• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GifCam - making Gifs just got super easy [v2 released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Giant

Banned
My 1st gif. I hope i posted it right.

Edit: fixed

m_by_emperorham-d66qv3x.gif

Baleoce

Click edit, then right click on the pop up from the edit menu, and uncheck show green screen.

That literally just hides the green screen in the frame editor on gifcam. It doesn't actually stop it using green screen to reduce the size of the gif. That green screen is always present whether it's hidden or not.

Baleoce

ow ! didn't know that, sorry about that.

Not at all, thanks for the suggestion :)

For now I'm getting around the problem by just capturing with Virtual Dub, but I think the problem might fix itself when the gifcam update is brought out that allows you to choose a custom frame rate, or even if it just features a half decent image editor so I wouldn't even have to think about loading it into photoshop/GIMP.

So, I don't know why but every time I try to make the gif:

1) The gif loads very slowly the first time, even when it's on my hard drive

2) it always ends with a green flash

Edit: what, it works fine in firefox

icyWYYi93ogLJ.gif

FluxWaveZ

Some Gifs I've made using GifCam:

i6iog1MDmStDE.gif

ilS9OyGXiKyNQ.gif

ibccE4cgM1qhpR.gif

Love the software and will definitely donate. It could use some more functionality, but it's really simple compared to the VeeDub + Gimp combo I was using before.

LiK

not a fan of this program even tho it's super easy to use. the quality just isn't there. really awesome at capturing anything tho.

Majukun

i've made a gif,but after i have added text it stop after more or less 180 frames..am i missing something?

before the edit the gif was playing until the end without any problem

EDIT:it seems that deleting even frames solved the problem..even though now it's a bit choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom