• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

Drencrom

Before people ask who he is, i'll say it. He's the PR Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. So, yup.

Hugo Bustillos
@NOTORIOUSxHUG
AFI, hardcore, tattoos, drug free, international gentleman of leisure. 1 half of Dollar $andwich. I'm the big spoon. Fuck you, pay me.

qnN2o.gif

You're joking right?

the first screen of GoW3 that make me really think it's special is the one with bloody Kratos ripping Cyclops eyeball out. can't wait to see what SSM has been doing all this time. they actually got more than the standard 2 years dev cycle on this. without having to make a whole new engine. I hope it's packed with content, environment variety, epic bosses etc.

AAK

Isn't that GOW:A director (or is he producer?) talking about the game? The reactions also seem like someone watching something from a GOW game

At the end of their playthrough, the SSM guy said "Akileez" in the end giving the notion that he won a competitive match. That's what gives me the inclination that they were playing Sony Smash Bros. Also, the tester was actually recorded many many months even before the tester was even premiered. So at that point in time it might still have been too early for a playable build of GOW:A.

MrPliskin

Banned
I'm aware that it wasn't gangsta but I didn't have a name for what he's supposed to be. Thanks for the info though.

Seems like you're aware of a lot of things, but still grasping at straws to laugh at him? It's pretty clear his info is almost 100% joking, and not meant to personify him in anyway (you know, like thousands of other twitter accounts out there).

Darknight

I'm sure the footage is gonna kick ass. Not sure why this announcement of this game had a lot of drama around here. Seem are pissed Sony is announcing bunch of new titles for the ps3. Lol can't wait!

Himself

So hyped. I'm playing through the Origins collection for the first time right now and loving it. Ready at Dawn kicks ass. I'd love to see them responsible for GoW 4.

Drencrom

Seems like you're aware of a lot of things, but still grasping at straws to laugh at him? It's pretty clear his info is almost 100% joking, and not meant to personify him in anyway (you know, like thousands of other twitter accounts out there).

Well his info and tweets with tags like #InternationalGentlemanOfLeisure and #diamondlife was a bit laughable so I really wasn't grasping at straws.
But if he's is joking with his info and all, why am I not allowed to laugh? :lol

At the end of their playthrough, the SSM guy said "Akileez" in the end giving the notion that he won a competitive match. That's what gives me the inclination that they were playing Sony Smash Bros. Also, the tester was actually recorded many many months even before the tester was even premiered. So at that point in time it might still have been too early for a playable build of GOW:A.

even at many month before the tester began, that's already almost 2 year since GoW3...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
even at many month before the tester began, that's already almost 2 year since GoW3...

I was going to say something similar. It seems like All-Stars and GOW:A have probably been in development for a similar amount of time. And GOW:A probably got a huge head start in terms of the engine and assets.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Fucking time zones. I need this!

Is it confirmed that they'll show gameplay?

PSBlog said:
Be sure to tune in to PlayStation.Blog and God of War: Ascension on Facebook on Monday, April 30th at 8am Pacific Time for a live streaming event that will give you a glimpse of what’s in store for God of War: Ascension.

I'm preparing for major disappointment (in terms of how much they show). Seems insane that they would release a dumb teaser and then tease a future event and then not show anything substantial again, but who knows what they're thinking. It sounds like some journalists have seen *something* though, so we'll probably at least get a few pics and impressions. I'd still find that to be offensively bad PR after two teases in a row.

Yep pretty much.

Endless optimism.

Loudninja

I'm preparing for major disappointment (in terms of how much they show). Seems insane that they would release a dumb teaser and then tease a future event and then not show anything substantial again, but who knows what they're thinking. It sounds like some journalists have seen *something* though, so we'll probably at least get a few pics and impressions. I'd still find that to be offensively bad PR after two teases in a row.

Endless optimism.
The embargo ends tomorrow.

So pics, videos and previews.

GeoramA

Game footage is confirmed:

PS Blog said:
At 8am Pacific, we’re unveiling the newest God of War live, directly from Santa Monica Studios. You’ll see new game footage, and Game Director Todd Papy will answer reader questions on air. You can watch it here on PlayStation Blog, Facebook, or on our Ustream page. Whichever way works best for you, set your alarm, take an early lunch, or make whatever arrangements you have to. I’ll see you Monday morning.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/29/playstation-around-the-web-what-we-read-181/

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Thanks. I felt like I had seen an explicit statement about it somewhere but couldn't remember where.
It'd be pretty stupid of them not to release gameplay footage imo. There's a lot of cynicism in the press and elsewhere regarding yet another prequel to the GoW franchise. The sooner they can get jaws on the floor the better.

I totally agree it would be stupid. I was just concerned because of the conservative wording of the original blog post.

Endo Punk

Got my ass handed to me by Chaos Hercules :(

Well tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day. Expecting to be blown away and I will not have anything less.

Loudninja's endless optimism for all things Sony might eclipse HylianTom's love of all things Nintendo.

We need a Microsoft version, and then they'll battle it out for NeoGaf Fanboy of the Year™.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Game footage is confirmed:

At 8am Pacific, we’re unveiling the newest God of War live, directly from Santa Monica Studios. You’ll see new game footage, and Game Director Todd Papy will answer reader questions on air. You can watch it here on PlayStation Blog, Facebook, or on our Ustream page. Whichever way works best for you, set your alarm, take an early lunch, or make whatever arrangements you have to. I’ll see you Monday morning.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/29/playstation-around-the-web-what-we-read-181/

Good. I was getting sick of watching the old one over and over again.

Top Bottom