• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War coming to PC on January 14

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think apologies are in order. When I said Sony will bring all their games to PC, I was mocked and harassed on this very forum just a year or two ago.
Fight Club Hug GIF

Awesome, it’s truly one of the best games ever. Hope the PC crowd appreciate it! I’d double dip but it’ll never beat the first time playing it, so I’ll wait patiently for the sequel.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man...if Only PC harware wasn't so ridiculously expensive right now
Actually, having just bought a new CPU, Motherboard, RAM and SSD, they are all pretty cheap. Competition in the CPU space has forced Intel to reduce prices. you can get an 8 core 16 thread CPU that hits 4.8 Ghz for just $250.

SSD prices are dropping now that Gen 4 SSDs are finally being mass produced. lots of competition. I picked up a 7GBps 980 Pro for just $190. Gen 3 with 3.5 GBps is only $99. Several brands a around $100 for Gen 4 SSDs.

GPUs are the only thing that is overpriced at the moment, and sadly thats the most important thing.

BigBeauford

This is incredible news for those who left consoles behind. GoW3 was my last play in the series. This looks very different so I hope I won't be disappointed.

Larxia

Hopefully there will be a FOV setting / option to move the camera further back, I don't like the narrow camera of the original, but the rest of the game seems really cool.

cormack12

Gold Member
Our PC version includes a wide range of graphical presets and options so you can fine-tune your visual experience based on your setup. From higher resolution shadows and improved screen space reflections to enhancements to the ambient occlusion pipeline with GTAO and SSDO – God of War on the PC can create striking visual quality unique to the platform.

We’re also happy to announce that we will have full integration with NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) available on RTX. You won’t have to sacrifice high graphical settings and output resolutions for high performance in God of War.

In addition to DLSS we will also have NVIDIA Reflex low latency technology available. Reflex delivers a more responsive experience allowing you to react quicker and hit harder combos.

Alongside the graphic and performance improvements, we are also offering 21:9 ultra-widescreen support.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Here is the blogpost:

They also sold nearly 20 million copies.

We’re thrilled to announce that God of War (2018) will be coming to PC on January 14, 2022! All of us at Santa Monica Studio have been humbled by the immense amount of support and passions fans of the God of War series have shown in the latest chapter of Kratos’ story since its release. As of August 2021, 19.5MM copies for God of War on PlayStation 4 have been sold through and we can’t wait to share that experience with a whole new group of players on PC.

Kilau

they have being clear about their plans to expand to pc, mobile, streaming, but they are also clear about their own platform being the priority.
I know they have been clear in stating that but they have been anything but clear when communicating what and when.

spons

Gold Member
Seems like a good port, at least on paper. Good thing they're spending time and money on this instead of rushing out inferior products on PC.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
The game was so good im gonna buy it again to play it on my 3080 ti. Keep them coming sony, let the other players also enjoy this masterpiece.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good news PC gamers. Here come the games! Oddly, GOW is coming out before UC4.

Horizon
DG
God of War
UC4/LL

Last edited:

Midn1ght

I remember rumors about God of War coming to PC but this is still a "out of nowhere" kind of announcement.

Last game I bought Day 1 was No Man's Sky in 2016. Guess GOW is the next one.

Thanks Sony, now the Last of Us please.

Also, first Sony game to get DLSS support? (unless you count Death Stranding).

Nice.

Last edited:
PS consoles are becoming useless
Why would I wait 4 years to play a God of War game?

Sales for the game are officially about to hit 20M. It was announced today.
That's more than all other God of War games together. Everyone on Sony's ecosystem that wanted this have played it by now.
I'm sure most people that play on Sony's consoles would rather spend only 400/500 $/€ on a console and play a game on day one than waiting almost half a decade for a port and play it with all the extras on a 1500/2000$ machine.
Sony isn't doing this to lose their market share.
They just want to expand on it outside of their hardware machine.

Last edited:

TTOOLL

After selling almost 20 million copies…why not? Good move by Sony I guess, as long as they keep releasing for PC long after the PS4/5 versions.

Top Bottom