• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarok Officially sells through 11 Million copies

Pelta88

kratos-god-of-war.gif

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Awesome, a fabulously well made game with many fans, I myself have realised I'm not one of them after playing the first 10 hours of both and dropping them for other games, maybe I'll try again on Ragnarok but I doubt it.

MiguelItUp

Nice! I enjoyed the game quite a bit, though I wasn't too keen on the amount of watching and not playing segments. Felt even more plentiful than 2018. Final result left me feeling like I watched more than I played. But still a nice sequel nonetheless, and worth checking out if you're into the IP.

Will double dip on PC in due time.

That's crazy.

But I wonder if it don't put Naughty Dot at a awkward position. They needed almost two years to sell 10 million copies of TLOU2 on console that sold 120 million.

Truth is.

Things are getting better for Sony and that's great to see. I still have memories of when they were in trouble. Thankfully they learnt from their mistakes.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I wonder how many of them were PS5 Console bundles. These are the bundles I’m seeing around a lot, and is one I got in December.

That's crazy.

But I wonder if it don't put Naughty Dot at a awkward position. They needed almost two years to sell 10 million copies of TLOU2 on console that sold 120 million.

Naughty Dog needs to up their game

TLOU 2 was divisive and the gameplay structure wasn’t improved much (and it needs lots of improving)

The God of War formula/design structure is more appealing

I wonder what the ps5/4 split is.

This game could have very long tail as more people get PS5.
If it's anything like other crossgen titles, it's probably about 70/30 PS5 to PS4.

Also bundle sales typically aren't counted in these sales numbers. So counting bundles it's well over 11 million.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of them were PS5 Console bundles. These are the bundles I’m seeing around a lot, and is one I got in December.
That's what I was wondering. But didn't some analyst who reports on sales say bundles don't really impact sales that much?
So let's say the split could've been 9 million from sales alone and 2 million from bundles. Still pretty good if you ask me, and probably a lot of people who bought the bundle were planning on getting the game anyway, considering the popularity of the franchise.

Last edited:

Jennings

Congratulations God of War Ragnarok. You might not have been game of the year 2022, but you'll always be game of the year in the hearts of your biggest fans.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
$100-150 million max. They spent a lot of marketing but not like movies do. I’d say $75 million for dev another $50 million for marketing.
No those were prices floating around 10 years ago for 360 cross gen AAA titles. It’s wayyyyy more money now. Companies are routinely dripping $300-$400 million total on a big game. God of War is probably not that much but not too far off either.

Top Bottom