• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan is the single best thing to happen to giant bomb

Dan's okay most of the game. However, pressuring people into things they clearly don't want to do then being the only one to take the game seriously whilst doing your best to put things in your favour isn't fun to watch.

Nor do I enjoy reading things like "Yet in casting their net wide, Parker and Stone never really dwell too long on any one issue or make any meaningful statements" in a game that features racist imagery because it's funny with no other context, which is a pretty meaningful statement. Or him spending 10 minutes talking about Vince being great without mentioning any of the horrible things he's done.

I really hoped Austin pointing out how things like the constant use of the n-word wasn't cool to him in Mafia 3 even if it was meant to be represent the language used at the time. Yet in Dan's review of South Park he says most of the humour come from fart jokes, when the most frequent humour I saw in the intro was how using derogatory terms like "coon" and "flamer" (if you pick the blaster class) is funny which isn't mentioned.

Though some of my current frustration might be down to there being a topic in games where people are repeatedly denying that a blatantly racist caricature is racist.

After. Don't go googling, the ending is probably the best part of the game.

Okay, sweet!

I can't wait now.

Edit: it's kind of tragic how it's being overlooked. I played the demo and wasn't convinced, played a couple of hours outside of the demo and felt like it was a solid game, but there was a turning point in that game where it felt like something real special. I feel like it's way better than any bioshock game (I love that series too) and I feel like a real cool guy when I 'outwit' the game design.

J_Viper

Hmm...I'm really tempted to ask what you mean.

Spoiler:
I just stunned that guy Dahl and I'm about to go after the tech something or other.
Is it after that?

Yeah, it's after

Without spoiling anything, I'm just gonna say you're gonna hear Steve Blum's voice. At that point, just delete the game and pretend you finished it unless you really like the combat

Joeku

Lol whoops, confused
the dahl guy for the cook

If you already made it past that section, and still enjoying it, then you're good.

That was my breaking point though

The game sort of hints at a quick trick for it, too. I was lucky enough to pick up on it immediately and that trivialized that whole section.

I didn't even know you could just run around in third-person in Talos Principle. I wish I had finished this game.

Lol whoops, confused
the dahl guy for the cook

If you already made it past that section, and still enjoying it, then you're good.

That was my breaking point though

Oh I actually love the combat, I'm hacking robots and raising the dead while blasting around in my jet pack.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Until Jason mentioned this is the same puzzle from the QL, I thought maybe all of Talos Principle looks exactly the same.

what? so they didn't even go through with their bullshit? fantastic

It works as a difficulty slider. If you're a minority then it's likely that getting through the game will be harder due to the racist bullshit.

I wouldn't even be shocked if they did it to try and get cred as being progressive whilst that's the actual joke. Same with the gender choices.

Say what you want about the rest of the game, but the joke, in a vacuum, is clever.

The issue it's not in a vacuum and in context it's terrible. Like, it would be a pretty funny web-comic I guess?

Not really sure what they’re issue with it would be. That it makes no tangible difference?

Well I think they both just mentioned on one waypoint they did not like it and would speak about it in a future episode but I don't think they ever did. I may have missed an episode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom