• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsigo

Do they EVER have a TNT on the PS3? Seriously. I can never play with these guys because they only play 360 games. Is it that hard to play the PS3 version of a multiplat game once in a while?

I think the better question to ask is why you want to play with them to begin with.

Do they EVER have a TNT on the PS3? Seriously. I can never play with these guys because they only play 360 games. Is it that hard to play the PS3 version of a multiplat game once in a while?

The last couple of times they tried, barely anyone was online to play with them, and I think on one of them it got so bad that they just gave up and played an entirely different game (I think. I could be imagining this. Ask Funky Student, since he logs every time GB does anything negative toward PS3 and PSP/Vita).

they usually only do ps3 for exclusives. ps3 is in 3rd place in america, where the guys are from and i bet where the vast majority of users also come from. it's totally normal that they only go to ps3 for a few games.

FStop7

Banned

They used to do multi-platform TNTs all the time, but there were a bunch of times when there were literally no users on their PSN playlists vs. a huge group trying to get into their XBL playlists.

netBuff

Ugh. That earlier music near the start of the stream from Hotline Miami is terrible.

I don't really enjoy Hotline Miami's soundtrack either, but it's certainly preferable to Forza Horizon's "best of music you heard in advertisements and inspirational videos".

Mikey Jr.

The last couple of times they tried, barely anyone was online to play with them, and I think on one of them it got so bad that they just gave up and played an entirely different game (I think. I could be imagining this. Ask Funky Student, since he logs every time GB does anything negative toward PS3 and PSP/Vita).

Can you point to one of these?

they usually only do ps3 for exclusives. ps3 is in 3rd place in america, where the guys are from and i bet where the vast majority of users also come from. it's totally normal that they only go to ps3 for a few games.

It is pretty much 2nd place. The wii doesn't count when it comes to TNT games and playing them online with others.

I have a 360, but I don't pay for live, and buy a majority of my games on the PS3. It would be nice if once in a while they put on a NEW PS3 multiplat game and play with their PS3 fanbase.

They will most likely have a Black Ops 2 TNT. Why don't they do it on the PS3? Don't give me the bullshit excuse that they won't find anyone playing Black Ops 2 on the PS3 3 days after release.

They will most likely have a Black Ops 2 TNT. Why don't they do it on the PS3? Don't give me the bullshit excuse that they won't find anyone playing Black Ops 2 on the PS3 3 days after release.

When you phrase something like that, it becomes apparent that you already have your mind made up on this issue. You've been given the reasoning from several different users as to why they don't do PS3 games that often, and why if they do a split PS3/Xbox game, they focus more time on the 360 version. The GB community that plays with them on TNT is skewed to the 360 versions of the games, and the PS3 community has been unreliable.

But, that's all the effort I'm going to put into answering this question.

41570_241178382987_5356726_n.jpg

Krabboss

Why do you care so much? ANyway, if they're going to do a TNT, they're going to do it on the console where they're sure to have a better/easier time. That's the 360, easily, hands down.

Megasoum

Banned
I already hate the way they handle codes in general since it's not fair for anybody outside of California (or wherever the Twitch servers are). But then when Vinny tries to be funny (and fails miserably) then it becomes just aggravating...ugh

Krabboss

I already hate the way they handle codes in general since it's not fair for anybody outside of California (or wherever the Twitch servers are). But then when Vinny tries to be funny (and fails miserably) then it becomes just aggravating...ugh

What did he do? I wasn't watching at the time.

Anyway, the best approach is to just not care.

Mikey Jr.

When you phrase something like that, it becomes apparent that you already have your mind made up on this issue. You've been given the reasoning from several different users as to why they don't do PS3 games that often, and why if they do a split PS3/Xbox game, they focus more time on the 360 version. The GB community that plays with them on TNT is skewed to the 360 versions of the games, and the PS3 community has been unreliable.

But, that's all the effort I'm going to put into answering this question.

The reasons I have been given is that the PS3 userbase is unreliable. Ok, I get that.

But, you are telling me that for Black Ops 2, which will probably sell like gangbusters on ALL platforms, that the GB crew will find it hard/impossible to find PS3 users?

I'm not even asking to play primarily PS3 version. But atleast split it up a little. PS3 version for 45 min, 360 version for 45 min.

It would be nice for once in a while, to watch a TNT and say "Hey, I have that game! I will play with them!".

Next week will be Halo 4 for 360. The week after will be Blops2 and guaranteed will be for the 360 only. Before that its trials for the 360. Today its Forza for the.......360! Or its Dead or Alive 5 for the 360. I really could go on and on.

Megasoum

Banned
The problem is that every time Hotline Miami gets interesting they cut away.

Yup... I mean, I love Vinny and Drew, love them in Quicklooks and podcasts but I'm getting tired of the crazy shit during the live streams. It was funny 2 years ago but I wish they would get over it already. I'm not saying it's should be super serious, that's not the GB way but when everyweek you can clearly see that the two guys in the control room get so bored that they start doing as much crazy stuff as possible. You get to a point where you can't even follow the actual game going one because 1-They spend most of their time doing crappy effects or showing stupid images/gifs and 2-They always do dual games TNTs nowadays so you get 50% less of each games to begin with.

What did he do? I wasn't watching at the time.

Anyway, the best approach is to just not care.

He was switching codes at the bottom every seconds for like 30 sec...impossible to get a full code.

Vire

The reasons I have been given is that the PS3 userbase is unreliable. Ok, I get that.

But, you are telling me that for Black Ops 2, which will probably sell like gangbusters on ALL platforms, that the GB crew will find it hard/impossible to find PS3 users?

I'm not even asking to play primarily PS3 version. But atleast split it up a little. PS3 version for 45 min, 360 version for 45 min.

It would be nice for once in a while, to watch a TNT and say "Hey, I have that game! I will play with them!".

Next week will be Halo 4 for 360. The week after will be Blops2 and guaranteed will be for the 360 only. Before that its trials for the 360. Today its Forza for the.......360! Or its Dead or Alive 5 for the 360. I really could go on and on.

Please tell me about all these amazing PS3 exclusives that they didn't cover?

Halo, Forza and Trials all have great multiplayer components. If those games were all PS3 exclusives, I guarantee you they would have covered them.

FStop7

Banned

Halo 4 isn't out for 2 weeks. Next week will probably be NFS: Most Wanted or Assassin's Creed 3. Maybe both.

Then Halo 4. Then BLOPS 2.

AcridMeat

Banned

They used to switch between the platforms, odd that they stopped. It was in the old office, but I remember a few fighting games and shooters.

Krabboss

Yup... I mean, I love Vinny and Drew, love them in Quicklooks and podcasts but I'm getting tired of the crazy shit during the live streams. It was funny 2 years ago but I wish they would get over it already. I'm not saying it's should be super serious, that's not the GB way but when everyweek you can clearly see that the two guys in the control room get so bored that they start doing as much crazy stuff as possible. You get to a point where you can't even follow the actual game going one because 1-They spend most of their time doing crappy effects or showing stupid images/gifs and 2-They always do dual games TNTs nowadays so you get 50% less of each games to begin with.

He was switching codes at the bottom every seconds for like 30 sec...impossible to get a full code.

I'm still not sure why people care so much about how they handle TNT. It's generally a borefest no matter how they handle it. They're not particularly good at games and they're never playing particularly engaging games either. I'm waiting for the format to be scrapped and replaced with them just playing old games. That would be about a million times better because there would be a lot more fun discussion which is always what makes a TNT good.

So when people complain they can't focus on the games being played (which I also have no problem with doing) all I can think is, "Why on Earth do you care?" But that's just me, obviously.

They used to switch between the platforms, odd that they stopped. It was in the old office, but I remember a few fighting games and shooters.

They probably stopped because having to manage the friends shit twice in one evening would be incredibly tedious. Especially on the PS3, where doing so isn't much fun.

Mikey Jr.

Halo 4 isn't out for 2 weeks. Next week will probably be NFS: Most Wanted or Assassin's Creed 3. Maybe both.

Then Halo 4. Then BLOPS 2.
My bad.

Yeah, I'm not talking about completely going PS3. But these guys are so community focused and I find it odd that they completely ignore PS3.

Please tell me about all these amazing PS3 exclusives that they didn't cover?

Halo, Forza and Trials all have great multiplayer components. If those games were all PS3 exclusives, I guarantee you they would have covered them.

Playstation All-Stars. Has been out for a few weeks already. Great Multiplayer. Smash focused. 4 players. Online component.

Nothing. Why not?

Vire

Playstation All-Stars. Has been out for a few weeks already. Great Multiplayer. Smash focused. 4 players. Online component.

Nothing. Why not?
Giant Bomb despises Super Smash, what makes you think they would like a Super Smash knockoff?

Also, I thought that came out Nov 20th?

Giant Bomb despises Super Smash, what makes you think they would like a Super Smash knockoff?

Also, I thought that came out Nov 20th?

Well, they gave Brawl 4/5. I think they'll get round to it, just when it comes out, not during beta.

Bet they'll do it with another game during TNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom