• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GiantBomb - TitanFall framerate in mech combat is not fixed in Xbox One retail code

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are right: PS4 mostly achieves 1080p by sacrificing framerate and F5 was MS PoC that their system can do 1080p60 too when they sacrifice it all. But my original point was that this rushed gen as a whole is too underpowered as stated by devs.
It took both Microsoft and Sony years before they made a profit on each console, it's not reasonable to expect them to do the same again this generation.

It's also not a rushed generation there are a multitude of reasons, cheaper R&D, cheaper hardware that is able to fit within a certain power requirement/limit and heat dissipation, profit from day one instead of years of losses, cheaper RRP, etc...

why have there been games with substandard framerate? eg. arcades had mostly all 60fps games that got really butchered for home consoles because of weak hardware
Arcades cost thousands, consoles cost hundreds, they have already stated why they haven't gone with crazy specs this generation.

HDTV native resolution is 1920x1080, that is today's resolution standard (tommorrow's migh be 4K) - if 1080p as a target resolution is too much for devs then, again, weak hardware
What does a TV resolution have to do with a games console?

1080p isn't the standard resolution, there are a multitude of different resolutions, there are still HD Ready sets being sold that can take 1080i input but are only 720p, 768p, etc..

1080p is only a thing because of HD video standards, "Full HD" supports 23.976, 24, 29.97, 30, 59.94 and 60 framerates, there is no standard for gaming consoles. 1080p30 is going to be the target this generation and PS4 is more than capable of hitting it.

Dragon

Banned
What does a TV resolution have to do with a games console?

1080p isn't the standard resolution, there are a multitude of different resolutions, there are still HD Ready sets being sold that can take 1080i input but are only 720p, 768p, etc..

1080p is only a thing because of HD video standards.

TV resolution is important for consoles because games that support the native resolution of the TV will look a lot better than games that have to either be upscaled via the console or via the TV.

You can still buy tube TVs on craigslist too, that's not really what the poster was talking about though and implying 1080p is only a thing because of HD video standards is laughable.

Ploid 3.0

I am actually happy that this gen didn't shoot for the moon in hardware power. I wanted a cheap console, and I got it. My first PS3 was used and bought from a friend because he owed me, at $300. My moon shooting platform is PC when I bother to upgrade it to crazy levels.

TV resolution is important for consoles because games that support the native resolution of the TV will look a lot better than games that have to either be upscaled via the console or via the TV.

You can still buy tube TVs on craigslist too, that's not really what the poster was talking about though and implying 1080p is only a thing because of HD video standards is laughable.

I never said it wasn't important, but saying videogames have a 1080p60 standard just because that is what the native resolution of some TVs are is ridiculous.

1080p IS only a thing because of HD standards, these standards are agreed upon so that any video shot in this format is guaranteed to play on any display device that supports this standard.

HD standards were ratified in the 90s, way before consoles could even output HD.

My word, people are salty tonight.

It's somewhat concerning that people are getting so upset over the fact that Titanfall is having a successful launch. There's even an army of people submitting negative user reviews to Metacritic in an attempt to combat all of the positive reviews it's getting.

You'd think non-Xbox gamers would be able to handle something like this with a little more dignity. You're up next, Sucker Punch. No pressure...

It's reaching epic proportions. Gotta laugh, what else can you do?

b0bbyJ03

I blame a lot of gamers for generating hype over this product. It's basically Call of Duty with mechs, wow what a revolution that is! Seriously people who buy this instead of actual quality and original games are why the industry is such in a poor state. Indies create better games than AAA studios and million dollar budgets. Yet reviewers give TitanFall 8-9s left and right despite glaring technical problems, awful graphics and laughable A.I. amongst other stuff. Very funny

seriously this kind of shit needs to stop. every game is like another game. don't reduce this one to a call of duty clone just because its in the same genre. this game is just plain old fun. how many games can you say that about these days? you want to focus on the fact that its not perfect technically then go ahead but you're doing yourself a major disservice as a gamer (unless you just hate the genre). I didn't hype it nor did I hate on it, I just simply gave it a chance, played it, and I'm very happy I did cause it delivered on exactly what I want from a game; FUN

daman824

Morts saying there's going to be both a resolution and a framerate increase in a future patch? If true, some people itt are gonna look silly.

I can confirm. Trying it out at a bud's house, the framerate was all over the place and the tearing is so annoying.

I do like the new controller.

Salty post and so full of hyperbole.

I mean, if you compare the ambition of Titan Fall in FPS mechanics to something like... (Natural Selection 2) an indie game which gets far less hype, if any at all, it can be somewhat disappointing.

Other games are far more ambitious (and arguably just as tight in terms of controls and graphics)... yet media hype, console exclusivity, and PR have driven Titan Fall to christ the redeemer levels.

Obviously Titan Fall isnt some shit show of a game like Call of Duty, but it is quite confusing how people praise its advances above COD, but subsequently forget the swathe of Indie games or less popular games which go above and beyond.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
People will say a lot of different things to sell their games.

Um. He's not a developer of TF?

That said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Either way, too little too late, I already bought the PC version, 1080p and 60fps would've sold me pre launch, but it won't make me double dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom