lore.
Eh, it starts out pretty simple but as it goes on it gets weird and funny. It can get a little repetitive and if you want solely a golf game it's not for you, but Dan didn't exactly show off a thrilling part
Was Rick and Morty always this popular? I've never seen the show, but I knew of it. In the last few months it feels like it exploded into mainstream?
It's gotten progressively bigger each season (Season 3 wrapped up last Sunday), but there was also like a year and a half wait between 2 and 3. And in that time the internet kinda went wild with it, so the pent up demand for Season 3 was pretty high and it's spread really fast

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

It was almost two years since the last episode, so there's a lot of people who have been watching it and haven't had anything new to talk about along with people who have picked it up since the previous season aired.

daveo42

Banned
It was almost two years since the last episode, so there's a lot of people who have been watching it and haven't had anything new to talk about along with people who have picked it up since the previous season aired.

It's only been 1.5 years and I'd say for an animated Adult Swim show, that's pretty good. For contrast, The Venture Brothers released 8 episodes in the same span Rick and Morty released 3 seasons. I think Venture Bros is probably the best show on Adult Swim and one of the best adult cartoons still ever made, but their production schedule regularly makes fans think the show is cancelled after the end of every season.

As for why it seems to be blowing up is because it's part crude humor (a la Family Guy) with a heart of gold buried deep within. More people are just catching on as viewship has increased from season to season.

Top Bottom