• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War hit's 2M+ sales on STEAM... according to SteamSpy

Rykan

Well 63 percent of all users can play the game just fine, which makes the amount of players who can run it the majority
Absolutely. It's a great port and it runs on a very large range of machine. But your agrument was that most PC gamers won't buy a PS5 to play exclusives because of inferior hardware. I agree with your premise that they won't buy a PS5 just to play excusives, but not because it is inferior hardware as the PS5's hardware is much better than what most PC gamers, or at the very least Steam users, own.

Last edited:
I would be shocked to anything quicker than 2 years in the next few years, unless Sony still can't produce any more PS5.
They may very well become day and date.

It depends on whether Sony feels that the advertising budgets benefit day and date rather than a separate campaign compared to any hit on ps5 sales.

The ps5 sells itself at this point. Doubt a significant number of people will buy a pc instead of a ps5 just because of day and date releases

I’m not talking about any specific game. And yes, there is always concerns that a game doesn’t make back its development costs.

Not really. Do you really think COD devs and Rockstar are concerned about COD and GTA making back their dev costs?

Cd Projekts stock price… how are you struggling here.

Lol, you're still on this?

At this point, they have a lot to prove before anyone thinks about buying them.

Not really. Do you really think COD devs and Rockstar are concerned about COD and GTA making back their dev costs?

Lol, you're still on this?

At this point, they have a lot to prove before anyone thinks about buying them.

Yeah all games especially the more expensive they get worry about recouping dev costs but we’re not talking about gta or cod here are we? We’re talking about the random Sony game, in particular games that might be new IP. Having the ability to expand your sales revenue on PC means you can take far greater risks more safely.

You definitely have a reading comprehension issue. Am I still on about it? I made a comment and you responded to it, and then I responded and you were lost in the sauce for a couple of comments.

You want to buy low, especially when the low factor is something that can be relatively easily overcome.

Cyberpunk and Witcher would be great IP for Sony. And the first party resources would be great for CD Projekt. Buying them cheaper now is something you won’t be able to do in the future after their stock price recovers and it will.

Daytonabot

Banned
short term revenue, sure.....but what you can't tell just yet, and is not as easy to measure, is whether this will affect people's decision on buying PlayStation hardware in the future
Sony is a publicly traded company. Short term revenue is the name of the game.

Yeah all games especially the more expensive they get worry about recouping dev costs but we’re not talking about gta or cod here are we? We’re talking about the random Sony game, in particular games that might be new IP. Having the ability to expand your sales revenue on PC means you can take far greater risks more safely.

You definitely have a reading comprehension issue. Am I still on about it? I made a comment and you responded to it, and then I responded and you were lost in the sauce for a couple of comments.

You want to buy low, especially when the low factor is something that can be relatively easily overcome.

Cyberpunk and Witcher would be great IP for Sony. And the first party resources would be great for CD Projekt. Buying them cheaper now is something you won’t be able to do in the future after their stock price recovers and it will.

That random Sony game you're talking about sold 20m copies. You're delusional if you think there was ever a risk of a GOW game not recouping its dev costs.

No game that is a market-proven franchise is concerned about only recouping dev costs; else it wouldn't be a fucking franchise if the risk was that high.

Stuart360

You have to wonder how Sony will view this in terms of the sequel, and how close to the console launch the PC version will end up.
If GOW can hit around 2mil after a month or so, i could def see the sequel hitting around 4mil after a month, assuming it launched at the same time on Steam as console.
Yes this will be interesting to watch.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sony is a publicly traded company. Short term revenue is the name of the game.

It's not the only name of the game. Stop allowing stock traders lie to you on Youtube!

You have to wonder how Sony will view this in terms of the sequel, and how close to the console launch the PC version will end up.
If GOW can hit around 2mil after a month or so, i could def see the sequel hitting around 4mil after a month, assuming it launched at the same time on Steam as console.
Yes this will be interesting to watch.

Or maybe it'll sell 4 million after a month if it only came out one year after the PS5 version. This proves that PC gamers don't mind getting the game later than the PS gamers.

Last edited:

Mabdia

Good. Now bring GT7 and we're done talking.

No the PC only crown won't Double dip as in they won't buy a PS5 for just 1 or 2 Sony Exclusive game but they will buy the game if it comes to PC that was my point they won't buy the console but they will buy the game if it come on PC meaning even if Sony release games on PC day 1 it won't hurt PS5 sales cause most if not all PC player will never buy a console just for 1 or 2 games

Don't know if you're that right. I mean... I was a diehard Playstation fan and now I just can't care about getting a PS5. Damn! My PS4 broken and I'll get another instead of get a PS5 tht runs the same games that I have...

Last edited:

iHaunter

Absolutely. It's a great port and it runs on a very large range of machine. But your agrument was that most PC gamers won't buy a PS5 to play exclusives because of inferior hardware. I agree with your premise that they won't buy a PS5 just to play excusives, but not because it is inferior hardware as the PS5's hardware is much better than what most PC gamers, or at the very least Steam users, own.
PS5 is likely better than 85-90% of live PC/Laptops that're out-there. That's for damn sure. Especially the SSD speeds. How many PCIE.4 SSDs are there in the wild at the moment? 3-5% if that? How would they do a Ratchet Port on PCs that can handle the load times? Some gameplay elements require the SSD to be fast.

Top Bottom