• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man or God of War will win Sony's supreme game poll

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Spiderman miles morales defeating death stranding lmao.

sony fanbase has always been full of casual cucks. i like them when i need sony to win some sales wars but fuck me if these morons dont have the worst taste in games.

GametimeUK

How I got it.

AJUzikz.jpg

nial

Gold Member

sony fanbase has always been full of casual cucks. i like them when i need sony to win some sales wars but fuck me if these morons dont have the worst taste in games.
Death Stranding literally won over Miles Morales on Twitter. Bold of you to assume that most of the people voting in that poll are actual Sony fans, though.

TexMex

Damn the sony supreme game instagram poll can’t wait to see how this one turns out exciting stuff

Fake

Sony fanboys most of the time behave like this, so no surprises.
Having a discussion in the PS5pro thread for example is like talking to a wall.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
My final would be TLoU II vs GOW18.

TLoU II is the winner in the end. Special mention for Ghost of Tsushima. Honestly, Sony has soo many bangers that there is no one right answer.

How dare people have different opinions than you.

yamaci17

where u at rofif rofif they robbed our death stranding. miles morales wtf a dlc game with subpar story beats an original title that brims with creativity and originality

this is nonsense

Last edited:

EDMIX

The love Spiderman gets is WILD!

i'd pick God Of War 2018.

I haven't had that Zelda, dungeon feeling since Zelda Link Between Worlds

Mortisfacio

For me would be GoW 2018

Not sure why Spiderman is so popular. I enjoyed Starfield more than Spiderman, and I never finished Starfield due to boredom.

Last edited:

Jesb

Who’s to say who or what should make the playoffs? And than why certain games are facing eachother. Why?

mdkirby

Last of us 1 & 2 are both far superior to either. Tsushima I’d also say is better than god of war ragnarok. As is days gone and returnal 🤷‍♂️

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
sm2 and ragnarok are sbi ruined games. Terrible narratives and characters. (edit: that is not debatable. They worked with sbi to get government money from esg)
gow 2018 is great.
SM1 I've not played... looks boring but I wouldn't know.

edit: all that aside - gow 2018 is just a better game than ragnarok

Last edited:

gtabro

Spider-Man Miles Morales, which I found to be an okay 7/10 at best, won over Death Stranding, TLOU, and even Uncharted 4?! Yeah, I'm not trusting the result of that poll, gonna pass on voting myself too, you guys have fun.

SlimySnake

sm2 and ragnarok are sbi ruined games. Terrible narratives and characters. (edit: that is not debatable. They worked with sbi to get government money from esg)
gow 2018 is great.
SM1 I've not played... looks boring but I wouldn't know.

edit: all that aside - gow 2018 is just a better game than ragnarok
ESG is for the parent company's stocks. So this would affect every game on that list.

GymWolf

I wept for hardcore gaming if the cringe ass fedex simulator is considered the hardcore option here :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Just goes to show how strong the ips are though. People really like new gow format, I'll have to eat my own pubes now. Have to wait six months till they grow back first though.

I guess the many won against the few who liked the old style games more. Fuck y'all.

SlimySnake

Just goes to show how strong the ips are though. People really like new gow format, I'll have to eat my own pubes now. Have to wait six months till they grow back first though.

I guess the many won against the few who liked the old style games more. Fuck y'all.
The old style had 6 games. It was time to move on. The 2 games we have gotten since have been great, but the lack of epic setpieces is something that can be fixed later. Overall, the games are far deeper, have better level design and storytelling. The are simply lacking in those epic moments and setpieces which is disappointing but not a deal breaker.

Fake

In terms of sales, its spiderman.

What Spider-Man? The recent ones?

Not all the old Spider-Man, even from Activision, did so well. Only Insonmiac nailed the IP on gaming.

God of War in the other hand was huge back in PS2 era.

SlimySnake

What Spider-Man? The recent ones?

Not all the old Spider-Man, even from Activision, did so well. Only Insonmiac nailed the IP on gaming.

God of War in the other hand was huge back in PS2 era.
the franchise. sony recently announced its hit over 50 million. that includes SP1, Miles and Spiderman 2.

GymWolf

Good. Cry more. lol

In terms of sales, its spiderman.
What was exactly hardcore in that game?

The game was easy af and 9\10 of the mechanics were half cooked, combat and boss fight were terrible, and people built highways and shit to avoid dealing with the annoying walking part.

Was the plot that make the game hardcore? Because gameplay wise almost every game in existence is more hardcore than ds...

Last edited:

Fake

the franchise. sony recently announced its hit over 50 million. that includes SP1, Miles and Spiderman 2.

Spider-Man in games existed long before Sony started to make games dude.

And when I talk about GoW, I talk since PS2 to PS5. GoW is the most popular IP on Sony.

SlimySnake

What was exactly hardcore in that game?

The game was easy af and 9\10 of the mechanics were half cooked, combat and boss fight were terrible, and people built highways and shit to avoid dealing with the annoying walking part.

Was the cringe plot that make the game hardcore? Because gameplay wise almost every game in existence is more hardcore than ds.
If i say underlying systems, you will get triggered so i will just say that it won the most GOTY awards that year even though it went up against goty contenders like RE2, Sekiro, Control, Star Wars jedi survivor, DMC5 etc.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
ESG is for the parent company's stocks. So this would affect every game on that list.
but it wasn't in effect in 2018. Other than that you are correct.
well... to be precise, ESG is a thing after 2018. so games released in 2018-2019 are still not affected.
After that, they got tons of dev money for good esg scores and they had to hire consulting firms and so on. That's why many of those games are so influenced

Lupin25

Spider-Man will win based off brand popularity alone. This was over before it started. Plus, there’s the recency bias of SM2 (still a great game though)

GymWolf

If i say underlying systems, you will get triggered so i will just say that it won the most GOTY awards that year even though it went up against goty contenders like RE2, Sekiro, Control, Star Wars jedi survivor, DMC5 etc.
That is not an answer, not that i was actually expecting an actual explanation of what make that thing an hardcore title when the gameplay systems were so half cooked and the level of challenge was hilariously low.

All the titles you listed are far more hardcore than ds is ever gonna be.

And no, some clunky inventory management or throwing piss granades at ghosts was not hardcore gaming.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

The lack of variety is pretty sad.
huh?
You have:

1) Survival Horror third person Shooter
2) Open world action adventure superhero game
3) Metroidvania action adventure/hack and slash
4) Racing game
5) Souls like hack and slash RPG
6) Open world action adventure hack and slash
7) open world action adventure bow and arrow shooter.
8) open world action adventure walking simulator
9) rouge like third person shooter
10) Kiddie action adventure shooter.

The only popular genre they dont have is a first person shooter and a WRPG. But honestly, im glad Insomniac and GG left Resistance and KZ behind. You cant do much with the FPS genre nowadays. COD is exactly where it was 20 years ago save for a battle royale mode made popular by two third person games.

I do hope they make an RPG and kill Ratchet forever. You dont need another third person shooter in the action adventure genre on playstation.

SlimySnake

That is not an answer, not that i was actually expecting an actual explanation of what make that thing an hardcore title when the gameplay systems were so half cooked and the level of challenge was hilariously low.

All the titles you listed are far more hardcore than ds is ever gonna be.

And no, some clunky inventory management or throwing piss granades at ghosts was not hardcore gaming.
I said hardcore in comparison to a fucking Miles DLC. Spiderman is like casual Arkham. Both in terms of combat and puzzles. Forget about the metroidvania design of those games that insomniac thinks casuals are too stupid to play. Even the combat is dumbed down. Only ratchet is less hardcore than miles and thats a kids game that also dumbed down the puzzles to attract casuals.

meanwhile, the walking sim that you described as easy was anything but. it gets easier later on yes, but it is legitimately a very hard game and every single reviewer said that its not for everyone because of that initial difficulty.

GymWolf

I said hardcore in comparison to a fucking Miles DLC. Spiderman is like casual Arkham. Both in terms of combat and puzzles. Forget about the metroidvania design of those games that insomniac thinks casuals are too stupid to play. Even the combat is dumbed down. Only ratchet is less hardcore than miles and thats a kids game that also dumbed down the puzzles to attract casuals.

meanwhile, the walking sim that you described as easy was anything but. it gets easier later on yes, but it is legitimately a very hard game and every single reviewer said that its not for everyone because of that initial difficulty.
You were going pretty well until the very hard game part.

I'm literally gonna sideeye any decent player that had any problem whatsoever with that game other than the first couple of hours because you have to digest the new mechanics.

Also, fucking lmao at even bringing modern journalist as a proof that the game was hard, like are you for real man?
If that is a very hard game i have no idea how you can play any other game on more than easy mode...

At least challenge wise, Miles on max difficulty that you unlock after the first run is harder than anything inside ds by a landslide.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Three Spiderman games
Two God of Wars
Two Horizon games
Two Last of Us games

In the old days this would’ve been 16 different franchises battling.

It really shows how safe the AAA industry needs to be, and how studios are stuck making the same games.
The sequelitis is bad yes, but cant ignore other games like returnal, death stranding and ghost of tsushima. the era in discussion had just one real sequel from the the previous gen, TLOU. GOW was a designed from a ground up reboot. Spiderman 2 was an existing IP in name only. horizon was a new IP. GoT new IP. Death stranding and returnal also new IPs. Of course, they were going to release sequels for them. The next era begins next year as Bluepoint, SSM, ND, Bend and their newly acquired studios begin to release new IPs they have all confirmed to be working on. The only sequels on the horizon are Spiderman 2, Horizon 3, GoT 2 and Death stranding 2. That means the vast majority of the games set to release in the next 4-5 years are going to be new IPs.

their output diversity is still better than any other publisher including ubisoft, activision, ea, ms and take2. only nintendo has more diversity but honestly, aside from zelda, its mostly all B games or AA games. i wouldnt pick a single non-zelda nintendo game over these sony aaa games.

SlimySnake

You were going pretty well until the very hard game part.

I'm literally gonna sideeye any decent player that had any problem whatsoever with that game other than the first couple of hours because you have to digest the new mechanics.

Also, fucking lmao at even bringing modern journalist as a proof that the game was hard, like are you for real man?
If that is a very hard game i have no idea how you can play any other game on more than easy mode...
Dude, everyone struggled with the opening world. Maybe you played the game after the directors cut when they added the exo-skeleton suit in the first world but that was not there at launch, and the game was brutal because you had no guns, no exo-suit, no vehicles, or ziplines. that came in the second world. I am glad you didnt have a hard time but virtually everyone who played it did.

Top Bottom