• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - | 09-09-2014 |

Drugs Bunny?
The Stoner Brothers: Rick Scott & Scott Rick?
Link and Scorpion?

Man I need to watch this wrestling show.

It's VGCW: The Live Show

miyazaki is pretty anime. he invented moe after all.

plus he wasn't even the best director at ghibli, no need to put him on a pedestal.

It's the Dan of Anime opinions, everyone!

Yeah, I pull all the music for ads and other random stuff. We have a subscription to a huge royalty-free music library that lets you search by tags and whatnot, so you throw one keyword in there ("nature" or "shopping mall") and all kind of nonsense comes back. Finding dumb ad background songs is my favorite part of producing the podcast.

You're getting that Vinny "NPR Host" Caravella thing going on, there Brad.

Dizzy-4U

Brad would like Steins;Gate.
Steins;Gate doesn't start until halfway through the series. Brad would quit after the first few episodes.

Dan only needs to watch Ninja Scroll, Afro Samurai, Street Fighter, etc. Straight to the point action like that. It would be nice to recommend Ghost in the Shell, Black Lagoon or Monster but you know, this is Dan we're talking about.

eznark

Banned
Seven Samurai
Rear Window
Sabrina
On the Waterfront
Dial M for Murder
White Christmas
The Caine Mutiny
The Barefoot Contessa
The High and the Mighty
Apache (lol this one may fit the "it doesn't make sense anymore category")
Bridges at Toko Ri

Movies released in 1954 (60 years ago) that I have seen within the last five or six years that are still awesome.

Howard Hawks. Film Noir. Though Hawks wasn't really a pigeon holed noir guy. The Big Sleep is the most notable. His westerns are better.

Speaking of, pretty much all the great Westerns are older than 60 years.

I don't get Tangled. It's fine. Just like Frozen. Totally fine. That do you want to build a snowman song is the best!

Krakn3Dfx

Just got to the part where Jeff mentions my Forza-Japanese launch mashup pic.

dean-winchester-crying.gif

Krakn3Dfx

Haha when I heard that I was like "aw man I hope Krakn hears this."

This is my second brush with Jeff, the first time he logged into my Minecraft server years ago when it was in alpha and burned down my son's house...just to see if he could.

Years later, that's still a touchy subject where Minecraft is concerned.

Ein Bear

Brad's "Maybe I should endeavour to be more like you..." had me howling. I still miss Vinny more than my heart can bare, but I'm really enjoying Brad hosting and the addition of Dan. Drew seems a lot more chatty nowadays too, he seemed to be a lot quieter on the podcast before.

Kusagari

I refuse to believe Dan is a real person.

All his stories plus his apparent obliviousness to everything, seriously he had never even heard of Frozen?, is just wut.

LiK

I refuse to believe Dan is a real person.

All his stories plus his apparent obliviousness to everything, seriously he had never even heard of Frozen?, is just wut.

Dan is making everything up. Turns out he has a Frozen shrine. The thieves didn't touch it.

This is my second brush with Jeff, the first time he logged into my Minecraft server years ago when it was in alpha and burned down my son's house...just to see if he could.

Years later, that's still a touchy subject where Minecraft is concerned.

Sometimes you have to burn down a house to see how it works.

Anth0ny

How the hell did Dan not even hear of Frozen.

Like... HOW.

ZJMfros.gif

I'm also about 6 hours into Destiny and I completely agree with Jeff's impressions on the game. Very repetitive, and the story is complete fucking nonsense. That said, I'm still having fun with it.

TxdoHawk

Dan reminds me of my old roommate, in that some people in this world just fly through life, propelled by nothing more than the sheer weight of their own absurdity.

Nuklear

Banned
All the wrestling talk this week. Thankfully Dogcatcher has a 30 second skip so I fast forward through all that crap.

Negator

Dan deserves some time in jail for his inexcusable crimes against food. I was laughing and crying at the same time listening to him. Those chickens deserve better than this! It's like they're dying TWICE!

Bacon

All the wrestling talk this week. Thankfully Dogcatcher has a 30 second skip so I fast forward through all that crap.

I agree with you that wresting talk sucks usually, but it was good this week. They were talking about amateur wresting that drew went to with Dan. It was a pretty funny story.

That was probably the best ending to a Bombcast yet. You could sense everyone's jaw hitting the floor simultaneously and Jeff's mind to go "yep, it's time we GTFO, cause it certainly can't get any weirder than this"

JayEH

Dan makes me die a little when he talks about his college life. Good for him for getting a job in games media but damn man, what a waste of money.

I'm not much of an anime guy but as far as recommendations as for Dan, JoJo is of course ridiculous and amazing but honestly Cowboy Bebop would be a good first anime to watch. He seems like he would like the type of Spike does in that show.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Taking submissions for "anime" is pretty dumb. It's like taking submissions for Hollywood.

"I like Transformers"

"I like Boogie Nights"

"I like You've Got Mail"

It's nonsensical.

Dan is insane and I love it haha. He told me on twitter to play Metal Gear in timeline sequence, anyone else try this? If so, how was the experience?

JayEH

Dan is insane and I love it haha. He told me on twitter to play Metal Gear in timeline sequence, anyone else try this? If so, how was the experience?

Is this for your first playthrough of the series? I wouldn't do that if that's the case.

Anyway, I haven't played all of them in timeline order but I have a few. All it does is reveal a bunch of retcons and plot holes lol.

Top Bottom