• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

TriGen

Congrats, Dan and Bianca!

I fully expected him to win from the beginning and now I'm happy that I'll get to hear Taco Bell wedding stories on the podcast in the future.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Did someone open a bag of pre-diced onions in here?

ArjanN

Better than getting married on a dusty beach somewhere in Florida or in your uncle's backyard i guess

Pretty much. Even if you think a Taco Bell wedding is dumb, it's essentially a free vacation and you can always just have another more serious ceremony somewhere else later.

Tagyhag

Pretty much. Even if you think a Tabo Bell wedding is dumb, it's essentially a free vacation and you can always just have another more serious ceremony somewhere else later.

Dan's already said that they didn't want a serious ceremony, they were just going to have a party with friends.

So this is perfect for them.

giphy.gif

Isn't the internet weird? Being a diehard GB fan and subscriber for years, I'm reading this thread with a huge grin on my face.

Yet if I wanted to explain any of this to my wife, where would I even begin?

Can you imagine how upset regular couples who had equally compelling stories and made it this far felt looking at how they got blown out thanks to Dan's followers?

(Nice work Dan!)

Can you imagine how upset regular couples who had equally compelling stories and made it this far felt looking at how they got blown out thanks to Dan's followers?

(Nice work Dan!)

Judges picked the winners I thought. The voting was for the first phase (which Dan didn't make it through initially....huh.)

Tagyhag

(Nice work Dan!)

A couple's a couple lol.

Besides, this contest is just to be the first couple to be married there. Those other people can get married there any time after.

Time to put their love for Taco Bell to the test! Do they love the Bell enough to get married there if the company isn't paying for the wedding? Time to find out!

A couple's a couple lol.

Besides, this contest is just to be the first couple to be married there. Those other people can get married there any time after.

Time to put their love for Taco Bell to the test! Do they love the Bell enough to get married there if the company isn't paying for the wedding? Time to find out!

Normal as in they don't have nearly 70,000 followers on Twitter lol.

And you're right! I bet most of them would go through with it still.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Normal as in they don't have nearly 70,000 followers on Twitter lol.

And you're right! I bet most of them would go through with it still.

To quote myself
I mean, to be honest, Dan didn't just win because of his "minor internet celebrity", the dude has been a huge Taco Bell shil-er, evangelist for ages. Its not like he doesn't talk about Taco Bell constantly

Top Bottom