• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War coming to PC on January 14

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Meh, wake me when Demon's soul is on PC
It already is!

dark-souls-dance.gif

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It surprising how many people will buy games on PC that have been out a few years on console.
I would of thought ppl who want to play GOW would not want wait so long.

Topher

Gold Member
With so many games on PC now, they really need some sort of PS integration with trophies and such. Maybe even synching your saves across versions.

That would really be awesome. I would love for Sony to work that out with Steam.

not much point having a Playstation anymore!

Sure there is. Now if Sony were to release games day one on PC then maybe, but I still think that's doubtful.

Last edited:

JCK75

Nice - it's the last game I intend to finish but have not yet, and now I don't need to hook my PS4 pro back up to do so.

Shmunter

With so many games on PC now, they really need some sort of PS integration with trophies and such. Maybe even synching your saves across versions.
Yeah, shoulda laid a psn foundation onto pc as the first thing. But Sony half arsed it as usual.

Holammer

So GoW is coming in January? One of the worst months for any sort of media.

qdYad46.jpg

With this and Uncharted early 2022, how about October to December? The best time of the year to sell everything, including games. I sure hope they have another surprise announcement about to be published.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So far, Horizon, DG, GOW, UC/LL are going PC. And GOW is Jan 14 and UC/LL is "early 2022". So the games coming out faster. As I said in an old post, they are playing catch up with the back catalog and have enough for one per quarter. Although it might be two in Q1 if UC4 hits.

They are all heavy SP games. I'd say out of the key games Sony has left, the rest go in this order:

1. Ghost of Tsushima - summer 2022
2. R&C - Q4 2022
3. LoU 1 - Q1 2023

I'll put these as later as it looks like they dont care so much for MP gaming on PC. And spread out LoU games a bit.

4. Dreams - Q2 2023
5. LoU2 - late 2023
6. GT - late 2023

I'll put Spiderman as an exclusive. Not sure why, but out of all their games I have this weird feeling if something is going to be 100% exclusive it's this franchise.

Last edited:

Ellery

Awesome for PC only people.

Sony exclusive games are really in a class of their own and 2022 will be a feast for PC gamers with Uncharted Collection and God of War. Easily two of the highest quality games out there.

kyliethicc

The rumor of a Bloodborne remaster makes me think that remaster is gonna come to PC. The PS4 version is probably too scuffed to release on PC. I say this because there is no PS4Pro or PS5 version. Nobody touching that game lmao.
The rumor from Colin Moriarty said explicitly that the remaster is for both PS5 and PC.

Only way Bloodborne ever gets a 60 FPS remaster on PS5 is if they port it to PC as well. Jimbo wants dat Steam $

These are also making their way to PC:

Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tsushima
Demon's Souls
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet & Clank (probably 2016 one)
Well every major 1st party PS4 game is going to PC eventually. Jimbo made that clear.

Ghost, TLOU2, GT7, HFW, Spidey, Bloodborne, etc.

Not sure if 2016 Ratchet is big enough for them to both porting tho. They're clearly focusing on the big sellers.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I personally think Horizon 2, God of War Ragnarok, Last of Us 2 will all release much more quickly on PC simply because the engines have now already been ported to PC. I think Days Gone came out on PC faster due to it using Unreal Engine. But now that we got all these engines ported from God of War 1, Uncharted Collection, Horizon 1, the ports for sequels should he way quicker.

KAL2006

Banned
It surprising how many people will buy games on PC that have been out a few years on console.
I would of thought ppl who want to play GOW would not want wait so long.

I can wait I just finished God of War for the first time when the 60fps patch came out for PS5. However Days Gone has shown the wait could be as little as 2 years if the engine is already ported to PC. So I can see God of War Ragnarok coming out 2 years after release which means I can definitely wait for the PC port.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I personally think Horizon 2, God of War Ragnarok, Last of Us 2 will all release much more quickly on PC simply because the engines have now already been ported to PC. I think Days Gone came out on PC faster due to it using Unreal Engine. But now that we got all these engines ported from God of War 1, Uncharted Collection, Horizon 1, the ports for sequels should he way quicker.
And thats the great thing about common engines. Makes it easier to port to different platforms so more gamers can play it.

Happy about this. Not going to buy as I didn’t play it much on PS4 (keep meaning to get back to it) but this is progress. I expect a 6-12 month console exclusive window for future stuff from Sony now until the fans get used to it, then day one releases on PS and PC shortly after! Inevitable really.

Md Ray

The rumor from Colin Moriarty said explicitly that the remaster is for both PS5 and PC.

Only way Bloodborne ever gets a 60 FPS remaster on PS5 is if they port it to PC as well. Jimbo wants dat Steam $

Well every major 1st party PS4 game is going to PC eventually. Jimbo made that clear.

Ghost, TLOU2, GT7, HFW, Spidey, Bloodborne, etc.

Not sure if 2016 Ratchet is big enough for them to both porting tho. They're clearly focusing on the big sellers.
I see. I'm just going off the GeForce Now leaks. There was no mention of Bloodborne, Spidey, and TLOU 1 & 2 in it. But you might be right though, these may eventually make their way to PC.

But it ain't winning until it gets Knack 1 & 2.

Top Bottom