• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glee Season 2 |OT| How Sue "C's" it (and many blindly hate it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

The show loses it's main point if they ever even come close to winning the thing. If they ever actually do switch casts then I could see them winning the current casts final season.

3rd season needs a lot of new people. I dont want to see the same group of people go through regionals, sectionals and nationals ALL over again.

Zoe

Krauser Kat said:
3rd season needs a lot of new people. I dont want to see the same group of people go through regionals, sectionals and nationals ALL over again.

They better pick up some freshmen. And aren't they all in the same grade right now?

Magnus

That might have been the worst episode of the entire series.

Fucking dismal.

The dialogue was a disaster. Hardly any character got played up for their iconic strengths (except Santana's crazy and Rachel's broadway dreams) so we had a bunch of soulless husks running around, hugging, singing and dancing that didn't feel at all like the usual crew. Did you see Puck run up and hung Will in the hotel room with the biggest shit-eating smile on his face? What was that about? lol

Where were Emma and Sue, two of the strongest characters on the show?

Where was the intense rivalry and antagonism? There were no villains! Sue and Jesse/Vocal Adrenaline made the first season finale exciting.

This was such a bland, boring hour.

Vamphuntr

The "For Good" number was great. They lost because of the kiss? lol glee. Pretty sure that writing songs the day before the competition is not the best thing to do.

Vamphuntr

Magnus said:
That might have been the worst episode of the entire series.

Fucking dismal.

The dialogue was a disaster. Hardly any character got played up for their iconic strengths (except Santana's crazy and Rachel's broadway dreams) so we had a bunch of soulless husks running around, hugging, singing and dancing that didn't feel at all like the usual crew. Did you see Puck run up and hung Will in the hotel room with the biggest shit-eating smile on his face? What was that about? lol

Where were Emma and Sue, two of the strongest characters on the show?

Where was the intense rivalry and antagonism? There were no villains! Sue and Jesse/Vocal Adrenaline made the first season finale exciting.

This was such a bland, boring hour.

Emma was there for 30 seconds in the last 2 minutes of the episode and well Sue is nice now. In the previous episode she said she was hoping to get elected and help people with disabilities so she's pointless.

I agree that once again it's a weak episode. I think it's better to just watch the show for the musical numbers and not for the rest. At this point, it's obvious the writers cannot write something decent and keep the quality going for 22 episodes.

Einbroch

Banned
Weak, terrible finale.

Where are the "characters"? Everyone is just acting the same. Santana needs to be more bitchy. Brittany needs to be more dumb. Tina and Mike need to be more Asian. Puck needs to be more of an ass. Finn needs to be more selfish. Lauren needs to be more of a hardass.

I mean, fuck, BRITTANY UNDERSTANDING THE CLUB ON A DEEP, EMOTIONAL LEVEL? That came out of nowhere. God damn. Will just giving up on his dream AFTER THE FUCKING PRODUCER SAYS HE HAS WHAT IT TAKES? And didn't he say it would only be for the summer? That he'd be back in the fall for the school year? So fucking stupid. Also, what was Quinn's "big plan"? To break up the club? And all it took was a haircut to forget about it? Fuck this show.

They crammed so much crap into the last two episodes that I couldn't keep up. Travelling to New York, stressing about writing a song, and having Rachel struggle with herself could have been a whole episode, then the actual Nationals with another B-plot could have been another.

I would say that I'm done, but I can't. I'll undoubtedly watch next season, but this last half of the season has left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

Vamphuntr

I also fail to understand the female lead of the other glee club. Some episodes ago she came back and was ready to sing for the glee club for their benefit concert and now she acted like she still hated Rachel for something that happened 21 episodes ago. Why she did want to help them for their concert if she hated them?

Also major facepalm at the "I'm going back to my country, I don't feel safe here because of what happened with you".

Einbroch said:
Weak, terrible finale.

Where are the "characters"? Everyone is just acting the same. Santana needs to be more bitchy. Brittany needs to be more dumb. Tina and Mike need to be more Asian. Puck needs to be more of an ass. Finn needs to be more selfish. Lauren needs to be more of a hardass.

I mean, fuck, BRITTANY UNDERSTANDING THE CLUB ON A DEEP, EMOTIONAL LEVEL? That came out of nowhere. God damn. Will just giving up on his dream AFTER THE FUCKING PRODUCER SAYS HE HAS WHAT IT TAKES? And didn't he say it would only be for the summer? That he'd be back in the fall for the school year? So fucking stupid. Also, what was Quinn's "big plan"? To break up the club? And all it took was a haircut to forget about it? Fuck this show.

They crammed so much crap into the last two episodes that I couldn't keep up. Travelling to New York, stressing about writing a song, and having Rachel struggle with herself could have been a whole episode, then the actual Nationals with another B-plot could have been another.

I would say that I'm done, but I can't. I'll undoubtedly watch next season, but this last half of the season has left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

Haha, forgot about the "big plan" of Quinn's. Yeah, what was that supposed to be?

I have to echo the sentiments of you guys, I thought most of the season was middling to good, but the finale was just a trainwreck. The season 1 finale packed so much more of an punch.

Oyashiro

That wasn't good at all. Definitely nowhere near as good as the s1 finale. I'm REALLY hoping they get their shit together for S3. This season was just hugely disappointing.

Tucah

you speak so well
Terrible, terrible finale and possibly one of the worst episodes of the show. Pretty much everything about this was awful - the original songs (the entire plot around this was laughably bad as well - hey guys we really want to win with these songs we haven't written yet. Oh shit, nationals are tomorrow? lol), characters acting all over the place, tired Rachel/Finn drama, Will's Broadway show side plot (wasn't it only during the summer anyway?). Oh, and what was with Quinn's big plot? Resolved in twenty seconds, couldn't have been that huge. Ugh.

:lol :lol at shoehorning Darren Criss at the end too.

Please be good again in season 3 and stop this downward spiral.

woolley

Vamphuntr said:
I also fail to understand the female lead of the other glee club. Some episodes ago she came back and was ready to sing for the glee club for their benefit concert and now she acted like she still hated Rachel for something that happened 21 episodes ago. Why she did want to help them for their concert if she hated them?

Also major facepalm at the "I'm going back to my country, I don't feel safe here because of what happened with you".
She doesn't want to go home because of Rachel. She wants to go home because Vocal Adrenaline is run like a boot camp and isn't fun and the only way for her to get out of the club is by moving back to her country.

Show's tanking for me at this point. Sucks, because it was amazing in S1. The flip-flopping of character personalities has gotten ridiculous.

Dianna Agron is still made of awesomeness and love though.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
lol I love how the group fights to reach these big points only to have them covered in 30 minutes. That shit is so weird. It seems like a complete waste of opportunity. You'd think the fans would kill for an hour long episode exclusively on the competitions and a hour of the group enjoying/creating drama new york.

The show in general doesn't seem well managed. but maybe that's what i like so much about it. Tons of random story archs and events.

SaintZ

Yeah, it was pretty bad. The whole episode had pacing problems, it just felt odd. Did they expect to win with songs written a day before the competition? Yeah, sure. Specially if one of them was written by Finn.

Unlike last season, Vocal Adrenaline never felt like a real threat to ND because they didn't show them doing anything during this year. Speaking of VA, Charice looked like Snooki during tonight's show.

"Light Up The World" was less horrible with the choreography. Dianna Agron looked so hot with her new hairstyle and LOL @ Santana. I didn't understand her spanish though, what the hell, chica.

They really got ahead of themselves this season, and tried to do way too many things at once. They were riding the hype of the success of season 1 and they didn't know how to put on the brakes. There were some good story developments, but they were bogged down in gimmicks and seemed to be switched on and off at the drop of a hat.

There's still enough about the show to keep me interested in watching next season, but I really hope they are taking things to heart.

Tighter stories, continuity and consistency is the key. And bringing back some of that dark edge wouldn't hurt either.

gerg

Thanks for all the comments, guys. You've saved me around 45 minutes of my time.

Oh well, here's to a better Season 3.

Wads

Banned
Yeah, that episode was beyond horrible... I wish I could quit watching, but I'll inevitably watch next year... I just hope it isn't a total trainwreck. There were some really good songs / episodes this year, but the plot has become so so horrible...

Vamphuntr

woolley said:
She doesn't want to go home because of Rachel. She wants to go home because Vocal Adrenaline is run like a boot camp and isn't fun and the only way for her to get out of the club is by moving back to her country.

Yet she told Rachel shoud could have been safer with ND but Rachel sent her to a crackhouse. If Rachel had not been jealous she would not have been stuck there.

maharg

idspispopd
I haven't been watching this show at all for about half a season. Frankly, I think the whole thing went to shit a long time ago.

And then I found out who died for the 'funeral' episode, and I had to watch it. And it was a very good episode, mostly. But good god, what can they possibly do with Jane Lynch now? How can that character continue in this show without just shitting on that episode and what happened in it? Please tell me that this was a way of playing her off the show, giving a worthy end to her arc, and they just haven't announced that her contract isn't being renewed next season?

Please?

Cyport

Glee has changed from what it started out to be, they call it progression but actually it's regression.

Just saw the finale and there are so many problems I could point out. I've lost all interest in the relationships within the club as they change too much which I understand is a bit like school, but in a sense it's like Glee can't make it's mind up (try to be a real as high school as possible, or be the fantasy of a show choirmaster). Either way it doesn't work for TV and season 3 will need some big changes if it is to carry on after the main cast go.

However I wouldn't oppose a Rachel, Kurt and Blaine spin off in a New York drama school ala Fame. Provided Ryan Murphy doesn't ruin it!

Anyway it's not completely ruined and I still love this show, I'm going to the live tour in June in London which should be fun! Might take some pics and post here.

Bo130

Weird season finale..

Was it just me, or did they hint on Kurt leaving Blaine? He sang on the stage next to Rachel and might have learned what he really loved as well up there. It seemed like he waited a bit too long, when Blaine said he loved him.

fisheyes

Bo130 said:
Weird season finale..

Was it just me, or did they hint on Kurt leaving Blaine? He sang on the stage next to Rachel and might have learned what he really loved as well up there. It seemed like he waited a bit too long, when Blaine said he loved him.

Huh? 2 minutes before that he said that Blaine was on board to come to New York with him.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Slime said:
Wait, didn't Quinn say she had some sort of "big plans for New York" last episode? What happened to that?

Getting a really cute haircut were apparently her plans.

markatisu

I can't believe they lost again and Sue was completely missing

I thought the same thing about Will as well, the whole point of him doing the summer broadway show was the kids would be out of school so now he is not doing it and screwed his friend lol

At least Sunshine was in it, though they pretty much tanked her character since she is now an slave to Vocal Adrenaline

And after last weeks emphasis on going against Jesse they made Jesse right, so even though he is an ass if they had listened to him they would be through I guess

Neo Child

Banned
markatisu said:
I can't believe they lost again and Sue was completely missing

I thought the same thing about Will as well, the whole point of him doing the summer broadway show was the kids would be out of school so now he is not doing it and screwed his friend lol

At least Sunshine was in it, though they pretty much tanked her character since she is now an slave to Vocal Adrenaline

And after last weeks emphasis on going against Jesse they made Jesse right, so even though he is an ass if they had listened to him they would be through I guess

Shouldn't have come in this thread, just spoiled it for myself. OH well, its Glee i dont care lol. Whens new Cleveland Show airing?

btkadams

Bo130 said:
Weird season finale..

i doubt that, but it could just be because i like blaine so much and want him to stay on the show. i like him more than kurt, though kurt has seemed far less annoying in the last half of this season. i may be starting to warm up to him.

finale was decent, but there was no cliffhangers for next season. everything seemed tied up at the moment. i suppose that should make fans feel good that they aren't left on edge, but it almost is boring.

bengraven

Really weak ending.

maharg said:
I haven't been watching this show at all for about half a season. Frankly, I think the whole thing went to shit a long time ago.

And then I found out who died for the 'funeral' episode, and I had to watch it. And it was a very good episode, mostly. But good god, what can they possibly do with Jane Lynch now? How can that character continue in this show without just shitting on that episode and what happened in it? Please tell me that this was a way of playing her off the show, giving a worthy end to her arc, and they just haven't announced that her contract isn't being renewed next season?

Please?

They need something to remind us that she has a heart while letting her give 110% to pure evil again.

Koomaster

I'm not sure why the kiss was so hated. I thought it fit perfectly with the song and added to the performance. The way the audience (and I guess judges?) reacted was as if it were a gay couple kissing up there or something controversial. 'OMG two people were singing an emotional song and ended it on a kiss, this is the worst thing evar!' That audience must HATE Broadway plays.

The only part of the episode that really made sense was Kurt + Rachel friendship. Two driven people who share a similar dream. I hope once this cast is done with the show, they get a spin off of college/acting life in New York.

red13th

I actually liked the finale. It wasn't awe inspiring, but I don't regret watching it. Good musical numbers. There's no plot but, really, it's Glee, if this season taught me anything is that you don't need a plot for a TV series. My favourite characters (Quinn and Santana) had the best scene too, so that counts. Man I love Quinn as a character and Dianna Agron is so beautiful. I'd go straight for her.

And For Good was amazing, in spite of Kurt. Reminded me of when I first saw Wicked at Gershwin, it's quite an experience. I wish Chris Colfer didn't feel the need to hide his teeth when singing.

edgefusion

Went out like a wet fart. What an absolutely piss-poor way to end the show. I actually went to the wiki to see if there was an episode 23, I just couldn't believe they'd end it on such a terrible episode. Unless season 3 marks some significant changes to the show I am done.

The New York stuff was a lot of fun. I enjoy the show if I take it for what it is and forget all the plot holes. What ever happened to Finn's friend Rachel was going to mentor?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Holy fucking shit at Dianna's new haircut.

Also, while the finale wasn't as good as S1's, I really liked it. "Light Up the World" was great.

Can't wait for S3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom