• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GifCam - making Gifs just got super easy [v2 released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Need to find out how to make them smaller, but cool tool...

crossed.gif

iNvid02

Is there a way to resize the gif?

not sure if you mean dimensions or file size. but you're supposed to size the window to the area you want to capture before hitting record

i guess you could open it in an image editor like gimp or photoshop and resize/compress to reduce either the dimensions or file size

Seanspeed

Banned
Where are people uploading these larger GIFs? I tried abload, but when I posted it on the board, it was the most horrendously slow loading gif I've ever seen.

I'm not talking huge files, either. Just 2-4MB. I've got a lot of cool ones that I want to show but I cant find any decent place to host em. :(

I don't know who you are or what this is

but I'm going to find a use for this gif. Somehow.

I know right?

But, it's from one of the best flash games ever.

Old Spice - Dikembe Mutombos 4 and a 1/2 weeks to save the world. Came out around the whole April Mayan calendar stuff. Last time I tried on their main site I couldn't get it to work but the full game works here. There's equally amazing potential stuff in this wonderful game.

http://kbhgames.com/8790/old-spice-|-dikembe-mutombos-4-1-2-weeks-to-save-the-world/

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Chrome? Chrome sucks for GIFs. Try right clicking, copying the URL of the picture and looking at it that way in a separate tab.

Both Firefox and Chrome. Opening in a different tab in the same browser gets the same result, but I don't know if opening it in the other browser does.

And you size GIFs by making the capture source smaller or bigger. I think someone mentioned earlier about doing Ctrl+-, Ctrl++, or Ctrl+Clickwheel up/down to change the display size of browser pages. I use VLC to get videos to the exact dimensions I want.

I hope they improve the interface, specifically by adding one to begin with. Is there any way to delete multiple frames from the middle of GIFs? And that black inner border could be more obvious.

VALIS

Fooling around w/it last night, made a neat endless loop gif from an old cartoon. I got pretty lucky with my editing considering I only spent 2 minutes on it yet it's hard to tell where the sequence repeat seam is.

iB7BKtiDtuTpb.gif

NaviLink

Has anyone figured out how to fix the bug on Win 7/8 mentioned a couple of pages back or is it something that the author has to fix in the program itself? I'd love to use this but it doesn't capture properly.

edit : someone posted the cause of the bug on the DL page

This doesn’t work correctly if you have screen scaling turned on in your windows options (used to make icons and text bigger in high resolution) (any version)

Just tested it and yeah, now it works. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Now I can gif to my heart's content.

iNvid02

upcoming features

- frame rate selection
- quantize without nearest option (higher quality gifs, but file size also increases)
- capture cursor option
- open gif option

more coming

gifcamnextversion.png

Moff

yeah, its a cool program, great even in many aspects

but now I have to see stuttering gifs in many GAF threads and I just wish they were better :|
I really hope there will be a version soon that creats gifs that are as smooth as its source

iNvid02

yeah, its a cool program, great even in many aspects

but now I have to see stuttering gifs in many GAF threads and I just wish they were better :|
I really hope there will be a version soon that creats gifs that are as smooth as its source

majority of video is 30fps or less so the upcoming fps selection should improve things and hopefully end the stuttery shit

Kangi

I'll probably stick to using Jasc, but I do like this.

Oh, and this is the .gif I made to test it with, for the record. I accidentally sped it up when resizing it, but eh, I guess it works well that way
(and it helps to hide how much I botched up the loop)

boring5nsom.gif

Baleoce

When I open these GIFs I've captured via GifCam in an editting program like Photoshop or the GIMP, I think they are ignoring the green-screen that GifCam implements. Because whenever I save it out after editting or preview the GIF on those programs, I can see white artefacts all over it, and they are occurring in the same positions that the green screen is in effect for.

It's probably some really easy transparency option that I'm failing to see, can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated :)

Also another question. I used the "delete even frames" edit in gifcam, and of course it gets through the gif twice as fast. How do I automate it so that there is a delay between each frame that compensates for the speed difference? Many thanks in advance.

Baleoce

Here is a clearer example of the issue I'm having:

GifCam Green Screen working as it should:
ibuzedjBPB3DaB.png

Go to edit the GIF in Photoshop. "Save to Web" previewer showing me the greenscreen sections as transparent, and reflecting that in the final exported GIF:
ibet00K58RsqNK.png

I tried clicking the transparency button and that did nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom