• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goat Simulator 2014 |OT| You can be a GOAT!

scsa

I thought I walked into one of those pics that make you laugh threads in off topic.

That banner is killer.

This is the kind of guilty pleasure non-game* I can get behind

*Unless I'm wrong and this has some actual goals (yes, with an L) or rules beyond sandbox hilarity?

Whatever, Dark Souls is the most dumb fun physics simulator in the world. Those tree cutting guys in Oolacile? Try and tell me you've never intentionally caught one on your foot so you can fast roll and fling their corpse three hundred yards off a cliff.
You do realize I was being sarcastic, right? In response to the other poster's claim that he fears silly physics games indicate the future of PC gaming

Tizoc

Oh fuck it, my Amex card is paid off at the end of April by the time I get my payslip, getting this badass mofo.

lem0n

Leaderboards haven't updated yet or something, but I've got 3 billion more score than #1 global right now LOL

More drivel for the Let's Play generation.

Not all of us Let's Players take the "scream at everything" attitude...

Also, it's a game about a goat in which you can blow up gas stations, do crazy backflips and lick cars. It's light-hearted, silly fun and I always appreciate a game that realizes it doesn't have to simulate the real world to possibly be enjoyable.

Anyways, back on topic: what's the craziest thing you guys are planning to do with your goats? I kind of want to see if I can launch mine into space using a well timed explosion and a lucky bounce or two ...

I've been playing it for over an hour. It's amazing.

If you can get an object lodged somewhere, lick it, and then hit the treadmill into the trampoline and KEEP hammering space, you will end up so so so high.

to meet you on your level, do i have to quote the buggy unbalanced mess of a NES game that you have as an avatar?

Yo that's Commando. Did you think it was Metal Gear?

Should I make some comment about how Gyro meat is some unholy amalgamation of beef and lamb that spins on stick for days but people will pay a lot of money to eat it out of a camper truck?

kick51

Banned
I thought that was Commando c-64...

now that i look at it, might be the arcade version. no matter how you cut it, my comment applies :p

Yo that's Commando. Did you think it was Metal Gear?

Should I make some comment about how Gyro meat is some unholy amalgamation of beef and lamb that spins on stick for days but people will pay a lot of money to eat it out of a camper truck?

no, i recognized it as commando.

and no you shouldn't because I don't actually care about that as much as you care about a video game being released that you don't like.

Escape Goat 2 and Goat Simulator. The Chinese horoscope is wrong. Year of the horse my arse, this is the year of the goat.

Cannot wait for finals to be done in a couple of months so I can give this a spin.

Yep. I think the PC community only buys games that are great if you can yell over them in a YouTube video.
Because surely having fun is not the point of a video game. Seriously, stop acting like your tastes are so much better than other people. Can you not let people just enjoy a silly video game? Despite your attitude, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a game of Happy Wheels.

Cth

Y'know how Sonic Racing Transformed gives Mario Kart a run for it's money?

Goat Simulator does that for the Tony Hawk genre. Lots of hidden content here, well worth the purchase, IMO.

Looking forward to all the user generated content.

Goat Simulator does that for the Tony Hawk genre. Lots of hidden content here, well worth the purchase, IMO.

Looking forward to all the user generated content.

I kind of see it like Gary's Mod in which you can make crazy content for the game. Although it is nice they give you a sandbox mode just to mess around with at the start. I want to see how many things I can lick.

I saw the thread title:
Thread: Goat Simulator 2014 |OT| You can be a GOAT!

I thought "seriously?"

Then, I saw these:

iETMvpwuRB2LQ.gif

Now, I think "I wanna play it!"

Top Bottom