• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glee Season 2 |OT| How Sue "C's" it (and many blindly hate it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

From the Glee Panel at Comic Con:

On Lea, Chris and Cory's departure:
10.28am: Truth on Ryan Murphy's comments that Monteith, Michele and Colfer have been axed? Falchuk: "I don't know where that report came from. Cory, Lea, Chris are seniors, but they're graduating. Just because they're graduating, it doesn't mean they're leaving the show. If you have Lea Michele under contract, you're not just going to let her go. Come the first episode back, you see who the seniors and juniors are. Some of our seniors will not graduate. I can guarantee here that they are not done with the show after this season."
On Chord's departure:
The Chord Overstreet drama. "For reasons he's aware of, we decided not to make him a regular but we did ask him to come back for a portion of the season. He declined the offer, which we were very disappointed by because we were writing stories for him. We had some cool ideas with him and Mercedes, but Chord decided he had opportunities elsewhere. I will say, just because he's gone, Mercedes will have a new boyfriend she met up with this summer. He's like 'you deserve more, Mercedes', lifting her up. He's this big bubba kind of guy."
About the Spinoff:
Thoughts to spinoff with Rachel, Kurt and Finn? Falchuk: "Yes. We explored that as a possibility. It was weird when Chris Colfer was saying he heard on Twitter about him not coming back, because we hadn't talked to him about it since March. We're leaning against a spinoff right now. I think we're going to pass."
More at source

Some other things mentioned during the panel: Tina's not graduating, she's a junior, more Biestie (yay) and Ken Tanaka died of a heart attack. LOL.

Doesn't surprise me Chord wouldn't want to come back not being made a regular. Shame to because they never really went anywhere with his character. What did we have? At least 3 stories they could have gone somewhere with? Replacing Finn as QB, Mercedes boyfriend, and him being homeless?

And I'm still waiting to see if they ever mention Finn's friend again that Rachel was supposedly teaching how to sing.

Solo

So I started watching this show a few weeks back after seeing that Last Friday Night Video with Dianna Agron in it and finding her to be asbolutely stunning. I just finished the second season. What a frustrating show. I equally love and hate the show. I hate some of the characters, and REALLY hate how character development so often has the reset button hit on it (seriously, I swear Sue has gone from wanting to destroy the glee club/Will to having compassion for him/helping him at least 10 times) and how it becomes clear after a while how unwilling the show runners are to shake things up, instead preferring the status quo, which gets more been-there-done-that with each episode. On the flipside, I love some of the characters, love all the music and performances (outside of show tunes, which bore me to tears), and the issues the show has tackled. The first season was better and had a great finale, while the second season was kind of middling with flashes of brilliance and a really lame ending. I'll be watching S3 live, and I hope they find a way to get back on track.

For the record, my favorite characters are Santana and Brittany. Such an awesome pairing, and I love both actresses. Best part of any episode usually involves them. I'm also really big on Quinn (although thats mostly due to my previously mentioned love of Agron rather than the character, lolz; also, they need to give her more solos - she isn't the strongest singer of the bunch, but I really like her voice), and mad love for Puck. And of course, Sue.

I cannot stand Rachel/Lea Michele. My god. She has an amazing voice, so full props there, but I cannot stand anything else about her. I can't recall the last time I hated a TV character so passionately. And on a final, superficial note, its like god saw how nice he made her body and evened the tables by making her face so ugly.

Koodo

Banned
SaintZ said:
From the Glee Panel at Comic Con:
The team behind this show is so, so horrible.

I am continually astounded by how terrible they are even though I should already know this very well.

Kurt will discover his body in the dumpster on the first day of the fall semester. They'll have a memorial out back and sing a song about loss.

Zoe

BertramCooper said:
So how will they explain Sam's disappearance?

Since he's homeless and all, did he end up dead on a park bench from a meth overdose?

They've already got a super easy out with both his parents job hunting.

Bert, are you still watching the show? I saw the Glee 3D at Captain America and I lol'd at how frank they were with Sue's admission that its going to suck.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Bert, are you still watching the show? I saw the Glee 3D at Captain America and I lol'd at how frank they were with Sue's admission that its going to suck.
Yeah, for the most part. A big reason why is that I enjoy this thread quite a bit.

Solo

I think the more important question is: how are they going to push Rachel and Finn away early in the season for DRAMATIC EFFECT (TM) only to have them come together at the end with another grand professing of love? This is what the world needs to know.

:/

Can we kill off Rachel in the finale, pretty please? Death by jazz hands.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Solo said:
I think the more important question is: how are they going to push Rachel and Finn away early in the season for DRAMATIC EFFECT (TM) only to have them come together at the end with another grand professing of love? This is what the world needs to know.

Yep, you know this'll happen eventually. I'm curious to see how they keep those three graduating characters on the show after they graduate...

Ryan Murphy reveals plans for 'Glee' spin-off, which is now on hold

The glee club is fast turning into the drama club. Earlier this month, Glee creator Ryan Murphy revealed that Chris Colfer, Lea Michele, and Cory Monteith would be leaving Glee after season 3 — only to have fellow exec producer Brad Falchuk state at Comic-Con that those actors were not leaving the show after all. The latest development: Murphy revealed late Thursday that he and his fellow Glee producers were exploring a spin-off featuring the three actors, but have put that project on hold, possibly permanently.

Murphy also notes in an interview with Deadline that Colfer, Michele and Monteith — whose characters are set to graduate in May — were not fired from the hit Fox dramedy; moreover, they were brought into preliminary discussions about the spin-off, but were asked not to talk about it while the viability of the project was explored. (An insider told EW that while Murphy’s idea had been discussed at the highest levels at 20th Century Fox TV, which produces Glee for Fox, no script deal had been made.)

The spin-off would have taken place in New York, and Murphy reached out to The Juilliard School about using the institution as a backdrop. While the actors expressed initial interest in a spin-off, some supposedly had reservations about relocating to New York, among other issues, prompting Murphy to put the brakes on the project.

Fox declined to comment on the situation.
If they really let this golden opportunity slip through their fingers...

tumblr_lp2799KiXD1qcwql6.gif

Holmes

Man. The season 2 opener is playing right now on TV... it was so good. Where did Glee go wrong this season? Probably when they started milking the Warblers. And milking the whole Rachel/Finn/Quinn love triangle. Bah.

Beiste. <3

Holmes said:
Man. The season 2 opener is playing right now on TV... it was so good. Where did Glee go wrong this season?
Kurt, Kurt and more Kurt. The only worthwhile part of his insulting plotline was being able to ogle Darren Criss.

Holmes said:
Beiste. <3
What the hell happened to Bieste anyway? She had so much potential at the beginning of the season. The last thing i remember with her was the kissing scene with Will... Fuck you, Glee.

Solo

A spin-off which would remove the two most grating, annoying characters (Rachel and Kurt)? Yes please! I like Finn though and wouldn't want to lose him.

Glee's Chord Overstreet Goes Back to School With Sitcom Gig

McKinley High’s loss is an Orson Elementary’s gain. Chord Overstreet, whose enrollment on Fox’s Glee screeched to a halt over the summer, will resurface — this time on the teaching end of things — on ABC’s The Middle.

In the Sept. 28 episode of the third-year comedy, Overstreet will guest-star as Ralph Wilkerson, Brick’s new, young and idealistic fourth-grade teacher whose involved teaching methods run counter to Frankie and Mike’s “more relaxed” parenting style.
Fortunately, a show that I don't watch. If only he could take Lauren Zizes with him.

cory.

Banned
Is anyone making a thread in the next 3 hours?
I would, but I'm constantly on the verge of quitting watching (though it appears I am incapable of doing so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom