• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Fixed that for ya.

Also note that if this is a prequel, it only has to happen before the start of the main story in the first GoW, not before the flashbacks (although technically, most of the game is a flashback).

Do you still work at SSM? (Forgive me if I'm confusing you with someone else.)

If you do, tell us all the things. Thank you.

I am reading the God Of War Comic Books. If Ascension follows that part of the story, then the game will be so great. The story focuses on a more human and caring Kratos fighting not for revenge and personal satisfaction but for other people and his family, add to that the wager game and the great settings and battles. I won't spoil it, just read it.

MrPliskin

Banned
So should we assume this is releasing in 2012? Or early 2013? The only reason I ask is because Sony has been running this teaser on Hulu+ like crazy.

MrPliskin

Banned
My guess is March, the traditional month for GoW releases.

I wonder why they're starting the hype train so early? Big media event, commercials, etc.

Does Sony have anything major planned for this holiday release? I just get the feeling that this is coming sooner than we think.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder why they're starting the hype train so early? Big media event, commercials, etc.

Does Sony have anything major planned for this holiday release? I just get the feeling that this is coming sooner than we think.
Could be. They may want to have heir big exclusive to go toe to toe with Halo 4.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
exposed!

I totally cringe sometimes when I read old posts of mine.

Me too. Hell, I sometimes cringe reading posts of mine from just a few days prior.
KuGsj.gif

KingK

Shit, all the noise around the Battle Royale reveal made me forget that this was being actually revealed on Monday. Can't wait to actually see it.

I'll be taking an econ final at 8 am Monday. Unless that's PST and not EST.

Loudninja

Shit, all the noise around the Battle Royale reveal made me forget that this was being actually revealed on Monday. Can't wait to actually see it.

I'll be taking an econ final at 8 am Monday. Unless that's PST and not EST.
LBPK next week as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope that "Talking about GOW:A" means "Showing direct feed gameplay of GOW:A."

Also, isn't 8 AM kind of a weird time for a live stream, at least for West coasters?

I think the reason it's 8AM is because they've probably shown it to the press and there's an embargo up at 9am PST, the usual time they run out. They probably want to get gameplay out before impressions/interviews.

I can´t wait for this. I really hope that SSM has tweaked the engine so the game could run at 60fps all the time.

I wonder if they can up the Poseidon/Cronos fight.

I hope the fact that the director need to come over for Q&A in a game announcement meant that Ascension is different enough than the standard GoW that they need Todd Pappy to be there answering questions to prevent people from jumping to conclusion because of some changes them make.

otherwise, they could simply reveal a trailer.

it's like how PSAllStar need the director to come and tell you the game mechanic and why they do things the way they do etc because things like that is hard to tell in a simple trailer.

Top Bottom