• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goat Simulator 2014 |OT| You can be a GOAT!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hope you can unlock this finishing move
X9CyM.gif

I pre-ordered after the teaser came out. I cannot wait to mess around this game. Goat trampolines guys! It is going to be awesome.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Fuck it, I'll go ahead and be the one to open that floodgate.

How many months before there's erotic mods?

Within a week I predict the humans will get a nude patch, and that there will be pony models.

Should add multiplayer anyway, dun care if buggy! And reducing the physics for MP should be an option if it'll make mp synch better.

Yeah, I think the pre-order unlock will not be until tonight. Still though, I am excited to get to try it out. The tongue physics are funny to me. Going to be swinging an axe with my tongue.

I still cant believe this is a real game. I thought this was like an internet meme or something.

Yeah I don't understand the goofy physics genre that is developing. This and Surgeon Simulator are things I don't get. I played Trespasser a long time ago and it was not fun. Maybe Trespasser would have been a hit if people could have made funny YouTube videos of it at the time.

I am glad I no longer play on PC if this is where PC games are going.

Nabs

Yeah I don't understand the goofy physics genre that is developing. This and Surgeon Simulator are things I don't get. I played Trespasser a long time ago and it was not fun. Maybe Trespasser would have been a hit if people could have made funny YouTube videos of it at the time.

Yes, this is the future of PC gaming.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Don't know if will get this but the game looks fire. Goats are visually just the funniest looking animal to me. Its just all around hilarious.

Wasn't this game just a side project for some students, and their youtube video blew up so they turned it into a real game?

Installing now =]

It was a prototype sandbox for Sanctum dev's to be tinkering with physics. They released a video and we wanted a release so they obliged.

It's a sandbox with a goat and physics. If you can entertain yourself in that scenario then it's a laugh. If you need goals and things then wait a bit for the community to get involved as the ones in the sim are quite simple.

I'll be dipping into this game on and off for years to come.

I totally agree. No game should be silly and fun just for the sake of being silly and fun. If games like Goat Simulator and Surgeon Sim are made, then somehow games like Star Citizen, Hyper Light Drifter, Kingdom Come, Crusader Kings, ARMA, Fract, Prison Architect, DayZ, Next Car Game, Total War, Dark Souls would cease to exist and no one would ever develop a serious, hardcore game for PC ever again.

Something about this really got your goat, didn't it. Don't worry, it's not all baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

SparkTR

Trespasser is one of my favourite games, I guess playing it long after the performance stopped being an issue helped but man that game had ambition.

I've played a couple of hours so far
(one of the easter eggs made the performance go to shit, so I had to stop)
and have smiled and chuckled on more than one occasion. Dumb fun!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I totally agree. No game should be silly and fun just for the sake of being silly and fun. If games like Goat Simulator and Surgeon Sim are made, then somehow games like Star Citizen, Hyper Light Drifter, Kingdom Come, Crusader Kings, ARMA, Fract, Prison Architect, DayZ, Next Car Game, Total War, Dark Souls would cease to exist and no one would ever develop a serious, hardcore game for PC ever again.

Whatever, Dark Souls is the most dumb fun physics simulator in the world. Those tree cutting guys in Oolacile? Try and tell me you've never intentionally caught one on your foot so you can fast roll and fling their corpse three hundred yards off a cliff.

Chris R

Messed around for a few minutes this morning before heading off for work. Silly and fun, with what looks like a lot of things to go explore and figure out.

Just wish the goat would get up from ragdoll just a little quicker.

People do make YouTube videos about how broken Trespasser is all the time and they are hysterical.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This isn't available until April 1st, yet I see two GAF members playing it right now! These are the kinds of games that I love to waste time in simply having stupid entertaining fun. I may just end up actually buying a Goat Simulator off of Steam, Holy Shit....

Dearly need fainting goats DLC or full game of fainting goats

narcoleptic-goats.gif

LOL, This gif is hilarious.

Top Bottom