• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

tass0

Banned
Online God of War 3?

OH GOD NO

62906-noooo.jpg

Loudninja

AAK said:
Damn, well Bayonetta might be the last great Single Player Action game to ever be released.
...what are you talking about?So just because its rumor to have co-op it wont be a great single player experience?Where did I hear this before?

JB1981

some type of co-op mode is a necessity in todays' market. a smart move. looking forward to what they have in store. hopefully the single player campaign has received the same level of attention as past titles.

AAK

Loudninja said:
...what are you talking about?So just because its rumor to have co-op it wont be a great single player experience?Where did I hear this before?

See: Resident Evil 5.

LowParry

templeusox said:
What if one person is a titan and the other is Kratos? Think about it.

Whaaa? What in the world would you do as a titan? Kratos freaking scales those things, remember?

AAK

Hey, it's a deathmatch style afair or horde muder and crap, I'm ok with it.

But Stay the **** away from the campaign.

Lyonaz

GAF's ability to overreact and bitch and moan about the smallest things over rumors even never ceases to amaze me.:lol :lol

Hopefully they won't wait too long to make any online official. I would hate to see some of you agonize over whether an unconfirmed rumor has ruined a game you haven't played yet.

ravien56

BobTheFork said:
Hopefully they won't wait too long to make any online official. I would hate to see some of you agonize over whether an unconfirmed rumor has ruined a game you haven't played yet.
:lol :lol
This.

Cyberia

And it's not an insignificant bonus. When I started up the version of God of War in Collection for the first time, I was shocked at how great it looked. And then later, when I tried God of War 2 -- the game many said should have been on PS3 in the first place -- I was even more impressed. That initial shock value that both games provide is extremely impressive. For the first 10 minutes or so of each game, it felt like I was playing something new.

But that's what God of War Collection is all about -- it's not a comprehensive museum-style release with tons of improvements, new bonus features, Chains of Olympus, Betrayal, etc., but instead a great rerelease of two of the best games of all time in high definition. Here's hoping Sony continues the trend with another critical darling pair of games soon.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3176935

A

VegaShinra

The God of War Collection is the perfect title to close out 2009. The updated graphics and trophy support will keep you coming back until March hits with the release of God of War III. Containing two of the best PS2 games for only $40, this collection is a steal. If you missed out on these two titles in the past, then this is the perfect time to play the definitive version of each title. God of War Collection is a must-own for any PS3 owner.

Examiner

9/10

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Getting excited! Haven't played any of the games before, and I really liked the GoW III demo, so I'm sure I'm in for something awesome. Unfortunately, as I'm in Sweden, I'll probably not get my copy until next week, but it sure beats wating for the (yet without a hint of a release date or even a confirmation of existing) European version.

spats

RoadHazard said:
Getting excited! Haven't played any of the games before, and I really liked the GoW III demo, so I'm sure I'm in for something awesome. Unfortunately, as I'm in Sweden, I'll probably not get my copy until next week, but it sure beats wating for the (yet without a hint of a release date or even a confirmation of existing) European version.

They did say SCEE is bringing it over, but we would have to wait until next year. Sorry I can't find you the source. Might've been on ps blog.

ACE 1991

I've never played the first two games, super pumped for this collection. For those who have never played 1 or 2, how do they stack up against each other?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
spats said:
They did say SCEE is bringing it over, but we would have to wait until next year. Sorry I can't find you the source. Might've been on ps blog.

The only thing I've heard SCEE say is that they're not sure if they're going to bring it over, but that if they do it it won't happen until next year. Have they since said that they're definitely doing it? Well, I don't want to wait to find out, I want to play it now (and be done well before GoW III is released).

ACE 1991 said:
I've never played the first two games, super pumped for this collection. For those who have never played 1 or 2, how do they stack up against each other?
The second game is a larger and also more tightly scripted experience; the first game is better at symmetrical design that highlights the progress you've made in your journey (both in the design of its megadungeon and in the way that the 'go forth and return' structure of the plot works out) in an immensely satisfying fashion. Also the way their stories are told and the level of character development are different, but I enjoy both. Think of GoW1 as a circle representing the archetypal hero's journey with some really amazing stuff along the way, think of GoW2 as a fairly linear roller coaster ride representing ass and kicking it.

Just play them, though, you should enjoy both a good deal.

Struct09

ACE 1991 said:

Both are epic, but God of War 2 more so. Play them in order to appreciate the epicness of both.

jorma

is now taking requests
VegaShinra said:
Hands-On: God of War Collection: Never Been Better

Sony ends 2009 with a great game. Next week will be a busy week of gaming.

If you haven’t played these two titles before, that’s disappointing, but now you get a second chance to play the definitive versions of each title, respectively.

Is it just me or is this word popping up more frequently now? Ah, i probably just didnt pay attention to it prior to Forza 3

Why For?

Banned
ordered this yesterday off eStarland.

I'm from Australia, but I heard we MIGHT not even be gettign the collection. So for $37.95US plus $7US it comes to $49AU which is great.

I already own the originals on PS2, but in HD and with trophies, this is a no brainer.

Can't wait.

I'm kinda looking forward to reading 1st timers play this game, sorta like what happened with people who started playing the MGS series in the run up to MGS4. There are so many "OMFG" moments in these games, especially GOW2.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I'm kinda looking forward to reading 1st timers play this game, sorta like what happened with people who started playing the MGS series in the run up to MGS4. There are so many "OMFG" moments in these games, especially GOW2.

I tried playing through the first game when it was released and it didn't enjoy it that much. I enjoyed the God of War III demo and look forward to giving this a second shot. So, will this be in tomorrow or is tomorrow the ship date?

yamo

Eurogafer ordering from USA. Really excited as I used to be a pc only gamer the whole last 2 console generations, and never played any of the games before. Hopefully i'll get it sometime next week. :D

TMoss

To be clear, it's 960x1080 mode scaled to 1920x1080. This is commonly known as half 1080 mode.

In my opinion, 720p displayed on a 1080p TV is more visually appealing. But depending on the crispness of your tv this might not always be true. So Bluepoint added it anyway.

TMoss said:
To be clear, it's 960x1080 mode scaled to 1920x1080. This is commonly known as half 1080 mode.

In my opinion, 720p displayed on a 1080p TV is more visually appealing. But depending on the crispness of your tv this might not always be true. So Bluepoint added it anyway.

Do you have a review copy or anything to know that? There are plenty of 1080p modes between that and true HD.

Anyway, that's still 115200 more pixels, or a resolution increase of 12.5%. Maybe not a big deal, but the pixel counters will surely be all for it.

ChryZ said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...h-god-of-war-collection-developer-commentary/

They managed to get 1080p mode in! It was mentioned around 5m10s.

If this is what I think this is then it's the "cheat" for GoW2 that I was talking about earlier and I was asking Jim what happens when you enter the cheat!! There is a "High Definition mode" cheat in God of War 2 where the game ran at 576p (If I'm correct) if you enter "L1, L2, L3, Circle and Square" simultaneously before the "SCEA Presents" screen showed up.

I guess they 1UP-ed the cheat and added 1080p mode since 576p doesn't make sense for a 720p game.

Jim, please confirm!! :D

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
shagg_187 said:
If this is what I think this is then it's the "cheat" for GoW2 that I was talking about earlier and I was asking Jim what happens when you enter the cheat!! There is a "High Definition mode" cheat in God of War 2 where the game ran at 576p (If I'm correct) if you enter "L1, L2, L3, Circle and Square" simultaneously before the "SCEA Presents" screen showed up.

Jim, please confirm!! :D

That cheat only worked in the NTSC version. We PALGAFfers were shit out of luck :(

Top Bottom