• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going Platinum: Bayonetta 2, combat design, and the Nintendo angle

Just the thought that they are going to one up one of the best action games to ever grace the genre is hype inducing. I am so glad this wasn't just left to die by Sega. I never thought I'd see a sequel to Bayonetta but here we are. Doesn't seem like there is any need for concern with Kamiya not being as hands on with the sequel.

Yeah, was worried a little, but with that E3 demo and quote about Nintendo playing backup... I'm just counting down the months

TreIII

This game is so going to be so hype. Platinum and Nintendo really are a match made in heaven,

Nintendo wouldn't buy Platinum though, especially if they keep working out these partnership games. Why buy a developer when the talent can just leave.

Exactly.

I would rather Nintendo make for plenty of other incentives for P* to keep working with them (re: fund the games that nobody else would be willing to publish is an easy one!), rather than buy them outright.

Hell, how about we have Nintendo talk to Capcom about Viewtiful Joe 3, and have a similar deal that dictated what's going on with Bayo2, for that matter?

Riki

Exactly.

I would rather Nintendo make for plenty of other incentives for P* to keep working with them (re: fund the games that nobody else would be willing to publish is an easy one!), rather than buy them outright.

Hell, how about we have Nintendo talk to Capcom about Viewtiful Joe 3, and have a similar deal that dictated what's going on with Bayo2, for that matter?
Kamiya won't work on another Viewtiful Joe, sadly. Once a series has a sequel without him, he doesn't feel it's his anymore.

Also, you can bet Nintendo will keep hiring Platinum if W101 and Bayo2 do well. So everyone better buy those two games!

wizzbang

Banned
This has been gone over more than a thousand times. You want to play this game? You buy a Wii U. Otherwise, you are not getting it.

Sorry all who replied, I'm 100% convinced now about this, a bit sad but so be it. I'll be playing on Wii U and won't ask again. Such is life!

mrmickfran

Kamiya won't work on another Viewtiful Joe, sadly. Once a series has a sequel without him, he doesn't feel it's his anymore.

Actually, the Viewtiful Joe case is different from the Okami and Devil May Cry cases; Kamiya still worked on the other Viewtiful Joe games, even if he wasn't director (he did only the story for the other games since he was too busy working on Okami at the time).

He still has interest in making a VJ3:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/02/bayonetta-2-not-before-viewtiful-joe-3-muses-kamiya/

The title of the article is pretty ironic though. lol

antibolo

Banned
So who actually owns the rights to the Bayonetta IP? Did Platinum always owned it all along and are just switching publishing+financing arrangements, or was it actually owned by Sega that then sold to Nintendo?

So who actually owns the rights to the Bayonetta IP? Did Platinum always owned it all along and are just switching publishing+financing arrangements, or was it actually owned by Sega that then sold to Nintendo?
I believe it's Sega. Not sure of the details when it comes to the deal with Nintendo, but I think they are just letting them "borrow" it.

Top Bottom