• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glee Season 2 |OT| How Sue "C's" it (and many blindly hate it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Quinn thing probably got me the most, after the end of the last episode I thought she was gonna have some grand supervillain scheme to make the whole show fall down around everyone....... then she's just like "I'm gonna nark on you!" (laughs)

:\

Then she gets a new haircut and loves everyone again. :|

So amazingly beautiful.

Koomaster said:
The only part of the episode that really made sense was Kurt + Rachel friendship. Two driven people who share a similar dream. I hope once this cast is done with the show, they get a spin off of college/acting life in New York.
tumblr_llvcz5fGKR1qejqwno1_r1_500.png

Koodo

Banned
I thought the Funeral episode was well executed, but given the show's terrible track record when it comes to consistency, whatever happened in that episode will probably have no relevance in the upcoming season.

The finale was boring and basic at best. Overall, the show keeps going on a downward trajectory and I have a feeling the third season is going to show cracks in rating numbers. There's only so much abuse a fanbase can take.

Father_Brain said:
Shum and Criss to be S3 regulars, Overstreet not. I have no problem with this; the writers never really came up with a compelling plot for Sam, probably because the character was basically a leftover from the originally planned S2 Kurt storyline. I'm very curious to see whether/how the series improves creatively now that there's an actual writers' room.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised by this. Sam was pretty well received by most folks, I thought he was alright. They just needed to actually give a fuck about writing stuff for him, which they didn't for most of the cast in S2.

But Mike being a main character = fuck yeah.

michaeltraps said:
Ryan Murphy Interview

Season 3 details,
including some hints as to who is/isn't up for graduation

Seems like a bit of retconning going on too - wasn't Blaine originally supposed to be 1 year older than Kurt?
They still obviously don't know what to do with Sue.

I really hope Jane Lynch eventually up and leaves the show. She's too good for this shit.

SaintZ

Sam was not regular during season 2 either so I think he's gonna stay on the show unlike season 1's Matt. Regulars get paid more than "guest stars" so I think they are just saving some money by not making him one.

SaintZ said:
Sam was not regular during season 2 either so I think he's gonna stay on the show unlike season 1's Matt. Regulars get paid more than "guest stars" so I think they are just saving some money by not making him one.

"could return as an occasional guest star" - i.e. it's apparently been decided that he will no longer be part of the core cast, regular or not.

Vamphuntr

Father_Brain said:
Shum and Criss to be S3 regulars, Overstreet not. I have no problem with the latter; the writers never really came up with a compelling plot for Sam, probably because the character was basically a leftover from the originally planned S2 Kurt storyline. I'm very curious to see whether/how the series improves creatively now that there's an actual writers' room.

I thought Sam was supposed to be Mercedes' boyfriend? He was also supposed to be Kurt's boyfriend at some point? That's not nice for the actor.

Also I've read from the link a few post above that Sue will have a "season long" plot about her running for congress. They really failed with their season long plot this season so this is probably going to fail hard.

Darren Criss deserves the extra cash and regular status. He's basically their money maker on itunes. On the other hand, it means is boring character will be even more shoved in episodes.

New kids in the choir too? I can already smell a disaster.

SaintZ

Father_Brain said:
"could return as an occasional guest star" - i.e. it's apparently been decided that he will no longer be part of the core cast, regular or not.
I just hope that Mercedes doesn't get screwed and her storyline is over before it starts. I can see it already... after the Sam transfers, a heartbroken Mercedes fills her void with some tots...

Solo

Hello, Glee fans. From the Katie Perry/Rebecca Black thread:

tumblr_lmc24w3zs61qfwr0qo1_500.gif

Daaaaamn, that's a fine ass woman!

Goodbye, Glee fans.

red13th

Wow, they really have no idea what to do with Sam. At first he was meant to be Kurt's boyfriend. Then they dropped it and he was Glee's Taylor Lautner (hot guy who's only there for gratuitous shirtless scenes). Sadly they dropped that too and he became Quinn's boyfriend. Then out of nowhere he's homeless and dating Mercedes. Now he's possibly out. WTF?
Anyway, I need Chord Overstreet, don't drop him off the show please.

netguy503

red_13th said:
Wow, they really have no idea what to do with Sam. At first he was meant to be Kurt's boyfriend. Then they dropped it and he was Glee's Taylor Lautner (hot guy who's only there for gratuitous shirtless scenes). Sadly they dropped that too and he became Quinn's boyfriend. Then out of nowhere he's homeless and dating Mercedes. Now he's possibly out. WTF?

Possibly!?....it's all ready happened dude.

Koodo

Banned
Please, let's not mix together Will & Grace's progressive, enlightening gay characters with Glee's regressive, bi-phobic abominations.

Koodo

Banned
Dianna Agron really is stunning. I even like her singing voice.

Emonga said:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnxfmdpsqK1qjcji5.gif

En garde.
Oh, I forgot Santana is a lesbian now.

Let me add that asterisk then:

... with Glee's regressive, bi-phobic abominations.*

*Santana excluded

Goldrush

red_13th said:

I'm surprised they would get rid of him. At this point, Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss probably have a bigger fanbase than any of the Glee cast.

Goldrush said:
I'm surprised they would get rid of him. At this point, Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss probably have a bigger fanbase than any of the Glee cast.

I'd guess that the new writers' room held a few brainstorming sessions, and that Sam was the character in whom there was the least interest on their part. Considering the size of the current cast, the Glee Project addition, and whatever other new recurring characters might be added, cutting the dead weight sounds like a sensible decision, though we'll see how things turn out come this fall.

MC Safety

Solo said:
Hello, Glee fans. From the Katie Perry/Rebecca Black thread:

tumblr_lmc24w3zs61qfwr0qo1_500.gif

Daaaaamn, that's a fine ass woman!

Goodbye, Glee fans.

Sorry to quote the picture again, but does this woman have writing on her side?

That's one (more) tattoo trend that has to go.

Father_Brain said:
I'd guess that the new writers' room held a few brainstorming sessions, and that Sam was the character in whom there was the least interest on their part. Considering the size of the current cast, the Glee Project addition, and whatever other new recurring characters might be added, cutting the dead weight sounds like a sensible decision, though we'll see how things turn out come this fall.

It's a shame Finn's too ingrained into the show for them to cut him. The guy's so bland and dull that he gets more screen time than all the second stringers combined and still struggles to make an impression.

Not that it matters much to me. With the show moving to Sky in the UK season 2 may well have been the finale.

Koodo

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
It's a shame Finn's too ingrained into the show for them to cut him. The guy's so bland and dull that he gets more screen time than all the second stringers combined and still struggles to make an impression.

Not that it matters much to me. With the show moving to Sky in the UK season 2 may well have been the finale.
Finn is the most perplexing character on the show. He's not the prettiest, or the strongest. He's deficient as a leader and is definitely the least talented.

There is absolutely no reason for him to be the leading man except for his connection with Rachel, but given the show's utter disregard for continuity, they could just easily thrown him to the side and put someone worthier in the leading role.

Ryan Murphy obviously has a boner for Corey Monteith.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
MC Safety said:
Sorry to quote the picture again, but does this woman have writing on her side?

That's one (more) tattoo trend that has to go.
I know it said "Mary had a little lamb" but I guess she got more.

DSFan1970

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/07/13/arts/entertainment-us-glee.html?hp

Finn Kurt and Leah cut for season 4

I smell spinoff.
Glee Season 4 plans!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Three of the biggest stars on hit musical TV comedy “Glee” will “graduate” high school next year and won’t be back on the show for a fourth season in 2012, the show’s creator said on Wednesday.

In an interview with showbusiness website The Hollywood Reporter, Ryan Murphy said that Lea Michele (Rachel), Chris Colfer (Kurt) and Cory Monteith (Finn) “are not going to be back at all for Season 4.”

Murphy said the decision had been taken in order to keep the dark comedy, which features a group of misfits in a struggling high school choir, more credible.

Snip

I just don't know if graduating people is the right idea. Making those three older than some of the others is weird. I'd almost rather they pretend like the first three seasons didn't happen and start over. The alternate years.

DSFan1970 said:
Murphy said the decision had been taken in order to keep the dark comedy, which features a group of misfits in a struggling high school choir, more credible.
This sentence cracked me up.

First of all, it stopped being a dark comedy a long time ago.

Second, they're not struggling. They just went to nationals, for chrissakes.

And it's funny that Murphy is concerned about the show's credibility. He could keep the Michele, Colfer and Monteith around for five seasons and the show's idiot fans wouldn't give a shit.

netguy503

krypt0nian said:
Oooh Broadway spinoff dreams!

Well...that Katharine McPhee show actual sounds like a good idea for those three characters. And then Spielberg could sue Murphy and get him out of our lives for good. It's a win-win. :)

BertramCooper said:

And it's funny that Murphy is concerned about the show's credibility. He could keep the Michele, Colfer and Monteith around for five seasons and the show's idiot fans wouldn't give a shit.

lol real talk in the Glee thread.

netguy503

BertramCooper said:

They're not idiot enough to drop the show once their favorites leave though which I could see happening and backfire on him completely. Though the new characters he brought in for season 2 are good but none have outshined the original cast. And he just fired the best person off the Glee Project two weeks ago so I can't see that going well for him.

Lea Michele would probably end up leaving after Season 4 anyway.

Considering she's notorious for being a condescending uber-bitch, I'm guessing she'll think the show is beneath her by that point. Hell, she probably already does.

netguy503

BertramCooper said:

Yea, but that would give them a whole season of more music to pump out, Itune sales, and money- which is all this show is about now anyway. Better to sale that on a guaranteed "hit" then something that could be a Joey-sized flop, is it not?

netguy503

Koodo said:
Does anyone even care about the Glee Project? Last I heard, ratings were lukewarm at best.

Well, the winner is going to be on 8 episodes of most of the original cast's last season. So I'm thinking some care should be involved- I don't want them to mess it up too much but the remaining contestants of the Glee Project say they will. :(

BertramCooper said:

Considering she's notorious for being a condescending uber-bitch, I'm guessing she'll think the show is beneath her by that point. Hell, she probably already does.

Source?

maharg

idspispopd
DSFan1970 said:

I wonder if anyone has ever pointed out to Ryan Murphy that half of his 'misfits' are actually popular cheerleaders and football players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom