• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN90

So I'm on the last leg of the Breaking Brad Doom 2 segment, and I really have never understood the enjoyment of playing games on really hard difficulties (But I love the Breaking Brad segment, so never change!!). Do people (Brad, if he responds... maybe I should say BRAD IS THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD to get him to respond :p ) enjoy playing games at these difficulties, or is it just the satisfaction at the end that seemingly overrides the hours of frustration? Do you enjoy the mechanics of the game playing it at such a high difficulty, or is it just the psychological "I beat this game on the hardest difficulty" pathos?

Personally, I simply love mastering a game. I basically made Bayonetta and Mega Man 9 my bitches.

Zaph

Is there an easier way to download all of the P4 Endurance Run without going to each video's page and clicking download?

I recall someone doing something fancy with subscribing to some secret thing on iTunes.
Here's a playlist of the entire P4 ER. Just open it using VLC or any other half decent video player. You can also open it up in Notepad and copy/paste the links into a download manager if you want them available locally.

StuBurns

Banned
Brad is gonna surprise everyone and say how much he loves it. GOTY
Nah, he'll hate it, now, the DLC however...

EDIT: Thinking about it, DLC has seriously sucked this year. This year in general is bad for gaming, but the DLC has been awful.

luiztfc

Here's a playlist of the entire P4 ER. Just open is using VLC or any other half decent video player. You can also open it up in Notepad and copy/paste the links into a download manager if you want them available locally.

Man, I wish I had this when I was watching the ER. I had to download the eps covering them with my hand to avoid spoilers!

Curufinwe

Nah, he'll hate it, now, the DLC however...

EDIT: Thinking about it, DLC has seriously sucked this year. This year in general is bad for gaming, but the DLC has been awful.

From memory I've only bought the SSX DLC in 2012, and the DLC for Deus Ex HR. And they were both worth the $6 I paid for them.

Missing Link came out last year, though.

MrDaravon

Well 3 (?) weeks and 2 support emails later they never responded to my subscription refund emails, so I guess I'm using the subscription code on the store lol. I would have been totally fine if they had responded saying they weren't able to, but no response is super shitty. I also hadn't really intended to renew at this point since their premium content has been pretty lacking for a while now. Kinda shitty. Ironically the money problem situation I was in initially is non-existent now, if the renewals had come up now I probably wouldn't have even cared or bothered to try to get a refund.

The good news (?) is as a result of having the premium membership last year and being exposed to the Tested Lego building videos my Lego SSD showed up today. Thanks for getting me hooked on Lego! Also fuck you guys for getting me hooked on Lego!

Brad has reviewed over hundred games for Giantbomb. Only two (2!) have gotten 1/5. He didn't even give Star Wars Fucking Kinect a 1/5. I can't even imagine how big of a clusterfuck RE6 must be to deserve a 1/5 in Brad's forgiving eyes. I think it'll be a 2/5.
I'm going to hope for a 1/5. Not really anything to do with RE6, but just because I want to see Brad's 1/5 image again.

Can't wait for bombcast. I was really not feeling 5, Brad seemed to like it fine, but I must know the full extent of his discontent with 6.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey, I love resi 4 too, but if that laser sight turned indistinguishable in a mostly grey game I can see why someone would think it's bad. Everything else he talks about that game is crazy though.

All this talk of zombies and Jeff not liking stuff has reminded me that he still hasn't played Walking Dead. Oh, Jeff. Do yourself a favor and play it. : (

sixghost

I'm colorblind too and not sure what he was talking about. It jiggled a little, I think? Other than that, it was a great aiming aid.

It was terrible for long range stuff. Hitting some of those blue tokens in the trees was a nightmare, since you had almost no reference for where the laser was until it was actually on the token at that distance. Sometimes it would get lost amongst a big group of enemies too.

I can't imagine playing that game with another aiming system though. Seeing the FPS style blooming crosshair being used in 6 looks dumb as hell.

GavinGT

Banned
Isn't he colorblind? Could be a reason.

He explicitly said his problem with the laser sight had nothing to do with his color blindness.

It was terrible for long range stuff. Hitting some of those blue tokens in the trees to be a nightmare, since you had almost no reference for where the laser was until it was actually on the token at that distance. Sometimes it would get lost amongst a big group of enemies too.

Yes, this perfectly describes my problems with it.

It was terrible for long range stuff. Hitting some of those blue tokens in the trees to be a nightmare, since you had almost no reference for where the laser was until it was actually on the token at that distance. Sometimes it would get lost amongst a big group of enemies too.

I can't imagine playing that game with another aiming system though. Seeing the FPS style blooming crosshair being used in 6 looks dumb as hell.

It wasn't really meant for long-range stuff. They wanted you to get up close or use a rifle on long range enemies, not use a pistol or shotgun on them and float a laser sight on them until it glowed red. Once you can actually tell when your reticle is on a target at an absurd distance (i.e., the Wii version where you have the circle that rumbles and changes color when it's over a target), it can make non-Professional runs into jokes where your pistol is a miniature sniper rifle.

bonesquad

Well 3 (?) weeks and 2 support emails later they never responded to my subscription refund emails, so I guess I'm using the subscription code on the store lol. I would have been totally fine if they had responded saying they weren't able to, but no response is super shitty. I also hadn't really intended to renew at this point since their premium content has been pretty lacking for a while now. Kinda shitty. Ironically the money problem situation I was in initially is non-existent now, if the renewals had come up now I probably wouldn't have even cared or bothered to try to get a refund.

Same here. The number of responses I recieved to my email inquires = the number of fucks they give.

In one email I just asked how to delete my CC info to make sure the same "mistake" doesn't happen again even with auto renew off. No reply. It's not the meaningless $50, it's the poor customer service from such a community backed site that bothers me.

It wasn't really meant for long-range stuff. They wanted you to get up close or use a rifle on long range enemies, not use a pistol or shotgun on them and float a laser sight on them until it glowed red. Once you can actually tell when your reticle is on a target at an absurd distance (i.e., the Wii version where you have the circle that rumbles and changes color when it's over a target), it can make non-Professional runs into jokes where your pistol is a miniature sniper rifle.

Which is amazing for different reasons. *blat blat blat suplex suplex suplex*

Which is amazing for different reasons. *blat blat blat suplex suplex suplex*

Well yeah, I love the Wii version and how it turns you into a knee-cappin' suplex machine; I'm just saying that the change to the aiming system shows how the original was designed around the assumption that you'd be fighting most enemies at close range to take advantage of the stun/melee system, and isn't really a "fault."

OMG Aero

The good news (?) is as a result of having the premium membership last year and being exposed to the Tested Lego building videos my Lego SSD showed up today. Thanks for getting me hooked on Lego! Also fuck you guys for getting me hooked on Lego!

Same here. The number of responses I recieved to my email inquires = the number of fucks they give.

In one email I just asked how to delete my CC info to make sure the same "mistake" doesn't happen again even with auto renew off. No reply. It's not the meaningless $50, it's the poor customer service from such a community backed site that bothers me.
Who exactly were you emailing? Because every time I've heard people have problems with Giant Bomb billing or their store they've always said that getting in touch directly with Dave gives them quick replies and solutions.

sixghost

Well yeah, I love the Wii version and how it turns you into a knee-cappin' suplex machine; I'm just saying that the change to the aiming system shows how the original was designed around the assumption that you'd be fighting most enemies at close range to take advantage of the stun/melee system, and isn't really a "fault."

It wasn't a big deal, shooting some of the tokens was the only time it was a problem.

Right, I agree. It's also apparent Capcom knows this because melee is pretty much the only thing they've consistently gotten correct in subsequent games.

MrDaravon

Who exactly were you emailing? Because every time I've heard people have problems with Giant Bomb billing or their store they've always said that getting in touch directly with Dave gives them quick replies and solutions.

I filled out the support form it tells you to fill out.

While Dave is awesome, the fact that we apparently have to contact him to regarding a billing issue is fucking ridiculous. Not a knock on Dave, a knock on the fact that whoever handles their billing support is apparently incompetent. At this point any resolution offered to me is not going to get me to renew next year, so I'm not going to take up the poor man's time (I get the impression the poor bastard is always incredibly busy) with this. Ultimately I would have bought a tshirt anyway, and the actual money is irrelevant to me at this point, just venting that their billing support sucks dicks and never responded to me.

Let's just get this out of the way now: the Double Dragon QL is going to be unbearable because it's just going to be Jeff saying "Konami beat-em-ups were quarter thieves, so ALL beat-em-ups are bad, I HATE BEAT EM UPS" over and over.

Let's just get this out of the way now: the Double Dragon QL is going to be unbearable because it's just going to be Jeff saying "Konami beat-em-ups were quarter thieves, so ALL beat-em-ups are bad, I HATE BEAT EM UPS" over and over.

Yeah, if him calling it a piece of shit in today's ILM wasn't enough for you then get ready for 20-30 min of that.

The game isn't that bad, it isn't incredible by any means, but I think calling it a piece of shit is WAAAAAAAY overly harsh.

see5harp

DD Neon isn't a terrible game but I understand why opinions of that game vary wildly. It's the same type of game as that anime Contra game. It really requires a lot of playthroughs and much of the game is really repetitive. I don't understand how you make the main hook to your game repetition and grinding and don't have time to create a simple online mode. If I had to review it, it would be in the 5-6/10 range. Castle Crashers is a lot better than Double Dragon Neon in giving you a modern beat em up.

It was terrible for long range stuff. Hitting some of those blue tokens in the trees was a nightmare, since you had almost no reference for where the laser was until it was actually on the token at that distance. Sometimes it would get lost amongst a big group of enemies too.

Maybe it was because I played RE4 regularly for over a year when it initially released, but I never had much issue aiming long distances with the laser. You just sort of get used to the feel of where it was going to hit after using the same weapon for a while.

I also finished my first time playing the game with the original handgun and shotgun, so I might have just been used to how those worked specifically.

Beat 'em ups are great, and Green Scar is a sad, sad person for not liking them. : (

Beat 'em ups are great, and Green Scar is a sad, sad person for not liking them. : (

Well EXCUSE ME for not liking holding down right on the joystick and hitting the B button over and over. :p

I always found it interesting that that's one of the few genres that got significantly better with the jump to 3D, assuming we all accept DMC, Ninja Gaiden etc are direct descendants of the arcade beat-'em-up.

see5harp

They did incorporate stuff like wall bouncing and juggling into DD Neon along with probably the most important dodge/parry thing (hard playthroughs seem nearly impossible unless you grind for level ups or just dodge over and over). I do think that beat em ups are much better in 3D.

LuchaShaq

Banned

I agree 100% that all beat em ups are bad. They evolved into character action games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom