• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
godofpat-a-cakeaaudh.gif

Look at all dat smoke and mirror !

Kaizer

Banned
Man, I really enjoyed that panel, Cory is cool as hell. It's always great getting to see the people behind the games that we all enjoy.

MattAces

Are they spying on my browser tab? I was literally opening both Skyrim VR trailer and SPARC trailer to rewatch, and they play both of them back to back.

Kain

Wait, Teal'c is doing the mocap? Holy fuck this game

The only grip I have is with the camera, I hope being open world and such when you get into combat you can adjust it to a little farther one.

What was the question I couldn't hear shit.

It's pretty spoilery if it pans out to be true. I won't go into specifics here but the Q was based on the mythological character the snake is based on and his relationships, and if said relationships pointed to something specific occurring in GoW.

strafer

So apparently all the runes in the game mean something and is important.

Time to rewatch the trailers and try to decipher.

What does it say on the axe for example.

ced

It's pretty spoilery if it pans out to be true. I won't go into specifics here but the Q was based on the mythological character the son is based on and his relationships, and if said relationships pointed to something specific occurring in GoW.

Just spoiler tag it if you're that concerned.

jiggle

It's pretty spoilery if it pans out to be true. I won't go into specifics here but the Q was based on the mythological character the son is based on and his relationships, and if said relationships pointed to something specific occurring in GoW.
With that face, It's a pretty obv outcome though

Corpsepyre

Banned
So apparently all the runes in the game mean something and is important.

Time to rewatch the trailers and try to decipher.

What does it say on the axe for example.

Check SSM's Twitter. They posted some old Norse there after the snake reveal yesterday. It's what the snake guy says.

ced

So that sand art story segment I think showed that Atreus's mothers ashes are in the leather pouch they're carrying. They're said to be on a personal journey, so I'm guessing they're taking her ashes somewhere possibly to bring her back from death?

Are they going to show any footage from like the middle of the game?

Just like 5-10 minutes of a level in the middle of the game to see what the game is like after the tutorial.

So that sand art story segment I think showed that Atreus's mothers ashes are in the leather pouch they're carrying. They're said to be on a personal journey, so I'm guessing they're taking her ashes somewhere possibly to bring her back from death?

Maybe they're on a journey to Valhalla.

God, they did a lot of cool concepts with the Greek mythos, but the possibilities for Norse mythology are sooo exciting. One day I want Cory and Jaffe to team up (maybe bring back Stig) to make the OG God of War 3 pitch where all the pantheons go to war. That was the Egyptian, Norse (and possibly Shinto) Gods invading Olympus while it beseiged...

Are they going to show any footage from like the middle of the game?

Just like 5-10 minutes of a level in the middle of the game to see what the game is like after the tutorial.

I think they're saving that and a glimpse of a boss fight for PSX. We only saw minions and that huge monster with that big ass log (which I highly doubt that qualifies as a boss fight).

The panel was pretty awesome. Cory seems like a fun guy and a pain in the ass as a boss.
Can't wait for this game, seriously. My hype it's beyond the roof.

Top Bottom