• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

Thanks to BitE for introducing me to Yakuza 0! I had so much fun watching them, that I bought and beat the game myself. The combat is great, so I'm annoyed by Dan's attitude towards it. If they do Kiwami, I hope Alex plays it next time as he seems more forgiving. I'm excited to play Kiwami and hope for another remake for Yakuza 2!

Hasney

I'd be fine if Kiwami wasn't played tbh, especially if the activities in and around Kamurocho are the same/similar. 0 was fun as a first time Yakuza player since both the story and minigames/substories were totally new and novel. But if they're gonna not only struggle through the combat in Kiwami but also realize that it shares a lot of the same properties of 0, it's probably not worth another 30 weeks of content.

Or just give Alex the controller.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Does anyone care about Esports for games they don't play?

The only "Esports" I follow are FGC and Hearthstone/Magic the Gathering, because they are games that I play and enjoy.

Generally, every Moba seems exactly the same to me. I watched the last match of the Invitational last year, and was bored by it, and had no idea why people were cheering or commentators were freaking out at various points in the match.

The only esport I watch is Dota, and I haven't played the game since a few months after the last International. I'll watch again this year but I don't see myself reinstalling it this time.

Hasney

idk after watching Alex play Sunshine he might just turn on the game himself after playing it for 20 minutes

He already played some of 0 at home. I just think he might actually try another strat when 'square square square heat why didn't heat work I can't look at the bars or icons' doesn't work.

Nerokis

I dropped Yakuza 0 and BitE earlier on, but I get the impression Dan checked out from improving at the game's combat a long time ago.

His approach to it was always kind of strange, anyway. I recall it took him an unusual amount of time to realize there was a prompt for heat moves.

dcRf15o.gif

More DBFZ hype.

Wunder

He already played some of 0 at home. I just think he might actually try another strat when 'square square square heat why didn't heat work I can't look at the bars or icons' doesn't work.

good point, alex seems ok at games he has some experience in to be fair

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
They should just rifftrax over the rest of the Yakuza games cut-scenes. They seemed to have more fun with that than actually playing the game.

Finally, I'm free now to watch the finale of Yakuza 0 with the BEAST crew. Going through the comments I'm both excited and terrified yet not surprised that Dan didn't like it as much as Vinny & Alex did as it's apparent from watching the episodes. Here's hoping they'd do enough to get it into the top 10 at the very least because it deserves it. Reading that Dan mentioned wikipedia though.....jesus haha.

Let Vinny or Alex play Kiwami or maybe I shouldn't even expect a Kiwami playthrough after such comments.
I think Nier is a pretty easy winner of OST of the year.

It's either that or Yakuza 0.
I dunno, Alex said that he would fight for persona 5 over nier and I think persona 5 is probably more easily agreeable to them.

I gotta say though 0 is hiding some heavy hitters at the end though.

It's a shame that some of the best tracks are either in certain menus, mini-games or side missions. Now, the story stuff is fucking great but there are other fantastic hidden music throughout the game. Their dedication to such a thing is mind blowing to me.

I just can't bring myself to watch any moida island fam

After every YouTuber I follow under the sun played the game from the get-go, I was already checked out of watching any more gameplay of it. It's nice that they are consistent with this series for the folk who watch it though!

killroy87

I used to think people were being irrationally whiny when games like Destiny and BotW dominated the conversation at GB.

And then PUBG came out...

daveo42

Banned
Murder is nice to watch in the background. I'm just glad there's more action now than in the early videos.

Ok, this made me happy.

I really hope Alex plays it this time. Seems like he has been more invested in the game than Dan ever was, even from the start of the series. I'm still a few episodes behind, but hearing Dan's dislike for the combat during gameplay kind of takes away from some of the really interesting fights and sections of the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This would be totally fine if those games weren't so loooooong. I want to be entertained. This feels like homework.

If you mainline it the early games aren't really that long. They do start getting longer as the series went on though.

I dunno if they added extra stuff in Kiwami but 1 wasn't that long of a game.

Navid

I just can't bring myself to watch any moida island...
The only Murder Island stream I watch consistently is the Waypoint one, think the duo dynamic between Patrick and Austin has been great as they take it seriously enough to create a bit of tension as well as they don't try to create action for the sake of action and instead are happy to take it slow when they need to.

Also both of them communicating their thought process and intentions as they play adds quite a bit to it, though it all usually goes out the window as soon as they run into a unforeseen encounter.

Have to say it has been nice to see the improvements in Patricks play over time as he came into the title knowing less than Austin and now is the one playing better.

Wunder

The only Murder Island stream I watch consistently is the Waypoint one, think the duo dynamic between Patrick and Austin has been great as they take it seriously enough to create a bit of tension as well as they don't try to create action for the sake of action and instead are happy to take it slow when they need to.

Also both of them communicating their thought process and intentions as they play adds quite a bit to it, though it all usually goes out the window as soon as they run into a unforeseen encounter.

Have to say it has been nice to see the improvements in Patricks play over time as he came into the title knowing less than Austin and now is the one playing better and more consistent in his performances.

duo probably ends a bit faster too

oti

Banned
If you mainline it the early games aren't really that long. They do start getting longer as the series went on though.

I dunno if they added extra stuff in Kiwami but 1 wasn't that long of a game.
I'm talking about watching them play it. I'm sure it's totally fine playing the game by oneself. I played Zelda for 125h. But this being Japanese and really story heavy is just too big of a commitment for me. I could be watching tons of really good movies instead. Or play something myself.

They're RPGs, they were always were long. At least you can fast forward.

Maybe I should ask for a list of the good episodes and just watch those. Not feeling like watching the whole 40h-ish(?) thing.

Maybe someone could do a Best Of. That would be neat.

hamchan

Realistically I expect Beast in the East season 2 to be a 2018 show, so don't worry I'm sure they'll play a couple of other garbage, probably shorter garbage games, before they even consider going back to Kiwami.

(Shenmue 2)

xuchu

Have to say it has been nice to see the improvements in Patricks play over time as he came into the title knowing less than Austin and now is the one playing better.

Patrick, does indeed, seem to be the one playing better now. Want to see his perspective cos most of the time it's watching Patrick smoking fools through Austin.

They even won off-stream but doesn't count as it's not as Crowbar and Sickle:

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/884986755363078144

oti

Banned
Realistically I expect Beast in the East season 2 to be a 2018 show, so don't worry I'm sure they'll play a couple of other garbage, probably shorter garbage games, before they even consider going back to Kiwami.

I never said I wanted more Shenmue.

Ok so I took the weekend away from this thread I missed the last 40 pages or so, what did I miss?

I used the time to finally beat persona 5! 127 hours.

thoughts:
It drug on too far, The last dungeon was too much. I just wanted to be done at that point.

The Pay off with Igor's voice actor changing was so good! being that it wasnt the real igor!

Overall I liked it, Wished it was 40 hours shorter though as I felt i had to drag myself through. I haven't played 1 or 2 but IMHO 4 > 3 > 5 for story. for gameplay 5 > 4 > 3.

And another young dective being a killer, come on... I thought there was now way it would be him for that reason

My thoughts on the content:
Had fun with UPF, Steal my sunshine was super great. Haven't thought of sunshine much in 15 years. Star trek Quicklook was so great.

Abby was great in the ql for that turn based game. forget the name atm but I plan on checking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom