• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater: Resurrection |OT| "You have three orders..."

Man that really sucks that PC players have to wait for GE2 to come out instead of playing now. Does the PC version at least have online co op in it?

MilkBeard

Any reviews for this game?

Curious about this. Probably going to pick it up and play later.

EDIT: Wait a sec....can't buy standalone on PS4? And God Eater 2 is $80 without the option to buy seperate? Not happy about this. I would have gladly bought Resurrection standalone. Not going to buy now...

EDIT: Wait a sec....can't buy standalone on PS4? And God Eater 2 is $80 without the option to buy seperate? Not happy about this. I would have gladly bought Resurrection standalone. Not going to buy now...

Namco Bandai's twitter has said there should be a standalone version on the PS store. It's an error and they're looking into it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They tried to spruce it up in this version of the game but it is straight inferior to GE2:RB.

The biggest problems are
-Blood artes gone, as a result a huge part of gameplay is gone. Some of the blood artes change character movement drastically. The predator system they put in pales in comparison.
-Less characters and shorter story.
-Fewer maps this is a huge problem as hunting games are already repetitive but this compounds the issue.

The only god eater game I haven't platinumed, just couldn't keep playing after finishing the story. Went back to RB.

You do realize that blood arts are gone because its not part of the story right?

Based off of the first game so its not like the story is going to get magically longer.

Same as the above.

MilkBeard

Namco Bandai's twitter has said there should be a standalone version on the PS store. It's an error and they're looking into it.

Ok sweet. That would be a real missed opportunity for them to introduce the series to people for cheap. I'll definitely spend $20 to try it out. :)

I played a little bit but it's late and I'm tired. Just did a few tutorial bits and the menus and sub menus seems so complicated with various stats and stuff. Information overload. Is this a hard game to get to grips with? Looks like it has a steep learning curve like Toukiden? Is it solo friendly and still fun in sp?
I know nothing about GE and only dabbled for a few hours in MH

Dominator

Just gonna get the physical release of GE2 so I'll be able to get this one. Pretty pumped about it since I always wanted to try it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Who's the dark skinned girl in the front of the group in the OT banner? She looks pretty awesome.

sensui-tomo

you mean $60 right... if you're in canada you do know it wont be $20 for the standalone version right.. $20 is US dollar not CAD

ramyeon

Will probably buy this standalone.

I platinumed the Japanese version of GE2 on Vita but have never played the original or Rage Burst. Wanna get RB physical later on.

Who's the dark skinned girl in the front of the group in the OT banner? She looks pretty awesome.

Not remembering her face from Burst, the anime, and also not finding her on the wiki I can only see one or two options (since this is supposed to be official art).

1 - It's meant to be "you"
2 - It's a character exclusive to Resurrection, which I have not played ever, so I wouldn't know. The Internet doesn't show me much.

Do the base game(s) come with all the DLC?

So yeah it should from the get-go. Lenka was in my menus as an option for the face, haircut, eyes and voice. I haven't gotten too far, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his anime costume (which I have seen folks wearing online), and all other visual goodies are selectable on the main computer hub, where you go to manage inventory and what you look like. Will get back to you on this one in a few minutes, if no one else can.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Not remembering her face from Burst, the anime, and also not finding her on the wiki I can only see one or two options (since this is supposed to be official art).
2 - It's a character exclusive to Resurrection, which I have not played ever, so I wouldn't know. The Internet doesn't show me much.

Interesting. Was hoping she was her own person, but if I can make my character look like her then I'm down. :)

New character models and smoother animation are cool. Heh also digging Sakaki's new voice direction and how they actually translated the Japanese characters from screens around Fenrir and such. Also in general all voice work and script have been improved a ton.

Interesting. Was hoping she was her own person, but if I can make my character look like her then I'm down. :)

I haven't found any info on her online, so she must be. I am boring and went with Lenka instead, but Resurrection gives you a ton of customization options for your character. Idk about if you'll be able to match her clothes at the start since you unlock more as you play, but I wouldn't be shocked if the game had something close to that, with the game's emphasis on character's individual fashion styles during a post-apocalyptic and all ahaha

RedFury

So disappointed, was so excited bought it the moment went live...I got it for vita when I'm trying to get it for PS4. Have a vita but it's dead and it's killing me. It my second vita (1000) that I can't use because the plug just doesn't work, gone through 4. Nothing is wrong with the plugs physically they work for a couple days and stop working. I think it's the port in my vita. Anyway got a refund from Sony so I can get the correct game the moment it hits stores...then they tell me I have to wait 3-5 business days to get my money -_-

Man the scythe is so much fun!! I just had to pick that as soon I could change equipment. Scythes were only introduced in the second game, having them in this one now is great.

Also PSA, I suggest going through the options to everyone playing. Game allows your experience and UI quite extensibly. For instance, the "Far" Camera type is perfect for me since it allows you to see a lot more on the field. Button configuration changes can go a long way too, I recommend MH/Toukiden players going with Type A or C. The game also seems to have a "colour adjustment" option, which makes colours brighter. Not sure if I like it on my OLED, but it may look better on the Slim Vita models.

ChrisDM

So yeah it should from the get-go. Lenka was in my menus as an option for the face, haircut, eyes and voice. I haven't gotten too far, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his anime costume (which I have seen folks wearing online), and all other visual goodies are selectable on the main computer hub, where you go to manage inventory and what you look like. Will get back to you on this one in a few minutes, if no one else can.

New character models and smoother animation are cool. Heh also digging Sakaki's new voice direction and how they actually translated the Japanese characters from screens around Fenrir and such. Also in general all voice work and script have been improved a ton.

Keep posting impressions! Being stuck in class is the worst right now. Dying to redeem that PSN credit I have and get that sweet preorder. Happy to hear that the voice acting and writing is better! :D Can't wait to play with fellow GAFers too.

SMK

Man the scythe is so much fun!! I just had to pick that as soon I could change equipment. Scythes were only introduced in the second game, having them in this one now is great.

Also PSA, I suggest going through the options to everyone playing. Game allows your experience and UI quite extensibly. For instance, the "Far" Camera type is perfect for me since it allows you to see a lot more on the field. Button configuration changes can go a long way too, I recommend MH/Toukiden players going with Type A or C. The game also seems to have a "colour adjustment" option, which makes colours brighter. Not sure if I like it on my OLED, but it may look better on the Slim Vita models.

Yeah I had to immediately zoom the camera out.

Lenka's cool cape not come for free! Go to the vendor, and select Buy Equipment > Outfit Tops and you will find it there. It is called "Vagrant" and it's worth 1000fc.

Another tip: read the game's instructions. Quick devour for example is super useful and important against bigger a quicker foes. It allows you to remain mobile without having to charge and can be used mid-combo. Stuff like this is detailed both on the game's instruction manual and the game's database, which can be accessed from any computer within the hub.

Mentok

Banned
*sigh* I can't wait for my hard copy of RB to come in August, then I'll sink hundreds of hours into these two games!! In the meantime I'll just read opinions here and drool.

ChrisDM

Lenka's cool cape not come for free! Go to the vendor, and select Buy Equipment > Outfit Tops and you will find it there. It is called "Vagrant" and it's worth 1000fc.

Another tip: read the game's instructions. Quick devour for example is super useful and important against bigger a quicker foes. It allows you to remain mobile without having to charge and can be used mid-combo. Stuff like this is detailed both on the game's instruction manual and the game's database, which can be accessed from any computer within the hub.

How's the tutorial system though or will I be learning about most mechanics through the menu/game database? Not an issue of course, but tutorial parts would surely be nice.

How's the tutorial system though or will I be learning about most mechanics through the menu/game database? Not an issue of course, but tutorial parts would surely be nice.

Tutorials only teach you the very basics. A lot of it comes down to experimentation. Like for instance, each weapon type has different combos and feel different. Then you can mix and match using a certain blade with a certain characteristic and a certain gun type will play differently than if you have two different others. You could use a short blade to be fast and nimble while in blade mode, then switch to your gun that is a sniper and attack from a distance. Or you could have a buster sword which is slow, and an assault gun for a fast rate of fire with low Oracle consumption.

Hunting game? So it's like monster hunter? Is it mainly an online multiplayer like monster hunter or normal single player story? never played any of the games.

Big0Bear

I saw that if you preorder part 2 on psn you get instant access to resurrection. Does that mean you can play resurrection today? Sorry if this has already been answered

fuck it I got it. Seems like of the three games that I can play today (technomancer, star ocean and this) it seems like the bigger deal and has the better ratings (if burst only slightly beating technomancer)

Korezo

Do you farm monsters in this game for materials to craft to get better gear like armors and weapons? Or is the only thing that changes the weapons? Basically I lobe games like MH where I make my characters look better by getting armors and cool weapons, its what gets me to keep playing.

fuck it I got it. Seems like of the three games that I can play today (technomancer, star ocean and this) it seems like the bigger deal and has the better ratings (if burst only slightly beating technomancer)

Surprised you didn't get ZTD. Didn't play the other 2 games?

Do you farm monsters in this game for materials to craft to get better gear like armors and weapons? Or is the only thing that changes the weapons? Basically I lobe games like MH where I make my characters look better by getting armors and cool weapons, its what gets me to keep playing.

You get to craft all kinds of equipment including top and bottom outfits. Granted these are regular clothes and not like anything from MH, so you won't really see an Aragami head as a helmet lol. But yeah those and blades, guns, shields, expendables, upgrades... tons of crafting here friend.

The fuck is a ztd? I'll eventually get technomancer once its closer to 50 on consoles as it looks like a fun game but not worth it for the 20 dollar console tax. Star ocean I've heard the story is bland and in an rpg I care more for story and characters than the gameplay.

The fuck is a ztd? I'll eventually get technomancer once its closer to 50 on consoles as it looks like a fun game but not worth it for the 20 dollar console tax. Star ocean I've heard the story is bland and in an rpg I care more for story and characters than the gameplay.

Yeah those two seemed to be on the lower end of the spectrum reviews wise. I wonder how GE will fare these days. Burst has a 71 back in the day on the PSP. I'll be interested to see how the West reacts to the same game with the remaster polish treatment and all.

It's almost like this was on purpose. Or maybe they didn't plan to have a standalone purchase available, and then they changed their mind.

Truth be told, and as much as I love the series I think so too. They always talked about Resurrection as if it was just the pre-order incentive. Then out of the blue they say it'll be available the next day or two, or whatnot... hmmmm. Strange. But hey, if that means a lot more folks will be able to play it this early, then I'm happy. More people to join us here!

Top Bottom