• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesquad

Good spookin with scoops, but that was probably my least favorite one. Maybe I miss the endearing technical problems:), or maybe I just lost interest in Lone Survivor with all that text earlier on. Didn't work in my opinion. The stream needs more Clocktower. What scares me is the thought of doing Home. I hated that "game" and have no idea why I bought it.

And yes, you can beat Friday the 13th. I did as a kid when I rented it for a weekend (game genie, what?:)

Aaron

Home wouldn't be good for the stream. Patrick should totally play it though. I've only watched 2 and 3 of Spooks, couldn't stand the tech issues of 1, and despite it's premise it's a pretty laid back feature. I like it a lot.

Jintor

Katawa Shoujo taught me more about myself than 999 ever did!
There's NO way they ever touch Katawa Shoujo for any reason.

I would laugh so hard if we ever got creeper!Jeff's take on it though. Like... my god.

The very idea that a free western-developed eroge based off a 4chan scan of an extra page in a doujin for Nausicca of the Valley of the Winds would not only be interesting, but also kind of heartwarming... it would blow his mind.

But I think they should play hatoful boyfriend instead

kaskade

The whole polygon launch made me remember that there's supposed to be a GB redesign soon. I think Dave said they were aiming for October. Has anything new news come out about that?

I would laugh so hard if we ever got creeper!Jeff's take on it though. Like... my god.

The very idea that a free western-developed eroge based off a 4chan scan of an extra page in a doujin for Nausicca of the Valley of the Winds would not only be interesting, but also kind of heartwarming... it would blow his mind.

But I think they should play hatoful boyfriend instead

You guys are nuts if you think watching them play a visual novel would be in anyway entertaining for more than 20 mins.

Smash88

Banned
Ryan's enthusiasm and Patrick's blunders made the Hotline Miami quicklook. That game looks sick as fuck!

Also, M.O.O.N. - Hydrogen IS MY JAM! GOD DAMN THE MUSIC!

Hotline Miami devs you are my heroes.

Gomu Gomu

So I was listening to some Phillip Glass music on Youtube, when suddenly and out of nowhere:

WV9iq.jpg

Hint: Related Videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpYH8u8oFI

In 2009, Brad Shoemaker gave Resident Evil 5 a perfect score. In 2010, Shoemaker struck again, this time with a 4/5 for Metroid: Other M.

The record speaks for itself. Shoemaker and his play-and-rate agenda have bankrupted our industry and endangered our children's prospects at making purchasing decisions.

Vote no to Shoemaker. Vote yes to America.

derFeef

Horizon TNT, great. Dubsteb in da Giantbomb house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpYH8u8oFI

In 2009, Brad Shoemaker gave Resident Evil 5 a perfect score. In 2010, Shoemaker struck again, this time with a 4/5 for Metroid: Other M.

The record speaks for itself. Shoemaker and his play-and-rate agenda have bankrupted our industry and endangered our children's prospects at making purchasing decisions.

Vote no to Shoemaker. Vote yes to America.

I vote the exact same opposit, for both.

Patryn

So I was listening to some Phillip Glass music on Youtube, when suddenly and out of nowhere:

WV9iq.jpg

Hint: Related Videos.

YouTube now surfaces videos related to all videos you've ever watched there. It doesn't just reflect videos that are related to the one you're watching. It's part of Google's whole "All results are personalized" push, even if you're not logged in.

Notice the section isn't even called "Related Videos" anymore. It's now "Suggestions".

Gowans

Can't wait for the TNT, damn it that Horizons is not out in the UK till tomorrow.

Pulling the late shift with out new 1day old tonight so will watch on full. Does the GB live player play on the Xbox IE full screen?

Gomu Gomu

YouTube now surfaces videos related to all videos you've ever watched there. It doesn't just reflect videos that are related to the one you're watching. It's part of Google's whole "All results are personalized" push, even if you're not logged in.

Notice the section isn't even called "Related Videos" anymore. It's now "Suggestions".

Well, thanks to you, today I learned a new thing.

derFeef

Can't wait for the TNT, damn it that Horizons is not out in the UK till tomorrow.

Pulling the late shift with out new 1day old tonight so will watch on full. Does the GB live player play on the Xbox IE full screen?

I don't think so since its twitch.

Duffyside

Banned
Is Jeff going to be there to play Horizon? Isn't he gone all week? And does anyone know why he was gone? Review event for BLOPS 2 or Halo 4 maybe?

Curufinwe

The people who loathe and despise Giant Bomb for reviewing Harmonix & Double Fine games despite being buddies with some of the people there are popping up in the Dorito Drama thread, although the most vociferous one already got banned.

Megasoum

Banned
The people who loathe and despise Giant Bomb for reviewing Harmonix & Double Fine games despite being buddies with some of the people there are popping up in the Dorito Drama thread, although the most vociferous one already got banned.

Heh...say that earlier. While I agree that they tend to give those games an crazy level of attention (not always deserved) compared to other sites it's still has nothing to do (or nowhere near the level of stupid) with that whole Eurogamer thing.

I posted this a couple of pages back when someone else said the same thing about CoD, look at it this way. CoD campaigns (as short as they are) will probably take a day to finish. They are gonna wanna take more than a day to look at Multiplayer that way they can get some levels under their belt and be informed when writing about it, then on top of that you have Zombies which has been expanded out for BO2 quite considerably. All that is a good 3 days at least + any other things they want to go back and replay to make sure they remember correctly/take notes.

It really isn't as simple as beat campaign, play a little multi, write review.

Curufinwe

To be honest, they should follow Gamespot's lead and not release reviews of online focused games until they have played them with the general public on live servers.

To be honest, they should follow Gamespot's lead and not release reviews of online focused games until they have played them with the general public on live servers.

I think for the most part Jeff usually does, he has said before in I Love Mondays and things like that, that he usually tries to play online in a public setting before putting up the review.

drkOne

Do you mean in the visual novel genre, because Steins;Gate, Umineko, and Ever17 might give it a run for its money.

Saya no Uta might be one according to some, but man that thing creeped me out and I had no idea why I got myself into that one. :lol Really messed up horror VN.

Yeah, visual novels. I never really tried to gather information about what's good and what isn't, so I'll just randomly stumble upon one every year or so.

I didn't really Umineko's art, even tho I found the story intriguing, but the art really killed it for me.
I did watch the Anime, which made me wish they'd just remake the game with new artwork, but then again the story was already spoiled for me.

I'll check those other ones out, thanks.

The most obvious one is Ever17, generally considered the best game of the 999/VLR writer's previous series. It has a lot of similarities to 999.

As said above, Steins;Gate is very awesome as well. I love Umineko as well (my avatar is Dlanor from Umineko :p), but it's very different.

I don't mind different. I've been playing some Katawa Shoujo even though the disability thing is probably the only "oh, it's japan" thing that never interested me one bit, but I saw a couple of people saying it was their GOTY so I was like, well, I haven't played one in years, so why not.

The only stuff I've played was Clannad, Fate/stay Night, School Days and a bunch of eroge that I never finished nor remember the name because they were all boring.

I think I'll get Ever17 once I finish Katawa then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom