• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War coming to PC on January 14

Guilty_AI

I just get it how some people feel negative about the game. It got so many great reviews. If you don’t like it that’s okay because of your personal taste, but doesn’t make the game bad. I personally don’t like many games which got high scores, but I don’t speak bad about them, because I know that it just depends on personal taste.
yes

I am a father of 2 and I feel you can only really appreciate the game fully after you also have children.
no

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Anyone who thinks that Pc players playing GoW on pc will make them want to buy a ps5 just to play the sequel definitely doesn't understand the pc player base.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

WitchHunter

Banned
Bring the *real* Kratos/GOW games to PC and we'll talk. I'm talking the PS2/3 trilogy. Dad of War was decent, but *so* wildly overrated imho. Not even close to GOW 1/2/3.
The first two games didn't age well.

Anyone who thinks that Pc players playing GoW on pc will make them want to buy a ps5 just to play the sequel definitely doesn't understand the pc player base.
Guess, we and Sony will see what the numbers will show.

A port of the original trilogy to the PC would be glorious.

I miss the angry Kratos.

Yeah, I get why Sony neutered him in this day and age, but I loved the unapologetically, rage-soaked Kratos. It's a work of fiction. I know I'm a dinosaur to many in the world today, but I don't think art/artists should worry about offending anyone. Creative expression allows for examining things that may be uncomfortable or distasteful. I don't know how we've walked down the road where no one can be put off by anything without there being hell to pay.
The first two games didn't age well.
They did to me. I still love them.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
Yeah, I get why Sony neutered him in this day and age, but I loved the unapologetically, rage-soaked Kratos. It's a work of fiction. I know I'm a dinosaur to many in the world today, but I don't think art/artists should worry about offending anyone. Creative expression allows for examining things that may be uncomfortable or distasteful. I don't know how we've walked down the road where no one can be put off by anything without hell to pay.

There was nothing inherently wrong or offensive with his character anyway. Angry Kratos was unique. And I preferred the excessive gore in the previous games. God Of War 2018 feels watered down in so many aspects.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
A port of the original trilogy to the PC would be glorious.

I miss the angry Kratos.
The way the story went it doesn't make sense for Kratos keep being angry, I personally liked what they did with his character in GOW 2018.

The part that never gel with me was Kratos being son of Zeus in GOW2, it just doesn't make any sense and which begs the question why would he even needed Ares to save him from normal ass barbarian when was demigod in the first place?

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

The way the story went it doesn't make sense for Kratos keep being angry, I personally liked what they did with his character in GOW 2018.
It makes sense, but doesn't necessarely make it entertaining. Awkward Kratos has its highlights but i find losing-his-shit kratos more interesting still.

The part that never gel with me was Kratos being son of Zeus in GOW2, it just doesn't make any sense and which begs the question why would he even needed Ares to save him from normal ass barbarian when was demigod in the first place?
c'mon, that isn't even the worst plothole in the game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
t makes sense, but doesn't necessarely make it entertaining. Awkward Kratos has its highlights but i find losing-his-shit kratos more interesting still.
If want angry god I would go with Asura's Wrath.......
KZHTTuP.gif

His much more fun and entertaining than angry Kratos.

nikos

Never finished this on PS4. Started a new game, played for about 20 minutes on PS5, and I think I'm going to pick it up on PC to give it a second chance.

OG Kratos and Greek mythology are infinitely better though.

drotahorror

Hopefully there's a mod to skip cutscenes. I know you can in new game +. I just plat'd the game last year and don't really want to see the cutscenes again. I almost plat'd the game when it originally came out on ps4 but I couldn't retrieve my save for the ps5 update.

Vagswarm

$36 on CDKeys now

This is the first time I ever pre-ordered a game. Broke my golden rule of wait and see no matter what. That's just too good of a deal and I trust Sony won't treat it like trash.

Stuart360

Always found that 'theory' comical, especially with Sony keep announcing more games coming to PC, and buying up PC porting houses.
They also dont understand PC gamers if they believe that. If anything PC gamers like myself will just wait for the sequel to come.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Always found that 'theory' comical, especially with Sony keep announcing more games coming to PC, and buying up PC porting houses.
They also dont understand PC gamers if they believe that. If anything PC gamers like myself will just wait for the sequel to come.
If someone didn't even got 200$ ps4 slim to play his super hyped anticipated game... and preferred to wait 5 years for pc release... there isn't a high chance this will change for the sequel.
That says something about stubborn pc gamers... not sure what

Stuart360

If someone didn't even got 200$ ps4 slim to play his super hyped anticipated game... and preferred to wait 5 years for pc release... there isn't a high chance this will change for the sequel.
Well believe it or not but PC gamers arent hanging around with nothing to play, and if PC gamers werent buying up PS4's when zero Playstation games were coming to PC, they are not going to start now when more and more Playstation games are coming to PC. Plus although i used to be a console and PC gamer who still has a lot of fondness for consoles, many PC gamers dont.
We already get every game that comes to console, including all Xbox games, and now an increasing amount of Sony games. The only thing we dont get are Nintendo games, but they are not everyones cup of tea, and all the big Switch games come to emulator anyway.
There is literally zero reason for a PC gamer to buy a none Nintendo console these days.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Some PC gamers, who really like the game, will get a PS5 for the sequel. Not many, but a few for sure. And anyway Sony is putting these games out on PC after 2-3 years, so doesnt matter to current PS5 owners as they get day one. Very few will wait 2-3 years for PC release.
Its a win-win for Sony (and all gamers) really. Sell a few more PS5s, definitely sell a couple million more copies on PC. Profit!
Now that Xbox games are on PC, and I have a PS5 and PC already, I am totally set for this generation. Love this approach of Sony and MS.

Some PC gamers, who really like the game, will get a PS5 for the sequel. Not many, but a few for sure. And anyway Sony is putting these games out on PC after 2-3 years, so doesnt matter to current PS5 owners as they get day one. Very few will wait 2-3 years for PC release.
Its a win-win for Sony (and all gamers) really. Sell a few more PS5s, definitely sell a couple million more copies on PC. Profit!
Now that Xbox games are on PC, and I have a PS5 and PC already, I am totally set for this generation. Love this approach of Sony and MS.
They waited 3 years for the Pc release and i doubt that many are TRYING to spend 500 bucks just for one game. Also i'm pretty sure the period from console to pc releases will get shorter. I can imagine 6-12 months at some point this gen.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
They waited 3 years for the Pc release and i doubt that many are TRYING to spend 500 bucks just for one game. Also i'm pretty sure the period from console to pc releases will get shorter. I can imagine 6-12 months at some point this gen.

Thats why I said a few, but not many.
But if the gap becomes 6-12 months as you say, then for sure very very few would buy a PS5 for any sequel and would rather wait.

Stuart360

I have always said that i believe PS5 games will be hitting PC day and date by the end of this gen. In fact there was even a thread on here not long ago with rumours about that very thing. Now if the games only do decent on PC over the next few years, that may not happen, but if most do very well, i think release time will get shorter and shorter as the gen goes on.

It an amusing theory that all this is some master plan by Sony to reel in PC gamers to PS5, but in reality they are just trying to make more money.

Thats why I said a few, but not many.
But if the gap becomes 6-12 months as you say, then for sure very very few would buy a PS5 for any sequel and would rather wait.
You also said "Very few will wait 2-3 years for PC release." I think we are talking about a very low sinlge digit percentage and people who just buy a console for exclusives are not what Sony wants. Imagine many people blocking PS5 spots for a game and not buying subscriptions or 3rd party games. That's a wasted PS5 with the shortages.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I have always said that i believe PS5 games will be hitting PC day and date by the end of this gen. In fact there was even a thread on here not long ago with rumours about that very thing. Now if the games only do decent on PC over the next few years, that may not happen, but if most do very well, i think release time will get shorter and shorter as the gen goes on.

It an amusing theory that all this is some master plan by Sony to reel in PC gamers to PS5, but in reality they are just trying to make more money.

I hope what you are saying is true. Then I will need only a PC, and not PC+Playstation combo I have had for decades. :)

And the faster the games are coming the more the pc releases will profit from Sonys insane AAA game marketing with dozens of millions if not >100m.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I just get it how some people feel negative about the game. It got so many great reviews. If you don’t like it that’s okay because of your personal taste, but doesn’t make the game bad. I personally don’t like many games which got high scores, but I don’t speak bad about them, because I know that it just depends on personal taste.

I am a father of 2 and I feel you can only really appreciate the game fully after you also have children.
I am a father of 3 and that’s just BS sorry. I appreciated The Last of Us more than GoW in 2013, before I had any children and that game is similar thematically (however more robust and thoughtful in its story telling).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am a father of 3 and that’s just BS sorry. I appreciated The Last of Us more than GoW in 2013, before I had any children and that game is similar thematically (however more robust and thoughtful in its story telling).
Listen.
From now on, you should only play Red Dead 2, God of War and Death Stranding.
Only games with boy/kid/b(a)b(y) allowed

ZywyPL

Banned

I think there's a huge misconception going on here on GAF that PC gamers were waiting (let alone begging like some fanboys try to imply lol) for the games to show up on PC, the reality is simple really - nobody gives a fuck about those glorified Sony exclusives.

I know some really die-hard PC fanatics who to my surprise did get a PS3 or PS4 back in the days just to play literally a single title they truly desired, like GT, Demon Souls, GoW3 etc. that weren't indeed available elsewhere, but guys wanted to play them so much they went out to buy the consoles despite how much they hate them.

So if PC gamers didn't get a PS4 in the past 8 years for games like GoW, S-M, TLoU2, GoT, HZD, DS etc. that simply means there never was an interest in those games.

But since they are available now, why shouldn't people give them a go? It's their money, their gaming rigs, they can play whatever is there to play. And this actually works the same for many many console players as well, who buy then for games like Fifa, GTA, CoD etc. but do buy a 1P exclusive every now and then since they are there, but wouldn't cry if they weren't and it was all 3P games to choose from.

sendit

Yeah, I get why Sony neutered him in this day and age, but I loved the unapologetically, rage-soaked Kratos. It's a work of fiction. I know I'm a dinosaur to many in the world today, but I don't think art/artists should worry about offending anyone. Creative expression allows for examining things that may be uncomfortable or distasteful. I don't know how we've walked down the road where no one can be put off by anything without there being hell to pay.

You aren't alone on this. The world is in a sad state.

Top Bottom