• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War TV Series - Amazon Prime

Lupin25

Sometimes the old men are right and the clouds are actually the shallow, empty, vapid piles of shit they say they are. Being a box office success doesn't take much these days, and is certainly not indicative of quality.

Profit is what matters and it’s not like a whole lot of creativity is brimming out of Hollywood currently. They’re smart for cashing in.

Last edited:

night13x

Hopefully Amazon picks a great african american actor to play kratos. If based on 2018 GOW then they should re-write the story about Kratos daughter instead of boy. Let's keep it diverse!

Take a page out of the the witcher from netflix - more women the better. They don't really need Geralt because it is so good.

(this all may be sarcasm)

Zeroing

Banned
So who is Netflix going to get because it's only a matter of time before they have them footing the bill on an IP too.
In case people haven’t figure out, Sony Pictures have a lot of good tv shows in all the streaming platforms ( except Disney + ) but each are exclusive to a streaming platform.
my guess is also like the tv shows, each gaming IP will be tied to a different streaming service! The last of us is on HBO, god of war on Amazon, infamous will be on Netflix etc.

Hopefully Amazon picks a great african american actor to play kratos. If based on 2018 GOW then they should re-write the story about Kratos daughter instead of boy. Let's keep it diverse!

Take a page out of the the witcher from netflix - more women the better. They don't really need Geralt because it is so good.

your kind are so corny.

Loki is a shapeshifter btw. Sex shifter too.

Read this as God of War.

Which of I would prefer a TV series in the world of GOW, and not an actual movie.
GOOD for me.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
This is a very smart move, assuming if the tv shows failed, alot of people would be aware the GOW brand.

The violence in the Game of Thrones HBO show wasn't gratuitous or OTT. It reflected the source material, and the world that George R.R. Martin created.

What, the burning alive of the child as she pleads for her daddy was in the book? I must have missed that... fucking sick.

Yoboman

Amazon is probably the best place for this. They've shown they are willing to go pretty gory in their content

Netflix and Disney are family friendly, HBO is about mature, grounded stories.

mansoor1980

FCrjvcrXMAE2hNK

Hezekiah

Banned
What, the burning alive of the child as she pleads for her daddy was in the book? I must have missed that... fucking sick.
The book series is yet to be completed.

And the show is full of sick stuff. Cersei and Jamie banging each other, that's incredibly sick too. If it's too much for you don't watch it!

Tripolygon

Banned
Brown people on TV! OH THE HORROR!
Go away.
Why are you bringing race into this, you see, it’s not about race, it’s about maintaining the purity and sanctity of the source material and the wokination of the source material for political agenda and such.

RAIDEN1

I would rather see a God of War movie, CG these days has come on leaps and bounds so there is no reason why they couldn't make it, not as if Uncharted ever got a TV series..

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The more games to movies they can get out there the more chances of one actually being good, reports for the Uncharted movie are that it's good, I'll let you know it's ight considering it has star power, and it's not like Uncharted has A+ story telling, maybe B+ we have never seen a video game movie win an oscar, grammy, whatever award, movie of the year, best seller which lets you know about video game to tv shows whatever movies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Why are you bringing race into this, you see, it’s not about race, it’s about maintaining the purity and sanctity of the source material and the wokination of the source material for political agenda and such.

Sure buddy!

manfestival

I am extremely cautious about this. Entertainment media is too caught up in trying to meet criteria these days over telling a good story.

Shubh_C63

A cuphead tv show made sense. A GoW TV show if having Kratos as character is too close to the storytelling they can do in their games.

Another protagonist and how Kratos legends and decisions affected the world, and drama arose out of those elements would be an excellent show, with equal opportunity to introduce the character later in the game in some form. Kratos needs to be on the backdrop where people love and hate this god for shaking the status quo.

If this has Kratos face every 5 mins, be prepare for not a poor but mediocre unmemorable show.

Just my 2 cents.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
How many gay black guys lived in the Norse mythology?
Atreus will come out as a strong black trans woman.

Anyways, I don't get why they do a live action show when they should reuse the CGI assets.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
That would be a mistake. The story in the first game where Ares gives Kratos the Chains, then manipulates him, and then Kratos takes down Ares is the best one.
Yeah, but god of war 2018 has a lot of fans who have never touched or want to touch the older games. Its tough to say what they will do

Umbasaborne

Banned

Uuuuh, you know that kratos is black right? He is covered in the white ashes of his dead family. Also his two voice actors have been black…but yeah, poor white people, we are so underrepresented, boohoo

Uuuuh, you know that kratos is black right? He is covered in the white ashes of his dead family. Also his two voice actors have been black…but yeah, poor white people, we are so underrepresented, boohoo

His VA is black for the same reason Luke Skywalker's father was voiced by James Earl Jones. Not his race, but his voice.
Kratos is a Spartan born in Greece to a local woman and Zeus who is a Greek God. We've seen his offspring. Calliope isn't black and neither is Atreus.

We've seen Kratos in the Chains of Olympus without his war paint or ash. When he cast his weapons at the forsaken tree it removed his sins so he could see Calliope.

Three

He made a fair comparison. In 2013 MS Made Xbox Studios to produce movies and TV shows. Phil killed that fast when he took over. All these new PlayStation shows and movies (Uncharted, TLOU, Twisted Metal, GOW) are from a similar division Sony created to be like Marvel Studios and make movies and TV shows based on their games. If you saw Uncharted in theaters you saw their fancy animated logo.
And yet the Halo TV show is still happening 🤷‍♂️. People were talking about TV TV TV because MS concentrated on HDMI pass through and controlling TV through Kinect. Not because they were making a Halo TV show which still isn't cancelled anyway under Phil.

Last edited:
The book series is yet to be completed.

And the show is full of sick stuff. Cersei and Jamie banging each other, that's incredibly sick too. If it's too much for you don't watch it!

Lol I did. That scene was the last straw for me, I got two young kids so anything like that I find crossing the mark but each to their own. Incest is fine and dandy.

Brown people on TV! OH THE HORROR!
Go away.

Stop it I got 'brown' people in my immediate family. I work in a creative field where I can sympathise with the vision of creators, not from the perspective of some nerd that just consumes these i.p who thinks you can ride slipshod over someone's vision because you have no idea how much work it takes to create a coherrent universes such as these.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Has Amazon made a good show other than The Boys? I have been an Amazon Prime member forever and never felt compelled to watch any of their original programs. Actually the Tick was cool too.

Zeroing

Banned
Has Amazon made a good show other than The Boys? I have been an Amazon Prime member forever and never felt compelled to watch any of their original programs. Actually the Tick was cool too.
I think it’s made by Sony pictures isn’t! Whom until now never made a bad tv show!
There’s another Amazon tv show made by Sony - wheel of time!

Star-Lord

They are gonna totally neuter this for the small screen. Some of the shit in the first 3 games definitely won't fly in 2022
I imagine they’d go with the Norse-era games rather than the Greek. God of War 2018 still has enough gore in it to keep fans happy, but isn’t over the top like the originals.

Top Bottom