• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

Santa Monica has 2 teams like ND now. Stig is working with the other team on a new IP
Santa Monica only has two teams? This gen alone they worked on Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Sorcery, God of War III, a bunch of PSN games like Fat Princess, Flower, Journey, and are currently known to be working on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and God of War: Ascension. Would surprise me if they only have two teams.

Clipper

For the new page:
gowtimes.png

KingK

Santa Monica only has two teams? This gen alone they worked on Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Sorcery, God of War III, a bunch of PSN games like Fat Princess, Flower, Journey, and are currently known to be working on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and God of War: Ascension. Would surprise me if they only have two teams.

I think they have 2 main development teams, and then another, smaller group that lends assistance to other devs. There's probably some flow of employees between all the groups or something though.

I think they have 2 main development teams, and then another, smaller group that lends assistance to other devs. There's probably some flow of employees between all the groups or something though.
I think their assistance team is divided up as well. Just saying this because during the build up for Twisted Metal I constantly saw interviews with the same few people from Santa Monica and for Starhawk a different group of the same people at Santa Monica over and over again. I don't really know though.

The only games you mentioned that were actually made by SSM are God of War 3 and Ascension

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Just tweeted by SSM

"Sony Santa Monica ‏ @SonySantaMonica
T-minus 12 hours, and a huge piece of the #GodOfWarAscension puzzle comes into focus..."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They have said nothing. Really weird that that stupid teaser was hyped more than this supposed gameplay reveal.

I'm expecting a relatively short (~1-3 minute) video that gets mass distributed to gaming sites on Monday immediately after the reveal, with the big show off of the game at E3.

Something like the Halo 4 video (a few short clips interspersed in what is mostly developers talking) also seems plausible.

The only games you mentioned that were actually made by SSM are God of War 3 and Ascension
Santa Monica works on a ton of games. They co-developed Warhawk with Incognito, co-developed Twisted Metal with Eat, Sleep, Play, co-developed Starhawk with Lightbox Interactive, and they're co-developing All Stars Battle Royale with Superbot. If you want, here is a full link of games they either developed all by themselves or assisted in development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Santa_Monica_Studio

Only games on that list that they don't directly develop are the PixelJunk games. Surprised so many people think all they do is God of War. And over the years every time a job listing comes up at Sony Santa Monica for "vehicular combat experience" or "shooter experience" and all that stuff they always seem to forget the other games they play a hand in developing.

RPGCrazied

interested in seeing gameplay, not really excited it being a prequel though. So what, its going to be him when he is with the spartan army?

salromano

GamesRadar:

Link doesn't work yet: http://www.gamesradar.com/god-war-ascension-multiplayer-preview/
See excerpt here: http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/god-war-ascension/

God of War: Ascension multiplayer preview - Surprise! Four on four competitive God of War battles

Check out our video preview for the first God of War: Ascension gameplay

God of War has multiplayer now. That's a thing. The upcoming PS3 prequel will feature four on four multiplayer modes, and we've had a chance to see one in action. How does it work? Check out our preview for the first details and God of War: Ascension gameplay footage... » Read Full God of War: Ascension preview

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Haha thats awesome

Oh come on.
I need to see it of course. I'm just not sure how well the power that GoW gameplay conveys would translate to competitive MP. Although finishers could be great. I'm not much of an MP fan anyway so don't mind me. I was actually hoping for co-op. I should have elaborated a bit more in that post since I realized that's one of the knee jerk responses I hate as well. My bad.

Loudninja

I need to see it of course. I'm just not sure how well the power that GoW gameplay conveys would translate to MP. Although finishers could be great. I'm not much of an MP fan anyway so don't mind me. I should have elaborated a bit more in that post since I realized that's one of the knee jerk responses I hate as well. My bad.
Hehe dude I didn't mean it like that.

Its just I heard it before. :)

Top Bottom