• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who loathe and despise Giant Bomb for reviewing Harmonix & Double Fine games despite being buddies with some of the people there are popping up in the Dorito Drama thread, although the most vociferous one already got banned.

Video games are some serious stuff man.

split screen TNT again? gonna skip it.

I dislike split screen TNTs too but it is obvious why they exist. Anytime they actually sit down and play a game that isn't full of nonstop hijinks the chat implodes. I'm ready for everyone to complain when they play Halo 4 or Black Ops 2 because it is boring. They need to appeal to these ADD kids.

LiK

I dislike split screen TNTs too but it is obvious why they exist. Anytime they actually sit down and play a game that isn't full of nonstop hijinks the chat implodes. I'm ready for everyone to complain when they play Halo 4 or Black Ops 2 because it is boring. They need to appeal to these ADD kids.

yea, the ADD kids can enjoy it. i'll do something else.

The Double Fine and Harmonix love can get grating if only because of overexposure but I'd never accuse the GB guys of bias towards them.

I didn't really Umineko's art, even tho I found the story intriguing, but the art really killed it for me.
I did watch the Anime, which made me wish they'd just remake the game with new artwork, but then again the story was already spoiled for me.

The PS3 games are basically this...

cjkeats

If they're gonna do a double TNT, at least do something along the lines of creeper Jeff.
That is one my my things in GB history.

I kind of wish for TNT, they'd have one game on the main stream, and another on the premium stream, kind of like BLLSL Dave cam. That way, if you want the second game only, you get it, and if they switch to the second game in the main feed, then can put the first game on the premium feed.

I kind of wish for TNT, they'd have one game on the main stream, and another on the premium stream, kind of like BLLSL Dave cam. That way, if you want the second game only, you get it, and if they switch to the second game in the main feed, then can put the first game on the premium feed.

I like that idea but it's probably more work to produce.

FStop7

Banned
The people who loathe and despise Giant Bomb for reviewing Harmonix & Double Fine games despite being buddies with some of the people there are popping up in the Dorito Drama thread, although the most vociferous one already got banned.

Some of the comments were actually pretty funny, at least one of them was an obvious troll.

TBH I've never cared for how cozy they are with DF and HMX but it doesn't impact their review scores so ultimately it's a 'who cares' thing.

MrDaravon

If they're gonna do a double TNT, at least do something along the lines of creeper Jeff.
That is one my my things in GB history.

Either one of these would be fine. All of the double TNT's they've done recently have been fairly awful, they don't even have the decency to make one of the games at least full screen and just flip that way most of the time, so you can't even really see what's going on a lot of the time on either game.

They either need to just stop doing it outright, take one of the suggestions above, or just switch games completely halfway.

netBuff

Uh... yeah, they are. It's not the 90s anymore. It's a major field with a lot of money invested in it.

It's not my money that is invested in video game companies (I merely buy their products), so why do I have to get bent out of shape about some perceived lack of "equal coverage" in regards to an entertainment product? I pay for GiantBomb to get interesting, laid-back content - if they focus too much on Harmonix and Double Fine, so be it. I don't care whether all publishers/developers get equal coverage or not on GiantBomb.com.

I'm able to form my own opinions: Sometimes I agree with the GB crew, sometimes not. This whole Eurogamer-fiasco is on a completely different level.

And yes, plenty of games journalists and PR people have gotten much too close (something Leigh Alexander frequently criticises in her columns, and GB is certainly not innocent of as their relationship with Harmonix shows). But I somehow feel like GiantBomb was never that much of a journalistic outlet anyway. In general the guys strike me as pretty authentic in their opinion of games.

bionicpuppy

Giant Bomb Producter/Bufu Caster
yea, the ADD kids can enjoy it. i'll do something else.

We'll be doing more of a "check in" with the other game and take some breaks rather than constantly showing both at once. I agree, the crosstalk stuff is too much. Folks just can't contain themselves!

LiK

We'll be doing more of a "check in" with the other game and take some breaks rather than constantly showing both at once. I agree, the crosstalk stuff is too much. Folks just can't contain themselves!

Dammit Vinny, just when I was gonna give up, you pull me back in. I feel like Jeff now.

Mikey Jr.

Do they EVER have a TNT on the PS3? Seriously. I can never play with these guys because they only play 360 games. Is it that hard to play the PS3 version of a multiplat game once in a while?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do they EVER have a TNT on the PS3? Seriously. I can never play with these guys because they only play 360 games. Is it that hard to play the PS3 version of a multiplat game once in a while?

Neither of these games are on PS3.

And whenever they usually try to do PS3 TNTs, no one showed up.

netBuff

And whenever they usually try to do PS3 TNTs, no one showed up.

There were plenty of people playing Uncharted 3 with them for TNT. Twisted Metal was pretty sparsely populated though (but not only was that multiplayer completely busted in terms of connecting, it also wasn't the most popular of games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom