• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobias

Banned
Outlast kind of loses it after the first 1/3. Becomes a slog. 2 Seems like it at least stays more interesting throughout.

Eyq2SXS.png

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, 2017 is pretty amazing for games but I just realized how "few" games I actually bought this year. Ignoring the 5 or so Switch games, I've bought 14 games on Steam and 6 of them are rather mediocre
Compare that to last year where I bought 43 games (thought admittedly not just in 2016 but also in sales and bundles in 2017)
Can't really see myself buying more than 2 full priced games for the rest of the year (Mario and either Destiny or Wolf 2).

How many games did you guys buy this year?

BearPawB

Banned
Gonna be curious to hear Jeff’s thoughts on GTsport.

He shat on forza for its tracks and car selection...I feel like this isn’t going to be his kind of game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, 2017 is pretty amazing for games but I just realized how "few" games I actually bought this year. Ignoring the 5 or so Switch games, I've bought 14 games on Steam and 6 of them are rather mediocre

Compare that to last year where I bought 43 games (thought admittedly not just in 2016 but also in sales and bundles in 2017)
Can't really see myself buying more than 2 full priced games for the rest of the year (Mario and either Destiny or Wolf 2).

Whao, how did you sort it out that way?

oti

Banned
I feel like I should buy Witcher 3 right now because it's on sale even though I'm not going to play it until next year or something. I do have 30 Euros in my Steam wallet though.

In other news, started Uncharted LL yesterday and that opening was great. I then handed the controller to a freind who likes gaming but isn't good at playing video games. So I set it on the lowest difficulty and he had a ton of fun. I guess I'm not playing it myself after all and instead will be watching him play it. Fine by me.

Antiwhippy

Looking at my steam list and I was actually surprised that there was a gap between may 2016 to april 2017 where I didn't play any games on steam, wondered wtf happened, than I remembered the great gaping timesink that is Overwatch.

Also that was when I bought a PS4.

So far

RE7
Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Night in the Woods
Horizon Zero Dawn
1-2 Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Snipperclips
Nier Automata
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix for PS4
Snake Pass
PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
Full Throttle Remastered
Flinthook
The Disney Afternoon Collection
Voodoo Vince: Remastered
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
What Remains of Edith Finch
Little Nightmares
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Prey
Friday The 13th: The Game
Rime
Tekken 7
Arms
Get Even
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Splatoon 2
Pyre
Tacoma
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Observer
Sonic Mania
Undertale (PS4)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Golf Story
Cuphead
The Evil Within 2

edit: PUBG as well

daveo42

Banned

There is probably more, but off the top of my head:

Gravity Rush 2
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Steins;Gate 0
House in Fata Morgana
That VN Humble Bundle
Root Letter
Valkyria Chronicles
Danganronpa 1&2 Reload

Nier: Automata
Uncharted: Lost Legacy

I still have Sonic Mania, Cuphead, and a few others on my need to buy list as well as the the bolded above that I still need to play. I've been in too much of a non-game mood over the past few weeks. Pondered replaying TNO this morning. Might be worth revisiting before Wolf2 comes out next week.

Fun Home Game fact (not sure if Jeff mentioned it) - The people who made Sub Terrania went on to found IO Interactive and create the Hitman series.

Antiwhippy

Just on steam (dustforce I've gotten long ago but I revisited it recently)

With all the garbage games from that VN humble bundle I didn't even touch scrubbed out.

Games that I actually put any time into (some of them I'm still working on finishing).

Games I've actually finished.

.... I might have a problem.

TBF I have a much better finishing record on the PS4.

2017 games:
Persona 5
For Honor
Nioh
Nier: Automata
Pyre
Hellblade
What Remains of Edith Finch
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Destiny 2
Shadow of War

Old games:
Fallout: New Vegas
To The Moon
Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor
The Beginner's Guide
Cibele
Anatomy

My living situation has drastically affected my budget. Pretty sure I would have bought a lot more games this year if not for that!

Meneses

Not even sure, it's easier if I list them. All for PS4 except for a couple switch games.

Yakuza 0
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Nier Automata
Persona 5
Destiny 2
Sonic Mania
Crash Trilogy
Wipeout Collection
Shadow Tactics
Yakuza Kiwami

Xcom2 (was that this year for PS4?)
Shadow of Wardor
Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts HD 1+2
Zelda + Switch
Fast RMX (i think that's the name of the Switch version)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Elite Dangerous
Nioh

They're also more or less in personal top 10 order so far. I don't think it will change much because i'm not interested in much more until the end of the year.

edit: forgot Nioh and Horizon, but I barely played any of them.

I don't even think I've bought ten games this year

Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Cuphead
Sonic Mania
Wonder Boy: the Dragon's Trap
N. Sane Trilogy
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Resident Evil VII

and I think that's it besides some old shit on Steam

Wunder

I've only bought less than 10 games this year and finished maybe half of them

Family Sharing has been huge this year thanks to my friend buying a bunch of games I was interested in, so I'll probably end up playing way more games than I actually paid for

BTA

Oh I’ve surely still bought a decent amount of games beyond what I’ve actually played and need to cut down that even more than usual now that I’m gaining a more realistic view of my free time.

I just barely use Steam right now so there’s no easy way to look.

Antiwhippy

For PS4:
Steins;Gate 0
Tales of Bersaria
Persona 5
Nioh
Night in the Woods
Project Diva Future Tone
DJ Max respect
Gravity Rush 2

Actually finished or put in a more than decent time into:
Steins;Gate 0
Persona 5
Nioh
Night in the Woods
DJ Max respect
Gravity Rush 2

So like, buy less but I actually play the games I buy.

Teddified

Played
PC
Far Cry Primal
Risen 3
XCOM 2
Killing Floor 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Dark Souls III
Dark Souls II
Metal Gear Solid V
Hollow Knight
Divinity OS 2 (Haven't Finished got caught up in wardor)
Shadow of War

PS4
Horizon ZD
Persona 5
Nier Automata
Bloodborne
got to the last bost of the DLC then got distracted need to go back to finish.

I probably bought most of these this year, 1 or 2 may have been last year in december. Anyway that's all I really remember there is probably some more stuff I messed with for a bit, but not enough to put down as played imo.

Oh, I did buy and play Wolfenstein TNO but since I watched an LP of it when it came out I had less interest in finishing and played like half of it, I do want to finish it someday.

ultron87

Is there a DND OT on Neogaf? Bit OT(But I'm watching DND Unplugged!) but I'll proly dming tomorrow

I think there's one buried in OT/Community somewhere. I can't recall the exact search term - tabletop rpg maybe? It's not very active as I recall.

This is the Tabletop RPG thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465327&page=1 It is semi-active?

It should probably be re-titled to say "Tabletop" somewhere in the title.

demidar

Well, just looking at my Steam recent purchases list for the year of 2017.

Purchased and beaten:
Tales of Berseria
Night in the Woods
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth+
Trails in the Sky Third Chapter
Kio's Adventure
Resident Evil 0
Trails of Cold Steel
Divinity Original Sin 2

Purchased and played:
Tekken 7
Sunless Sea: Zubmariner

Purchased and haven't touched:
Serious Sam 2
House of Fats Morgana

It helps that I don't have any other gaming console besides a PC and a 3DS (which I haven't turned on for a year). Played a lot of games that I didn't buy this year, like Overwatch and XCOM 2 that I didn't include, but my completion percentage is pretty high.

Lari

This year I bought:

- Sonic Mania (my favorite game so far)
- Cuphead (I love it, but I hate it, but I love it)
- The Shrouded Isle (it was really fun for an evening and then it got boring)

And I bought a Super Nintendo Classic (thought i've yet to receive it).

daveo42

Banned
You guys are so much better at time management then me, Jesus Christ.

Personally, I wouldn't say I do. I've beaten a decent amount of games this year, but that's come at the expense of not doing anything else with my free time for months.

working backwards...

Cuphead
Stardew Valley
Golf Story
NBA 2K18
Sonic Mania
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battles
Splatoon 2
GoNNER
Player Unknowns Battlegrounds
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
Tumbleseed
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
Zelda: Breath of the Wild

big switch year with odyssey and skyrim still to for large purchases - as well as any indies that come out.

Ashby

Personally, I wouldn't say I do. I've beaten a decent amount of games this year, but that's come at the expense of not doing anything else with my free time for months.

Yeah but all I do is have giant bomb play in one tab while reading GAF in another. That and work is my entire life.

BTA

You guys are so much better at time management then me, Jesus Christ.

Nah, I’m still terrible at it.

Keeping track of what I actually want to do each week has definitely helped, but I’m still figuring out what I can reasonably accomplish in a week because stuff always slips. And that’s with no real social life besides the occasional weekend thing. (Well, more like I went a month with a thing with different friends every weekend and now a month with nothing which... kinda really sucks and I need to be more active about getting people to do stuff.)

(I can’t believe I’m saying this but) I feel like I need to get on Dan’s schedule of actually eating dinner very soon after I get home and then having the clear 4-5ish hours of free time after, particularly as I’m still bad at getting my body to sleep at good times and that’s not sustainable now even more than it wasn’t ustainable in college.

I don’t know what magic I worked the summer of two years ago where I was actually cooking almost every night and got a ton of stuff done after work, but I’m still trying to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom