• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people remember that live show with Vinny's segment getting totally railroaded by the other guys, and how he seemed like he was getting pissed.

That reminds me of my first few days at GiantBomb. First video I ever watched was the Dragon Age 1 quick look with Dave, and shortly after that I started tuning into the Star Trek Online streams.

And I was 100% SURE that Jeff and Ryan hated each other. Not yet knowing the dynamic of these guys, their banter really convinced me that there was a beef there. This lasted for HOURS.

strafer

I might forget Vinny for everything if he shows up on UPF

I still haven't seen a Dan / Vinny video interaction yet. Curious to see how that plays out.

I don't like Bakalar's tone during the Truck Sim segment on the Beastcast. Shhhhhhhh... No more questions just let the hooks sink in...

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Vinny talked about not being able to distinguish between reality and fantasy on today's beastcast.

He thought he was playing American Truck Sim when he took the wheel of that San Francisco-bound tri-axle.

Myggen

So people remember that live show with Vinny's segment getting totally railroaded by the other guys, and how he seemed like he was getting pissed.

That reminds me of my first few days at GiantBomb. First video I ever watched was the Dragon Age 1 quick look with Dave, and shortly after that I started tuning into the Star Trek Online streams.

And I was 100% SURE that Jeff and Ryan hated each other. Not yet knowing the dynamic of these guys, their banter really convinced me that there was a beef there. This lasted for HOURS.

Heh, I think that Vinny segment almost became a meme because some people really thought that Vinny was super pissed, so after that that segment became the "reason" why Vinny moved his family east :p

Xater

I might forget Vinny for everything if he shows up on UPF

I still haven't seen a Dan / Vinny video interaction yet. Curious to see how that plays out.

There have been multiple cases of Dan and Vinny being together on a thing you know...

Oh wow. From Austin's twitter:
Austin Walker said:
Peak behind the curtain: I'm about halfway through reviewing 150~ freelance pitches now. "Retrospective" is the most common idea by far.

People LOVE older games, and a thing I've seen throughout many of these pitches is that it's hard to isolate why that is or what makes it>

>particularly interesting. Many also don't move beyond "I loved this thing" to anything more thesis driven.

(Which is an important distinction I think, b/c I think there's definitely good work to be done in the retrospective genre! It's just tough)

[Link to Austin's twitter feed because twitter's layout sucks.]

At this point I really don't know what to expect from guest columns. They've all been pretty different so far, though all interesting in their own way. For some reason I was expecting some unifying thing behind them, and I don't mean the guest aspect.

Still, I'm excited for the column's future.

Xater

At this point I really don't know what to expect from guest columns. They've all been pretty different so far, though all interesting in their own way. For some reason I was expecting some unifying thing behind them, and I don't mean the guest aspect.

I pitched him a thing, but he said he needs more details. I will get back to him once this Master thesis is done.

It wasn't a retrospective. I can say that much.

Seriously, though, it's entirely possible that Jeff's getting married this weekend, as I wouldn't expect Vinny to have any desire for the Super Bowl and it would be weird timing for him to come back to visit just a couple months after he visited for GOTY. I guess we'll know by Monday, as it seems like something Jeff would casually drop after the fact, if only to explain that he's gone because of a honeymoon.

Edit:

Congratulations, Austin, on working in "interesting" and "it's tough" into consecutive tweets. That's interestingly tough.

Oof, that talk on the Beastcast about American Truck Simulator makes me reeeally want to check it out. The thought of driving down the 5 from Sacramento, through Coalinga and Valencia, and then down to San Diego... It's quite literally a drive through my life thus far. Major feels, if you'll excuse the expression.

Will it have Oculus Rift support?

strafer

Seriously, though, it's entirely possible that Jeff's getting married this weekend, as I wouldn't expect Vinny to have any desire for the Super Bowl and it would be weird timing for him to come back to visit just a couple months after he visited for GOTY. I guess we'll know by Monday, as it seems like something Jeff would casually drop after the fact, if only to explain that he's gone because of a honeymoon.

Vinny as best man?

I know this is falling on deaf ears, but since we don't even know if Jeff is getting married or not this weekend, maybe we shouldn't speculate on his personal life? Especially since he tends to keep that side a little to himself (or at least speaks rather generally of it).

Oof, that talk on the Beastcast about American Truck Simulator makes me reeeally want to check it out. The thought of driving down the 5 from Sacramento, through Coalinga and Valencia, and then down to San Diego... It's quite literally a drive through my life thus far. Major feels, if you'll excuse the expression.

I've had the store page for it open on steam for the past few hours and I'm slowly getting closer to buying it.

Wasn't there some post in here claiming that Johnny V, Dave Lang and Patrick are also in the area?

Would be an interesting theory and congrats if so.

And with that said, back to the GB crazy stuff.

Bowlie

Banned
I know this is falling on deaf ears, but since we don't even know if Jeff is getting married or not this weekend, maybe we shouldn't speculate on his personal life? Especially since he tends to keep that side a little to himself (or at least speaks rather generally of it).

I came to the thread and am very confused about this too.

I was expecting a lot worse from Jeff's SMB3 bomb than what it was. He knows it's an extremely well made game but doesn't have any personal affection to it.

I'm kinda the same with SMW, I've played an SNES probably less than 10 times in my life so I've never really cared about any game on that platform. I actually bought SMW a while ago after playing Mario Maker but going back to that after getting used to Mario Maker (i.e. NSMB) physics is rough. Mario is a slippery bastard.

Megasoum

Banned

ETS2 was one of the first rift supported game so I'm sure ATS has it too.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way, especially since Jeff keeps his private life so, well, private. This feels silly.

I've had the store page for it open on steam for the past few hours and I'm slowly getting closer to buying it.
Me too! Wait, how long have we been Steam friends? I have no recollection of ever adding anyone from GAF.
ETS2 was one of the first rift supported game so I'm sure ATS has it too.
Oh right, of course! For some reason I thought it was a different developer, but now that notion seems ridiculous. I'll probably get it once I have my Rift.

LiK

Didn't they fix that a while ago? The API update fucked it, but the engineers unfucked it. Or was it down again recently?

i haven't checked in a while so i wasn't aware they fixed it already. i was using my iPad and Airplay to watch the older videos.

Myggen

i haven't checked in a while so i wasn't aware they fixed it already. i was using my iPad and Airplay to watch the older videos.

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah IIRC they fixed that a while ago. Good thing since I'm guessing quite a few people use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom