• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man or God of War will win Sony's supreme game poll

Robb

Gold Member
I’d probably go with GoW18 out of that list (haven’t played SM2 though). But I’d personally put TLoU Pt.1 above all of them.

Hard to believe Miles of all things beat it.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
I’d probably go with GoW18 out of that list (haven’t played SM2 though). But I’d personally put TLoU Pt.1 above all of them.

Hard to believe Miles of all things beat it.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Yeah, TLoU pt. 1 is probably the best thing to come from Sony since it released imo. They've released great stuff since then, but none that's had the impact on me like TloU pt. 1 did.

Last edited:

yurinka

Out of the semi finalists in Instagrama and Twitter, I think the finalists should be GoW 2018 vs GoWR. And GoW 2018 should win.

Pelta88

Surprised to see some questioning the results of a popularity poll especially given how well the GOW & SM franchises sold.

Personally, I think Returnal got robbed…

Instagram has many more Spiderman fans than other social media sites. It was not a pleasant day when tons of upset SM fans flooded all gaming accounts after SM2 won zero trophies at TGAs.

Much much better. Like galaxies ahead.

Wish I could see the numbers because GoW 2018 probably are miles ahead everything.
You can see them if you're logged into your X/Twitter account. That said, here are the results for the semifinals:

JMd8xOm.png

Oh and Miles Morales vs Death Stranding in the first round of the voting was super close!

AVoU6Md.png

Last edited:

nikos

Didn't like God of War 2018. Tried to play it 2-3x and couldn't get into it.

Not a Marvel fan but Spider-Man was a good game. Haven't played the sequel yet.

From that list, Returnal, GT7 (especially if it come to PC) and Death Stranding (which I need to finish) are on top. Haven't finished R&C but double dipped on PC and have been meaning to do so.

nial

Gold Member
That picture is a good representation of the first party output from Sony lol.
Spiderman
The last of us
GoW
Remakes.

Amazing.
And Gran Turismo, Death Stranding, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal and Ghost of Tsushima.
Damn, not even in the list. Bloodborne was robbed.
Mehhh

This is the best of Sony.

tjZTcQa.jpg
Considering that Bloodborne and Astro Bot Rescue Mission are far superior to those games that poll is a joke.
Those are old PS4/Vita only games, though. Why would they include them? (And both HZD and GOW 2018 at the very least had recent PC ports).

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
And Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal and Ghost of Tsushima.

Those are old PS4/Vita only games, though. Why would they include them? (And both HZD and GOW 2018 at the very least had recent PC ports).
Will be get a Gravity Rush 2 remastered... So is a touche. 🤺

StereoVsn

Personally I would put Ghost of Tsushima above all of these, but that’s very much YMMV. Ghost for me just gave so much atmosphere I could overlook its open world Ubi like mechanics and issues.

1. Wait till it rains
  2. Challenge an enemy
  3. Put the game in Black and White mode.
  4. Kill the opposing swordsman in a single draw.
That’s some Kurosawa shit going on here. 😁

Wow some of the whining from you guys is hilarious. Do you hate Sony’s most popular first party games? I agree with the lists. God of War, Spider-Man, The Last of Us…all incredible franchises and among the best in gaming.

Bonus points: I find Ghost of Tsushima incredibly overrated. The combat is great, but the world is boring. And depressing to explore considering the missions all play out with the same general melancholic tone. The world is colorful, but not one I was motivated to explore due to not liking any of the characters or stories. I expect to like Assassin’s Creed Red much more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom